Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Something Ron Paul said in an interview with The Concord Monitor.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something Ron Paul said in an interview with The Concord Monitor.  (Read 3220 times)

Pizzly

• View Profile

When asking him about compromise, Ron Paul had replied he is not inclined to compromise on his principles. They brought up the example of the 3/5 compromise in the Constitutions and how Ron Paul's uncompromising view that blacks deserve equal legal rights to whites would have prevented the US Constitution from being ratified. His response to them was "you are making my point."

It's always frustrating when people pay lip service to the Constitution, when in reality they are opposed to it.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
Re: Something Ron Paul said in an interview with The Concord Monitor.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »

wait...spell that out for the slow guy in the room > o/

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »

wait...spell that out for the slow guy in the room > o/

Same here.

Making his point about what? That he's against the constitution because its flawed, or hes for it even with its flaws....... or what?

I dont get it.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Pizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:54:37 PM »

One of the only things that bothers me about Ron Paul is that he will talk about the Constitution a lot, but it's clear that he would have never ratified it and would have opposed it actively. I just think it's a little dishonest since he has actually called himself "the champion of the Constitution."  It's the same with many other libertarians and conservatives as well.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »

One of the only things that bothers me about Ron Paul is that he will talk about the Constitution a lot, but it's clear that he would have never ratified it and would have opposed it actively. I just think it's a little dishonest since he has actually called himself "the champion of the Constitution."  It's the same with many other libertarians and conservatives as well.

I'll take a narrowly defined Constitution over the 'make this shit up every other week' we have now. Its the choice between being beaten 10 times a day or 1 time a year. Sucks to get beaten, but I ain't gonna say 'Fuck it. My principles demand I take the full beating, no matter what or not at all'. I would imagine he is much like Lew Rockwell that, if given the choice, would return to The Articles of Confederation.
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »

So he's not dogmatic about a largely good, but flawed document? That's why you don't like him? Many of the 'founders' had reservations about the constitution. Henry, Jefferson, and others all very much disliked or distrusted it. Your OP is still nonsense to me. Link to the original material, please. I don't see opposition to the constitution itself or a compromise of principle anywhere in what you wrote.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »

It's always frustrating when people pay lip service to the Constitution, when in reality they are opposed to it.

You are aware that he's supporting the AMENDED version*, aren't you?  In addition to that, when you're running for office, it would be a little odd if you didn't pay homage to the RULES the government is supposed to be FOLLOWING.

* for that matter, I think he's even more principled, but considers constitutional government a minimal standard.  I'm sure he'd be for amending it in order to codify rights that are being ignored by government.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:54:35 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »

So he's not dogmatic about a largely good, but flawed document? That's why you don't like him? Many of the 'founders' had reservations about the constitution. Henry, Jefferson, and others all very much disliked or distrusted it. Your OP is still nonsense to me. Link to the original material, please. I don't see opposition to the constitution itself or a compromise of principle anywhere in what you wrote.

I've read it a half dozen times and I have no clue what (s)he (?) is talking about either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Something Ron Paul said in an interview with The Concord Monitor.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.