Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Some douchebag who feels bad about reselling books
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some douchebag who feels bad about reselling books  (Read 3688 times)

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Some douchebag who feels bad about reselling books
« on: October 08, 2010, 09:34:49 AM »

Link. I can't comprehend this guy's attitude. He feels bad that he makes money getting books from places they're not wanted to places they are? Really?
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
Re: Some douchebag who feels bad about reselling books
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 10:12:06 AM »

:roll:

What a fucking douchebag. Feeling guilty for actually, *gasp*, being an entrepreneur. Thus, in turn, its supposed to make the rest of us feel guilty if we do something similar to make money (such as trawling thrift stores and such to sell shit on Ebay).
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

Pizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »

I didn't quite understand. It was because people cherish books, that he feels bad about putting a pricetag on them? That's just stupid.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »

Isn't that what B.J does?

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 12:19:42 PM »

Farmers must also be terrible people. Growing all that food and then selling it to people, rather than giving it away....

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 12:45:38 PM »

Farmers must also be terrible people. Growing all that food and then selling it to people, rather than giving it away....

Not to mention that farmers get taxpayer funded subsidies to keep prices artificially low. A sort of welfare if you ask me.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 01:49:15 PM »

Well, I sold him a book once, and he used the scanner thing on it. So I'd guess so.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 02:00:01 PM »

Well, I sold him a book once, and he used the scanner thing on it. So I'd guess so.

Yeah, thats what he does. Sells random things online.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BonerJoe

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 02:07:19 PM »

Anyone can buy a scanner, not everyone has the knowledge to use one effectively. I also don't lie about what I do with them, but I don't give details like this jerk did. I think I will buy a book from him just to leave bad feedback, lol.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »

Anyone can buy a scanner, not everyone has the knowledge to use one effectively. I also don't lie about what I do with them, but I don't give details like this jerk did. I think I will buy a book from him just to leave bad feedback, lol.

Just curious, what was jerky about the details he gave? They seemed pretty basic to me.

BonerJoe

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »

Just curious, what was jerky about the details he gave? They seemed pretty basic to me.

It's giving away the "secrets" of my job to a national audience, which hinges on not a lot of people doing it. It's like antique dealers hating on the "Pickers" show. It's a jerk move. To me. A person that will be affected by this article.

davann

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 02:53:23 PM »

It's giving away the "secrets" of my job to a national audience, which hinges on not a lot of people doing it. It's like antique dealers hating on the "Pickers" show. It's a jerk move. To me. A person that will be affected by this article.

Yes, very much a jerk move. These things have to be gleaned from trial and error or being good friends with some one that is willing to share.

Although, I really like that show Pickers. Guess since I am not an antique dealer I never recognized the similarities of jerky moveness.

davann

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 03:56:14 PM »

After reading the article the guy is a douche but he didn't give away to many "secrets" that can not be found else where fairly easily.

BonerJoe

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 04:01:46 PM »

After reading the article the guy is a douche but he didn't give away to many "secrets" that can not be found else where fairly easily.

I understand that.

Announcing a new way to make money to a nation of unemployed people is a different thing than finding out on your own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Some douchebag who feels bad about reselling books

// ]]>

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 32 queries.