Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  So, in a society completely without government, what stops warlords?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: So, in a society completely without government, what stops warlords?  (Read 23521 times)

alaric89

Re: So, in a society completely without government, what stops warlords?
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »

You mean those pirates who were fought off with fire hoses? I didn't classify them as warlords but I guess they qualify. My point so far in this thread has been on warlords taking over territory from the citizens who claim its ownership. I ignorantly have no real fear of this sort of criminal I admit, though I am terrified of power happy enforcers of the state.
The Serbs were terrified of living in a Muslim state, that was their unifying agent.

Riddler

« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2009, 02:48:31 PM »

You mean those pirates who were fought off with fire hoses? I didn't classify them as warlords but I guess they qualify. My point so far in this thread has been on warlords taking over territory from the citizens who claim its ownership. I ignorantly have no real fear of this sort of criminal I admit, though I am terrified of power happy enforcers of the state.
The Serbs were terrified of living in a Muslim state, that was their unifying agent.

i particularly liked the pirates that got their brains turned into hash by navy seals...
that fucking rocked.
and, your ''classification'' process, vis-a-vis somalian warlord/pirates, is akin to my calling a tomato a ''toh-mah-toe''
don't be a douche about it.
niggas running around on land or floating around in the ocean w/ guns & no rules or laws = warlords
(i personally call 'em niggas runnin around w/ guns, but that's just me)

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »

So terrified they aggressed against them and committed mass gangrape on their women . . . in other words, acting exactly like warlords would.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

alaric89

« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »

i particularly liked the pirates that got their brains turned into hash by navy seals...
that fucking rocked.
and, your ''classification'' process, vis-a-vis somalian warlord/pirates, is akin to my calling a tomato a ''toh-mah-toe''
don't be a douche about it.
niggas running around on land or floating around in the ocean w/ guns & no rules or laws = warlords
(i personally call 'em niggas runnin around w/ guns, but that's just me)
Ah come on, you never dreamed of being a pirate- aaarg. I called them people with nothing to lose. I am sure the leadership they had wasn't really all that nice to them either. Cooler to die quickly in a fight then starve to death.
Anyway back on point. If the shipping boats could be armed, they wouldn't have to depend on Obama or Puten to "turn their brains to hash."
Without huge international navies, small power boats couldn't even start to take over a huge container ship.

Riddler

« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »

yeah, well ,the owners of the huge, combustible oil tankers get a wee skittish when you mention firearms + their boats...
it's kindof a ''no-no''
oh, hey, one got taken last week by somali warlords
pirates
niggas wif guns on a raft
you say ''toe-may-toe''
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:03:16 PM by Lord Humungus »

Riddler

« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »

I am sure the leadership they had wasn't really all that nice to them either. Cooler to die quickly in a fight then starve to death.

get a fucking job.
or, as the late, great sam kinison pointed out (when responding to the omnipresent whiners-about-the-plight-of-starving-africans)
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P0q4o58pKwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P0q4o58pKwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Riddler

« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2009, 04:20:50 PM »

i literally fell out of the computer chair just now watching that

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2009, 04:30:22 PM »

I am sure the leadership they had wasn't really all that nice to them either. Cooler to die quickly in a fight then starve to death.

get a fucking job.

there aren't any jobs in somalia.

this is because no one wants to invest there. because it's a very unstable region.

somaliland, however, has a functioning government and is more stable than most of the states in east africa.

Riddler

« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »

there aren't any jobs in somalia.

niggas could open a slushy cart.
evebody love a muthafuckin slushy when it hot...

alaric89

« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »

So terrified they aggressed against them and committed mass gangrape on their women . . . in other words, acting exactly like warlords would.
All true. Everything is swell now down there thanks to Bill Clinton.
 I like to think- that a people, who peacefully overthrew the state because it was obsolete, would not be inclined to victimize non aggressors. I also believe such a people would be good at defending themselves against whatever enemy whom might egress against them.
Warlords that exist in statist shitholes enjoy a passive enabling of the local populace.

alaric89

« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2009, 05:07:44 PM »

yeah, well ,the owners of the huge, combustible oil tankers get a wee skittish when you mention firearms + their boats...
it's kindof a ''no-no''
oh, hey, one got taken last week by somali warlords
pirates
niggas wif guns on a raft
you say ''toe-may-toe''
You know about non warships not having weapons, right?

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »

I like to think- that a people, who peacefully overthrew the state because it was obsolete, would not be inclined to victimize non aggressors. I also believe such a people would be good at defending themselves against whatever enemy whom might egress against them.
Warlords that exist in statist shitholes enjoy a passive enabling of the local populace.

You have a very romantic and idealized view of human nature.

You will be first against the wall when anarchy does happen.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2009, 12:15:22 AM »

Somalia is objectively better off without a government. If they had a government, if it was secular, or sharia law, either side would use it as a tool to reincite some ethnic cleansing.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

BonerJoe

« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2009, 08:33:32 AM »

I think it's funny that so many anarchists think that you shouldn't be able to retaliate when someone initiates force against you. I'm like, how the fuck are you people ever going to have a chance at starting a society? Obviously you're not, you just love to debate.

alaric89

« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2009, 06:05:51 PM »

You have a very romantic and idealized view of human nature.

You will be first against the wall when anarchy does happen.

Guilty. I have more faith in regular folks without power or motivation to get power then just a bunch of people trying to get by. Don't you know its just humans that run a government. I like minimum government BECAUSE I have little faith in human nature.

Anarchist wouldn't bother using a wall. Only statist do that. It's easier to defend yourself from some small sect than thugs that represent "all the people.".

Governments have put me against the wall a bunch of times so far so I'll take my chances.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  So, in a society completely without government, what stops warlords?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.