Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  So here's Hellbilly's opinions about race and racism. Again. For the slow ones.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: So here's Hellbilly's opinions about race and racism. Again. For the slow ones.  (Read 10451 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

The best offense is to keep your adversary on the defense at all times. On this BBS, I've been kept on the defensive end of this equation for years. It must be jolly fun for the guys who keep doing it, but I'm seeing it more as immature and simply lame. Over these years I've invited them to have a real discussion about this shit, and they won't. I think it'd be meaningless anyway as the most in-depth and valuable conversations I've ever had about race and racism were with people from other races. I'm a white guy just like the guys who keep the accusations flowing. I think the difference may be that I have no white guilt, tons of common sense, and I'm able to spread criticism (and praise) over any and all groups of people.

Keeping it very short so there is no confusion.

Race:
a : a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock

Some people say "race" is a social construct. I don't claim to know.

I don't think it matters as most people tend to be completely willing to self-identify with racial groups. Those options on health forms, job applications, etc. - most people use them. It's an important part of the census. It's used as leverage in political strategies. So if "race" doesn't exist, all the side effects of it's presumed existence do.

In the context of all the accusations about me: I don't give a shit about race, but I'm positively interested in societies and culture. Fixated? No, but it's a major source of interest and has been since I can remember. I find failures just as noteworthy as accomplishments and I'm not shy about discussing either.

Racism:
a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Come with me to any Wal Mart or restaurant with a buffet and I can show you why the idea of racial superiority is stupid. I consider culture to trump race. Example? How about Chinese culture and their success with math. They take a different approach to mathematics and they are diligent in studying. And yes, I am speaking collectively. It's appropriate.

The root of the accusations are that I don't like black people. This isn't so. Instead of saying what most white people say .."Why! Well.. I have friends that are black!!" - I won't. Not because I don't but because that doesn't mean shit. I have very few friends that are black. Or Vietnamese. Or Serbian. Or Maori. Or whatever. So really, what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

So, to finalize: How does Hellbilly feel about black folks? In general, I feel neutral. Exactly the same way I feel about whites. Or those Serbians that I mentioned above. I don't know "black folks". Unlike some, I don't fawn over them, I don't feel a need to protect them or defend them. I don't feel that way about whites either. Or the Vietnamese I mentioned above.

Am I supposed to feel a certain way about blacks? Apparently so the way things have here. Maybe someone can tell me what the "right" way to feel about blacks is.

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

JohnnyCarson

• View Profile

Is it acceptable to use the word "blacks" here?
Possible thin ice for you. :P

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile

Seriously, do I need to post EvoGen's videos here refuting this race realism crap?
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

Seriously, do I need to post EvoGen's videos here refuting this race realism crap?

Since I know nothing about them, I'd be obliged if ya did.

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

57 views on this topic.

1,000 accusations that I'm a racist.

1 posts on topic that's willing to share at least some info.

Sounds like most of the people here who are calling me out as a bigot, racist and whatnot would rather keep making accusations than take the opportunity to back up those claims. Meanwhile, those lurking on the sidelines go without the extra entertainment (and are probably too scared to make a comment that might back me up).

Fred

• View Profile

I'll back you up bud.  Your explanation makes sense to me.  This conflict is getting old.  We're cool....

Bill Brasky

57 views on this topic.

Sounds like most of the people here who are calling me out as a bigot, racist and whatnot would rather keep making accusations than take the opportunity to back up those claims. Meanwhile, those lurking on the sidelines go without the extra entertainment (and are probably too scared to make a comment that might back me up).

Do you dream of it?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

Do you dream of it?

My favorite game - Choose your favorite answer!

1. Neat. What movie is that from?

2. Oh yes Professor Brasky! Not dreams, but... nightmares because of this besmirching of my character!

3. Thanks for an example of how the issue keeps getting dragged out cause people would rather blather out accusations, or detract from the issue to switch the focus as opposed to talking about their concerns.

4. Open up a little, Butterfly.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

I'll back you up bud.  Your explanation makes sense to me.  This conflict is getting old.  We're cool....

Thanks Fred. Yes, really, really old.

And to JohnnyCarson too, I think.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile

57 views on this topic.

No problem, you'll find that the evogen videos actually do a damn good job summarizing the research misused justifying racism under the status of race realism from folks like HeyRuka, FringeElements (aka Ryan Faulk), Spawktalk, and etc. :3
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

Watching these now. I'm strictly a hobbyist compared with these people (which is a refreshing notion considering the current on goings here).

Evo has great rebuttals. Incomplete in some cases, or kinda sketchy, but good. The girl is a little.. pouty? girly? tentative? -which is annoying. Probably not the best at presenting an argument to match Evo's.

Thanks.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile

Here's an idea everyone:

http://youtu.be/kslHr7_9Zac

[youtube]kslHr7_9Zac[/youtube]
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

I see that and'll raise ya this:

Already Gone - The Eagles.wmv

--

Still watching the Evo vids. It's as bad as this place when Spawktalk pitches in to defend Ruka which prompts Evo to clarify... rinse, repeat.

Evo & Spawtalk are both intelligent.

Bill Brasky

Do you dream of it?

My favorite game - Choose your favorite answer!

1. Neat. What movie is that from?

2. Oh yes Professor Brasky! Not dreams, but... nightmares because of this besmirching of my character!

3. Thanks for an example of how the issue keeps getting dragged out cause people would rather blather out accusations, or detract from the issue to switch the focus as opposed to talking about their concerns.

4. Open up a little, Butterfly.

This obfuscation qualifies as a "yes". 

Next question:

Have you ever been physically harmed or directly intimidated by a "person of color".  This includes any and all non-whites, including Asians and Pacific Islanders.  Male or female.  And remember, rape is violence. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  So here's Hellbilly's opinions about race and racism. Again. For the slow ones.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.