Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Smelly Cat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Smelly Cat  (Read 14890 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Smelly Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 10:40:39 AM »

One thing that I've noticed is that a lot of men don't like cats...  the way I look at it, female cats usually behave like human women. 

I have never once torn up, shat on, or puked on someone's bed because I was angry at them.

davann

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 11:12:22 AM »

One thing that I've noticed is that a lot of men don't like cats...  the way I look at it, female cats usually behave like human women. 

I have never once torn up, shat on, or puked on someone's bed because I was angry at them.

You just haven't been mad enough yet. Get married and wait a few weeks.

Manuel_OKelly

• Objectivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 11:50:49 AM »

So you don't love your Girlfriend? Is that why you want her to suffer?

Riddler

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 12:23:11 PM »

No.  Its just an indication of the type of person they are.  If they are neglectful in one area then they will be neglectful in another. 

you are such a tool.
cats, regardless of how many times you bathe the fucking things, are nasty by nature..
they bring dead animals into the house;
they spray, shit & piss all over the fucking place. the OP has said as much...try to keep up.
it has nothing to do w/ neglect.
i shot & killed a neighbors cat for repeatedly spraying & pissing in my barn. (cat owners are also a tad arrogant; where dog owners must keep a tight rein on their dogs, cat people assume they should get a free pass w/ outdoor cats)

this doesn't mean i'm going to throw my kid out a 2nd story window, cuz it shit or pissed in the bed while not wearing a diaper.
for YOU to make such assumptions about such a scenario makes YOU the fucking DOUCHEBAG.

Icculi

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 01:17:59 PM »

As far as the litter box problem goes, I'm looking into getting one of these:  http://www.catgenie.com/.  A little expensive, yes, but think of it this way....  No more scooping, no more smell, no more litter!

One thing that I've noticed is that a lot of men don't like cats...  the way I look at it, female cats usually behave like human women.  Male cats seem to behave like that best friend from high school that came out of the closet... 

The cat genie looks pretty cool.  I got a litter robot http://www.litter-robot.com/  a couple of years ago, and it is so awesome!  It looks kinda goofy, but works so well.  Just have to make sure you get the clumping litter.

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »

You should have seen my last girlfriend.....
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 03:04:33 PM »

As far as the litter box problem goes, I'm looking into getting one of these:  http://www.catgenie.com/.  A little expensive, yes, but think of it this way....  No more scooping, no more smell, no more litter!

One thing that I've noticed is that a lot of men don't like cats...  the way I look at it, female cats usually behave like human women.  Male cats seem to behave like that best friend from high school that came out of the closet... 

The cat genie looks pretty cool.  I got a litter robot http://www.litter-robot.com/  a couple of years ago, and it is so awesome!  It looks kinda goofy, but works so well.  Just have to make sure you get the clumping litter.

Stay away from the litter maid....  it's the biggst piece of shit in the universe.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »

No.  Its just an indication of the type of person they are.  If they are neglectful in one area then they will be neglectful in another. 

you are such a tool.
cats, regardless of how many times you bathe the fucking things, are nasty by nature..
they bring dead animals into the house;
they spray, shit & piss all over the fucking place. the OP has said as much...try to keep up.
it has nothing to do w/ neglect.
i shot & killed a neighbors cat for repeatedly spraying & pissing in my barn. (cat owners are also a tad arrogant; where dog owners must keep a tight rein on their dogs, cat people assume they should get a free pass w/ outdoor cats)

this doesn't mean i'm going to throw my kid out a 2nd story window, cuz it shit or pissed in the bed while not wearing a diaper.
for YOU to make such assumptions about such a scenario makes YOU the fucking DOUCHEBAG.

LOL  That's why my cats are 100% indoor cats.  I've never had these problems with any of the cats that I've owned.  It's pretty crazy to have an outdoor cat if you ask me.

BonerJoe

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 03:18:56 PM »

Stay away from the litter maid....  it's the biggst piece of shit in the universe.

Haha, it's true.

$140 wasted.

Riddler

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 03:50:24 PM »

LOL  That's why my cats are 100% indoor cats.  I've never had these problems with any of the cats that I've owned.  It's pretty crazy to have an outdoor cat if you ask me.

see?
you're a wise man, balloonguy..
had my neighbor kept his cat(s) inside, it would still be alive.
not to mention the fact that the songbird population has been decimated over the last 20 years or so, by domesticated >outdoor<cats

Bill Brasky

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 11:35:30 PM »

The cat is not the problem.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 08:59:19 AM »

see?
you're a wise man, balloonguy..
had my neighbor kept his cat(s) inside, it would still be alive.
not to mention the fact that the songbird population has been decimated over the last 20 years or so, by domesticated >outdoor<cats

Songbirds are annoying.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 12:25:03 PM »

Print out advertisements for Cat Genie http://www.statelinetack.com/item/cat-genie-self-washing-self-flushing-litter-box/213500%20GEN/?srccode=SBIZRATE&mr:referralID=0173ec96-8823-11de-989b-000423bb4e79  then place them around the home.  Maybe the girlfriend will get the hint.  If you really like her you might even get the device for her.   

Also, find a vet with a grooming service and have them identify the smell.  If it is because the cat is spraying have them fixed.  You could suggest this to the girlfriend as well.   Again leave ads for vets around the home.  http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-spraying-urine.htm  I found this very helpful concerning spraying behavior one approach is to dope the cat which could be amusing on another level. 

Considering the cat is an emotional connection to a relative.  It might be better in the long run to at least attempt to cure the animal before you give up.   I am not as sentimental as some.  I had a dog who was old and had a serious skin disorder which the vet said he couldn't do much for the odor.  Also the animal was suffering from the irritation so I made the choice to have him put down. 

My husband's family dog was like 14 years old and smelled something horrible.  It most likely had cancer and there was no fixing the situation.  Everyone was shocked when I suggested that it might be best to have the animal put down.   I suppose this comes from the fact that I was raised on a farm and my Father supplemented our meat supply by fishing and hunting.  It kind of makes a person more pragmatic. 

conrad from spain

• Irrumator
  • odi et amo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »

Thanks for the comments. The cat genie would be perfect, but it's not available with European voltage. I emailed them and they confirmed it. It would solve the problem though.

Don't worry, I'm not going to kill the cat.. Even though I want to..

blackie

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 01:57:58 PM »

The cat genie would be perfect, but it's not available with European voltage. I emailed them and they confirmed it. It would solve the problem though.
Get a voltage converter.

http://www.voltageconverters.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VC200W

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Smelly Cat

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.