Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Sidereel.com
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sidereel.com  (Read 1330 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Sidereel.com
« on: January 23, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »

Anarchir: Heidi Klum breakup, is that what you really want to talk about Sidereel? Or perhaps you should bring up the recent attacks on the web sites that are your bread and butter. Stand up. You have a large audience, and it is for your own personal gain that you get involved.

SideReel: Hi Anarchir! Unfortunately we have no affiliation with the sites that are submitted to SideReel, so we can't speak for them or why they've removed their content. We continue to provide a place for users like you to submit places to watch available TV content online.

Anarchir:  Thanks for the generic response again. Gimme some backbone, stand up for yourself, be your own hero! I believe in you Sidereel Admin, you can do it.

SideReel: ‎...What?

Anarchir: Officially come out against all these actions and then help your users find sources that havent been attacked.

SideReel: Sorry for the confusion, but SideReel is actually in full compliance with the DMCA (and always has been) and we respond to all take-down requests. We have no plans to 'come out' against a site's decision to take down their content, as we are not affiliated with these third-party sites, and it isn't our intellectual property to protect. If it's still unclear, you can read more in our terms of service: http://www.sidereel.com/topic/copyright

I tried to get them to take a stand against the federal attacks on video upload sites after I had been explaining to some of the confused users of the site why they couldnt find any links to the videos they were looking for. Sidereel pretends like it isnt happening.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Damien Valley

• View Profile
Re: Sidereel.com
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »

I really like Sidereel.  I don't blame them for not getting involved.  They should really just keep their heads down.

There are laws that the government could use to go after them but it is a lot harder to go after a site that is just posting links instead of actually uploading TV shows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Sidereel.com

// ]]>

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 31 queries.