Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Show Yourselves Part 3
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 77   Go Down

Author Topic: Show Yourselves Part 3  (Read 305557 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Show Yourselves Part 3
« Reply #1065 on: February 06, 2009, 11:01:56 PM »

Sheeeeit, mine is going gray already.   :x

Right before I had it colored in the beginning of January my girlfriend and I found so many that I flipped and called the hair salon and left a crazed message.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Skooma

« Reply #1066 on: February 07, 2009, 12:44:21 AM »

Keely, you remind me of a couple girls I used to date. Your current avatar looks like my last (and sanest) and some of your other ones remind me of the one before that one (also from AZ). I hate that bitch so much.

Though if you're here you're probably cool.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 07, 2009, 01:16:44 AM »

I wear a fedora. No one ever compliments me on my style.

Pics or you don't own a fedora.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 07, 2009, 08:18:41 AM »

I wear a fedora. No one ever compliments me on my style.

Pics or you don't own a fedora.

In Soviet Russia...FEDORA OWNS YOU! 

* Krasavitsa dies
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

dmr235

« Reply #1069 on: February 07, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »

Finally started growing the beard in...

Cyro?! Is that you?

dmr235

« Reply #1070 on: February 07, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »

therealritasue

• Fnord is the color only blind people can see.
    • View Profile
    • My dA.
« Reply #1071 on: February 07, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »

cool.

Yah, I do all my own hair coloring. I refuse to pay over $30 for something so superficial, unless it’s a waxing...sometimes you just can't reach ya know what i mean?

I usually get all my shit at Sally's. The lady working told me to just wash at colder temps, stay out of the sun, and use a made for colored hair shampoo. Never works.

I'm so envious of natural bright redheads...or old ladies with gray hair. Those are the only two colors I've never been able to get my hair.

Thanks for the info  :)

Have you tried henna for the red? I tried it once, and got the most amazing color. Also, it's great for your hair.

Henna is too hard to get out for somebody who is going to lighten their hair again and change the color a lot anyway.  Which Keels will totally do. 

True. The process takes a long time, too. But if you want a really natural looking red color, it's the way to go.
Bubbe made a kishke, she made it big and fat, My Zaydeh took one look at it and said "I can't eat that!', Oh Bubbe, Bubbe, Bubbe, Oh Bubbe me oh myyyyyyyy..

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 07, 2009, 03:28:11 PM »

cool.

Yah, I do all my own hair coloring. I refuse to pay over $30 for something so superficial, unless it’s a waxing...sometimes you just can't reach ya know what i mean?

I usually get all my shit at Sally's. The lady working told me to just wash at colder temps, stay out of the sun, and use a made for colored hair shampoo. Never works.

I'm so envious of natural bright redheads...or old ladies with gray hair. Those are the only two colors I've never been able to get my hair.

Have you tried henna for the red? I tried it once, and got the most amazing color. Also, it's great for your hair.

Henna is too hard to get out for somebody who is going to lighten their hair again and change the color a lot anyway.  Which Keels will totally do. 

True. The process takes a long time, too. But if you want a really natural looking red color, it's the way to go.

I'd love to try it, because I find it difficult to maintain a really deep, vibrant shade of red for any longer than one wash.  It sucks! 
         -George W. Bush

therealritasue

• View Profile
    • My dA.
« Reply #1073 on: February 07, 2009, 03:36:24 PM »

cool.

I'd love to try it, because I find it difficult to maintain a really deep, vibrant shade of red for any longer than one wash.  It sucks! 

This is the site I got my info and henna from when I did it. It's also great because you can mix it with different things to tweak the shade. Again, it's a long process, but it looks SO fantastic and it'll do wonders for your hair. I got a buttload of compliments on it from people, who were really surprised to when I told them it wasn't my natural hair color.
Bubbe made a kishke, she made it big and fat, My Zaydeh took one look at it and said "I can't eat that!', Oh Bubbe, Bubbe, Bubbe, Oh Bubbe me oh myyyyyyyy..

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 07, 2009, 03:49:33 PM »

cool.

This is the site I got my info and henna from when I did it. It's also great because you can mix it with different things to tweak the shade. Again, it's a long process, but it looks SO fantastic and it'll do wonders for your hair. I got a buttload of compliments on it from people, who were really surprised to when I told them it wasn't my natural hair color.

That's really interesting.  Thanks for the link.  I like this one:  http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/kimperrault/

Sounds crazy complicated though.  I'm afraid I'd end up with something really wacky.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 07, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »

That's really interesting.  Thanks for the link.  I like this one:  http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/kimperrault/

Sounds crazy complicated though.  I'm afraid I'd end up with something really wacky.   :lol:

Holy crap! That is complicated. Two boxes, brewing, mixing, cooling... then having to leave the dye on for 3.5-8 hours?
The color's amazing, but that's ridiculous, at least with my schedule. I think I'll stick with my current method of coloring - sunshine.
Medium auburn fades to a ginger, then to strawberry blond.
-----
Now, I would like to do something like this with henna, especially for summer.
http://www.mehndimama.com/feet.html
or...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:20:18 PM by Laetitia »
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 07, 2009, 04:17:13 PM »

Holy crap! That is complicated. Two boxes, brewing, mixing, cooling... then having to leave the dye on for 3.5-8 hours?
The color's amazing, but that's ridiculous, at least with my schedule. I think I'll stick with my current method of coloring - sunshine.
Medium auburn fades to a ginger, then to strawberry blond.

Yeah, I'm thinking four hours at the salon every six or eight weeks is enough for me. 
         -George W. Bush

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 08, 2009, 07:01:28 AM »

Cyro?! Is that you?

Yarr.

Hey, whats going on man?!

Not much. Currently, recovering from an all night drinking session.

Erm, don't mean to sound rude, but, who the hell am I talking to?

The douchebag cop.  LCPLIC, or whatever. 

therealritasue

• View Profile
    • My dA.
« Reply #1078 on: February 08, 2009, 08:20:01 AM »

cool.

:lol: It sounds like a lot, but it's really pretty hard to mess up. Most of the process is just waiting. It's good if you have stuff to do around the house.

dmr235

« Reply #1079 on: February 08, 2009, 12:22:21 PM »

Cyro?! Is that you?

Yarr.

Hey, whats going on man?!

Not much. Currently, recovering from an all night drinking session.

Erm, don't mean to sound rude, but, who the hell am I talking to?

Oh, sorry bro, its LCPLIC.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 77   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Show Yourselves Part 3

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 33 queries.