Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Show Yourselves Part 3
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77   Go Down

Author Topic: Show Yourselves Part 3  (Read 305470 times)

Riddler

Re: Show Yourselves Part 3
« Reply #1050 on: February 05, 2009, 07:44:51 PM »

Finally started growing the beard in...

get back to us.
i hope you ain't the type that gets a splotchy, chemo-looking beard....some niggas caint grow face hair
my 2 bruthas is that way.
me, i  get 5 o'clock shadow at 11 a.m.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 06, 2009, 12:04:09 AM »

Here I am being weird again. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 06, 2009, 06:33:51 AM »

These are all in the past year and a half.

Blonde?

I vote for blonde  8)

that was taken in my hotel room on my trip to San Diego... You kinda HAVE to be blonde if you're going to Cali!

Damn, I miss the beach 
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 06, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »

A banquet for what, exactly?  That's my question.   :lol:

AMWAY, no doubt.

*Shudder*

No actually it was just a get-together for members of the church to which I belong, but it was held in a formal setting. We had stuffed steak and there was champagne. 10th anniversary of the ordination of one of our pastors (who is a woman. LOL we're such heretics)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:25:21 AM by MacFall »
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Alokman

« Reply #1054 on: February 06, 2009, 11:09:39 AM »

Was this post started by feds?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 06, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »

Was this post started by feds?

Uhm, no. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 06, 2009, 11:47:39 AM »

Lindsey, I had that same hair color for like 2 weeks! Red fades sooo fast on me...

I am assuming you colored it that color? Is it still that dark? I can never get mine to stay, even with the use of color shampoos, organic methods like beets/teas, and I've even tried red kool-aid *ashamed*

Any tips?  :)

I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 06, 2009, 12:11:58 PM »

Lindsey, I had that same hair color for like 2 weeks! Red fades sooo fast on me...

I am assuming you colored it that color? Is it still that dark? I can never get mine to stay, even with the use of color shampoos, organic methods like beets/teas, and I've even tried red kool-aid *ashamed*

Any tips?  :)

Red fades fast on everyone.  I think that picture was three weeks after I had it colored.  It looked a bit different when I first had it done, of course.  This was the day I had it colored. 

http://pics.livejournal.com/llbsb4ever/pic/0003sqfd

The base is a red violet, with a red additive.  Usually it fades back to brown on me, since my natural hair color is pretty dark.  I've been using a shampoo designed for red hair (Pantene, I think).  Usually I use the Matrix ones, but I haven't had the extra cash to spring for yet ANOTHER bottle of shampoo and conditioner.  Anyway, I've been mixing the Pantene with Biolage Colorcaretherapie.  Mostly because the smell of the Pantene gives me a headache, so usually the lovely scent of Biolage cancels it out.  I've also been using this John Frieda color glaze stuff I picked up in Wally World of all places while I was poking around looking for none other than maxi pads.  I think it's really helped to keep it as red as it has.  Of course now it's not really got that violet base to it, but it's all good.  I know it's gonna fade, the girl that colors my hair knows it's going to fade...there's not much we can do. 

The two brands of color my salon uses are Matrix and Vivitone.  I know we tested both, and I think we ended up using the Matrix red violet, and I think it's a level 6 or 7.  I'm thinking 6.  So it's moderately dark.  It ends up turning out darker on my hair because for some reason my hair is evil and refuses to lighten. 
         -George W. Bush

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 06, 2009, 12:20:04 PM »

cool.

Yah, I do all my own hair coloring. I refuse to pay over $30 for something so superficial, unless it’s a waxing...sometimes you just can't reach ya know what i mean?

I usually get all my shit at Sally's. The lady working told me to just wash at colder temps, stay out of the sun, and use a made for colored hair shampoo. Never works.

I'm so envious of natural bright redheads...or old ladies with gray hair. Those are the only two colors I've never been able to get my hair.

Thanks for the info  :)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 06, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »

Red fades fast on everyone.

I've never had any problems. ;)

Well it grows out of your head that way.  The rest of us have to fake it.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 06, 2009, 12:44:16 PM »

cool.

Yah, I do all my own hair coloring. I refuse to pay over $30 for something so superficial, unless it’s a waxing...sometimes you just can't reach ya know what i mean?

I usually get all my shit at Sally's. The lady working told me to just wash at colder temps, stay out of the sun, and use a made for colored hair shampoo. Never works.

I'm so envious of natural bright redheads...or old ladies with gray hair. Those are the only two colors I've never been able to get my hair.

Hmm...I hadn't heard the one where we should wash at colder temperatures.  I suppose it makes sense.  I never use anything but shampoo made for colored hair.  My usual picks are Biolage, Alterna Caviar, and Pureology.  I like the Pureology Hydrate Conditioner because it's minty and it makes my scalp feel nice and tingly.   :)
         -George W. Bush

Shadowtheweak

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 06, 2009, 05:15:50 PM »

This was my attempt at blue-black hair.  The blue faded after a week and you can barely tell it's there, but it looked spiffy.

therealritasue

• Fnord is the color only blind people can see.
    • View Profile
    • My dA.
« Reply #1062 on: February 06, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »

cool.

Have you tried henna for the red? I tried it once, and got the most amazing color. Also, it's great for your hair.
Bubbe made a kishke, she made it big and fat, My Zaydeh took one look at it and said "I can't eat that!', Oh Bubbe, Bubbe, Bubbe, Oh Bubbe me oh myyyyyyyy..

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 06, 2009, 09:38:21 PM »

cool.

Have you tried henna for the red? I tried it once, and got the most amazing color. Also, it's great for your hair.

Henna is too hard to get out for somebody who is going to lighten their hair again and change the color a lot anyway.  Which Keels will totally do. 
         -George W. Bush

Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 06, 2009, 10:33:38 PM »

Try raising 3 teenage daughters - it sure turned my wife's hair gray naturally.

Of course, being married to me couldn't be a factor.
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' 

~ Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Show Yourselves Part 3

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.