Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Show Yourselves Part 3
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77   Go Down

Author Topic: Show Yourselves Part 3  (Read 305462 times)

Russell Griswold

Re: Show Yourselves Part 3
« Reply #765 on: November 28, 2008, 12:34:16 AM »

They're not that bad.

oh man, why?

you probably like sweetbreads too, don't you?

I have an appetite of a bear.

mike the godless heathen

• your friendly neighborhood atheist
  • life, meh
    • View Profile
    • Blog and what not.
« Reply #766 on: November 28, 2008, 12:35:48 AM »

well, bears do eat the innards of the animals they kill, so that would be a yes.
Snake Plissken: Got a smoke?
Malloy: The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol, no women - unless you're married - no foul language, no red meat!
Snake Plissken: Land of the free.
Facebook
Twitter

bakerbaker

« Reply #767 on: November 28, 2008, 12:36:24 AM »

nein, i mean the sweetbreads:

from everyones favorite house of lies, wikipedia:

Sweetbreads are the thymus glands of lamb, beef, or pork. There are two different connected glands; one set in the neck and the other near the heart.[1] Although both are edible, the heart thymus gland is generally favored because of its delicate flavor and texture, and is thus more expensive[2]. Typically sweetbreads are soaked in salt water, then poached in milk after which an outer membrane is removed. Once dry and chilled, they're often breaded and fried until crisp. It is also popular to use them as a stuffing or in pâtés.

There is a lot of debate about whether or not the pancreas can be considered sweetbreads. Even though French Master Chef Phillip Boulot says no, there are numerous resources that say yes, such as Larousse Gastronomique, the French encyclopedia of gastronomy.

The etymology of the word "sweetbread" is thought to be of Old English origin. "Sweet" is probably used since the thymus and pancreas are sweet and rich tasting, as opposed to savory tasting muscle flesh.[3] In Old English, sweet was written "swete" or "sweete."[4] "Bread" probably comes from the Old English word "bræd," meaning "flesh."[5]

shit.  that's misleading

bakerbaker

« Reply #768 on: November 28, 2008, 12:37:16 AM »

Nobody makes pies anymore.

apparently, yes they do.

bakerbaker

« Reply #769 on: December 01, 2008, 06:30:35 PM »

bumpskies

bakerbaker

« Reply #770 on: December 01, 2008, 06:40:16 PM »

This print is supposed to be a self portrait.

edit:  oops.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #771 on: December 01, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »

Are those crows?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 01, 2008, 07:10:05 PM »

Even I don't use myself as the wallpaper on my phone.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

bakerbaker

« Reply #773 on: December 01, 2008, 07:13:24 PM »

Are those crows?

a flock of them.

"my name is legion, for we are many"
(i wasn't in the greatest mood that week.   I honestly think its a pretty ugly print,
but it works.

bakerbaker

« Reply #774 on: December 01, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »

Even I don't use myself as the wallpaper on my phone.   :lol:

i like to experiment when i get drunk.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 01, 2008, 07:17:03 PM »

Even I don't use myself as the wallpaper on my phone.   :lol:

i like to experiment when i get drunk.

Perhaps I should try it...
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #776 on: December 01, 2008, 07:17:41 PM »

Are those crows?

a flock of them.

(i wasn't in the greatest mood that week.   I honestly think its a pretty ugly print,
but it works.

Were those done by carving on a rubber slab and then inking it and stamping it on paper?

bakerbaker

« Reply #777 on: December 01, 2008, 07:19:47 PM »

Are those crows?

a flock of them.

but it works.

Were those done by carving on a rubber slab and then inking it and stamping it on paper?

hell yeah.  our first relief print project...although it wasn't rubber.  it was 9" x 12" piece of plastic called cintra.  'cept instead of stamping, we just rolled it under a press table.
i gotta start working on another design to cut out a piece of cedar.  i'm thinking about using the shape of the state of wisconsin...not sure exactly where i might go w/ that.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #778 on: December 01, 2008, 07:30:54 PM »

Are those crows?

a flock of them.

but it works.

hell yeah.  our first relief print project...although it wasn't rubber.  it was 9" x 12" piece of plastic called cintra.  'cept instead of stamping, we just rolled it under a press table.
i gotta start working on another design to cut out a piece of cedar.  i'm thinking about using the shape of the state of wisconsin...not sure exactly where i might go w/ that.

Oh, ok. That sounds more fancy. I remember back in high school, I carved up a big ass eraser with images of camels in a desert and cut open ink from some free pen and just smeared that shit all over the place. It did do some stamping...  :lol:

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 01, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »

Are those crows?

a flock of them.

but it works.

Oh, ok. That sounds more fancy. I remember back in high school, I carved up a big ass eraser with images of camels in a desert and cut open ink from some free pen and just smeared that shit all over the place. It did do some stamping...  :lol:

Hmm...sounds like you were a troublemaker.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 77   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Show Yourselves Part 3

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 32 queries.