Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Poll

Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Yes
- 82 (57.3%)
No
- 61 (42.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?  (Read 52515 times)

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
Re: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2005, 03:50:03 AM »

That is the image you project especially with your base language and automatic assumptions that everything the government funds is a big lie.  I am not so naive as to not question everything reguardless of the source government or otherwise.  I blame too many Xfiles marthons for your lack of a firm footing in reality.

As far as I remember you are the one that started labeling people.  Freak ring any bells???
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:57:23 AM by libertylover »

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2005, 03:52:25 AM »

Sorry, but that is the image you project especially with your base language and automatic assumptions that everything the government funds is a big lie. I am not so naive as to not question everything reguardless of the source government or otherwise. I blame too many Xfiles marthons for your lack of a firm footing in reality.

As far as I remember you are the one that started labeling people. Freak ring any bells???
I am an asshole by nature.  Some call me crazy.  But that does not make me wrong.

Apology accepted.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2005, 04:00:34 AM »

Hey at least you have a firm grasp on your true nature.  And that wasn't an apology as much an observation.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2005, 06:17:11 AM »

I blame Manwich.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2005, 10:01:42 AM »

Well, the vote has swung to the negative side, and I have removed Bridget from the Shrine.  Great controversey, guys!

Thanks to Bridget for being a great sport.  Any future TG submissions will have to be sent in as though you actually are a woman, as if Bridget had done that, no one would have thought otherwise, not even Manwich.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

sheridan

« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2005, 01:08:48 PM »

How am I not a female? I stated the brain sex issue. I think you should read the data again. Science is yielding a conclusion in favor of me.

-- Bridget

As I said earlier in this thread.  You answered this in your rebuttal.  Here are YOUR OWN WORDS:

Quote from: ladyattis
Second, womanhood isn't the same as being female. Being female or male is a standard for human reproduction, but being a woman or a man has no biological bearing.

and

Quote from: ladyattis
The solution to what I am is that I am a woman, but I happen to be male.

sheridan

« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2005, 01:17:23 PM »

I'm sad to see that this is so close!  Come on we're supposed to be live-and-let-live LIBERTARIANS!!
And you guys are getting way too technical ie
--What chromosomes do you have?
--Do you have a penis?
--Do you have breasts?
--Do you like other men?

Look, if I see someone walking down the street in a dress and makeup and looks outwardly like a female, then they are treated as a female.  I don't stop and inspect their private parts or interrogate them.  If Bridget appears to be a female, then she fits in on the shrine of other female listeners.  If he were to stick out from all the others, then he wouldn't belong. 

This is not a live-and-let-live issue.  No one here is saying that she can't call herself female, or woman, or SIMBA THE DEATHBUNNY for that matter.  If someone was restricting her rights in that manner it would be a live-and-let-live matter and I think almost everyone here would back her up.

This, however, is an issue of whether or not FTL should include her photo in the Shrine of Female Listeners.  Frankly, FTL is Ian's business and he has the right to include or exclude her.  In fact, he has the right to include or exclude anyone... even if they are unarguably female.  Ian has made a decision, and that decision is to put it to a vote.  This is a vote about his business practices, not Bridget's rights, and therefore it is most certainly not a live-and-let-live issue.

Brian Wolf

« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2005, 06:00:15 PM »

I didn't vote. But here are my thoughts.
"Bridget" isn't a female.
I thought that the point of the "Shrine" was to promote the fact that FTL has female listeners to potential radio stations, because (apparently) talk radio has few female listeners.
I don't think that a radio station manager would be all that impressed with the "Shrine of gender abigious peoples" as he would the shrine of female listeners.
So why didn't I vote?
I really don't care.
I don't usually look at the shrine unless I am involved in a discussion with a shriner, then I go just because I am curious as to what they look like.
I would be just as satisfied with a "Shrine of Listeners" as with a "Shrine of Female Listeners" just so I could satisfy my curiosioty as to what these people look like, so this is really a non-issue for me.
But, if you do let "Bridget" stay, I think its only fair that you let yamguy in too, after all, he asked first.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:04:28 PM by Brian Wolf »

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2005, 06:17:12 PM »

Never advocated it as a rights issue.  Always said it was a preference and business issue.   You quoted someone else and tried to imply it was my point as well. 

All of this has been based on opinion nothing more or less.  With arguments attempted to sway opinion. Outside of the live and let live implied rights portion of the spicynujac quote the rest of his argument is valid.  In that you treat people in the way that you preceive them.  I don't think most people inspect a person's genitalia before they decide how they will act around that person.  (Yes, I know the smartass brigade is going to chime in.)

My argument that when you won't accept someone who is open about who they are.  You are more likely to get fraud in the future.   A point that seems to have left skid marks across the tops of most posters heads.  Also pointed out that the controversy and curiousty factor actually helped to the boost the show.     These are my opinions and reflect how I voted nothing more.  The last point being a valid reason to bring back Womanwich.

bonerjoe

« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

Sooooooooooooooo fuckable.

Grey

• VP - Vandeleigh Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2005, 08:56:33 PM »

Can you directly touch or pick up a thought? uh, no.

Great logic genius, so atoms are intangible too then, ey?

:roll:  you must just be going facetious on me, b/c that is one of the most assinine things I've read in awhile.
...listen you fool, Atoms are TANGIBLE b/c their properties can be gauged using physical means.  NOT the case w/ a thought.

seriously people, if you can't even get the most basic principles and facts of science down - then don't even bother.

Are there atoms of color? No, but it's tangible as are thoughts in the same matter. A structural coefficient of a system, ergo their physical existence. You have been pwned YET AGAIN. Study some Objectivist Epistomology and then come back.

-- Bridget

objectivist epistomology
?!? hahah how about you study a gr. six SCIENCE BOOK!?!??

The fact that atoms have no colour have NO BEARING on the fact that they're real!! Get it straight.  You can measure an atom's properties in the real world using physical means.  THAT is what make them tangible and real.  That is NOT the case w/ thoughts.

My good God, you are just dying to hold onto anything to somehow justify your miscontrued and completely false perception of what is real.

You know, I could respect your notion that you think your female, but when can't even agree w/ basic, fundamental science, you just look foolish.
You get what you give. So, give.

ladyattis

« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2005, 09:40:47 PM »

You didn't get it did you, moron? Color is a measurable attribute of matter. And when I said ATOMS of COLOR, I'm making the abstract statement that all real things are made of matter. What the problem with your argument is that whatever isn't made of matter 1-to-1 you regard it as non-existent, yet such non-material objects exist all around you. Color, sound waves, life, etc. All these things are on a scale different from atoms and matter. Your assertion by stating thoughts are not objective is like saying color is not objective on the basis of immateriality. Now, you have to prove the subjectivity of COLOR, because it's not subject, moron.

And that is why I stated Objectivist Epistomology, but it seems you cannot accept the reality that attributes themselves do not have to be atomic[made of matter directly]. I want you to prove that concepts, morality, self-ownership, and etc are not real. Realness is not based on mere concreteness, it's based on measurability through both reason and perception. Yet you forget this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easily.

In the end, you lose, Grey, you lose big time.

-- Bridget
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 09:43:22 PM by ladyattis »

bonerjoe

« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2005, 09:44:43 PM »

>1 paragraph.

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2005, 04:07:13 AM »

You are a guy who thinks he is a woman.
You didn't get it did you, moron?
Why do you believe you are a woman?
Color is a measurable attribute of matter.
Oh, I see. :roll: so, are you for real or just joking?
I'm making the abstract statement that all real things are made of matter.
Ah, yes.  Matter.  So, the fact that you have a penis is besides the point?  Not material, I suppose?
All these things are on a scale different from atoms and matter.
So, make up your mind.  Your penis isn't made of matter, but your decision to be a woman is?
Now, you have to prove the subjectivity of COLOR, because it's not subject, moron.
So if you were black, you would also be white? :lol:  Not important, I guess?
And that is why I stated Objectivist Epistomology,
Uh....ok. :roll:
I want you to prove that concepts, morality, self-ownership, and etc are not real.
So what is real?  Is the sun real?  I suppose it's not made of real "matter"....
Realness is not based on mere concreteness,
I guess it means whatever you say it means.  Otherwise, nobody will ever get you to shut your HUGE PIEHOLE.

bonerjoe

« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2005, 01:12:13 PM »

I think you're just jealous that s/he has a bigger dick then you.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 38 queries.