Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Poll

Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Yes
- 82 (57.3%)
No
- 61 (42.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?  (Read 52534 times)

Wayne

• View Profile
Re: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2005, 07:42:07 PM »

First off, why even bother with the picture? If this is all about principle, should it really matter how feminine Bridget looks? Do we start excluding validated Shriner-wannabes because they aren't pretty enough?

Second, it's called the shrine of FEMALE listeners. Now, perhaps by calling it that, Ian meant for it to be inclusive enough for folks like Bridget. However, I think it's fairly obvious that the commonly accepted meaning of FEMALE means, in general, just what Manwich said: two X chromosomes.

I also think that it's obvious that it DOESN'T mean men (especially those who are genetically and physiologically male) who dress and act like women.

Bluntly, by allowing Bridget in, you change the Shrine to something else. The title "Shrine of Female Listeners" is no longer accurate in the minds of most of the viewers. Basically, it's now a lie.

(Please save the "but femininity really means..." arguments. While Bridget is free to feel, believe, and act as he chooses, no amount of hormone implants or surgery can make him female. Can he live as a female? Yes. And he can go right on ahead with that. Can he actually, physically ever BE a female? Only if you're delusional--or have a transmogrifier--or just can't grasp the basic concept of male and female as accepted by the vast majority of societies. Truth doesn't bend, folks. If he has one X and one Y, he's a man. Period.)

-Wayne

"Buy low, sell high." Are YOU stocking up on silver yet?

Grey

• VP - Vandeleigh Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 07, 2005, 07:49:14 PM »

Can you directly touch or pick up a thought? uh, no.

Great logic genius, so atoms are intangible too then, ey?

:roll:  you must just be going facetious on me, b/c that is one of the most assinine things I've read in awhile.
...listen you fool, Atoms are TANGIBLE b/c their properties can be gauged using physical means.  NOT the case w/ a thought.

seriously people, if you can't even get the most basic principles and facts of science down - then don't even bother.

You get what you give. So, give.

ladyattis

« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2005, 12:52:45 AM »

Can you directly touch or pick up a thought? uh, no.

Great logic genius, so atoms are intangible too then, ey?

:roll:  you must just be going facetious on me, b/c that is one of the most assinine things I've read in awhile.
...listen you fool, Atoms are TANGIBLE b/c their properties can be gauged using physical means.  NOT the case w/ a thought.

seriously people, if you can't even get the most basic principles and facts of science down - then don't even bother.

Are there atoms of color? No, but it's tangible as are thoughts in the same matter. A structural coefficient of a system, ergo their physical existence. You have been pwned YET AGAIN. Study some Objectivist Epistomology and then come back.

-- Bridget

Lupus

« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2005, 12:59:30 AM »

While Bridget is cool, Bridget is not female. I voted no.

ladyattis

« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2005, 01:01:21 AM »

How am I not a female? I stated the brain sex issue. I think you should read the data again. Science is yielding a conclusion in favor of me.

-- Bridget

bonerjoe

« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2005, 02:10:38 AM »

Then cut your dick off?!

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2005, 02:28:43 AM »

I'm sad to see that this is so close!  Come on we're supposed to be live-and-let-live LIBERTARIANS!!
And you guys are getting way too technical ie
--What chromosomes do you have?
--Do you have a penis?
--Do you have breasts?
--Do you like other men?

Look, if I see someone walking down the street in a dress and makeup and looks outwardly like a female, then they are treated as a female.  I don't stop and inspect their private parts or interrogate them.  If Bridget appears to be a female, then she fits in on the shrine of other female listeners.  If he were to stick out from all the others, then he wouldn't belong. 

ladyattis

« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2005, 02:30:25 AM »

I'm sad to see that this is so close!  Come on we're supposed to be live-and-let-live LIBERTARIANS!!
And you guys are getting way too technical ie
--What chromosomes do you have?
--Do you have a penis?
--Do you have breasts?
--Do you like other men?

Look, if I see someone walking down the street in a dress and makeup and looks outwardly like a female, then they are treated as a female.  I don't stop and inspect their private parts or interrogate them.  If Bridget appears to be a female, then she fits in on the shrine of other female listeners.  If he were to stick out from all the others, then he wouldn't belong. 

I'm sorry if I get very mean at times too in this thread and the other thread about this issue. I just got a really hot head on this issue. o_O

-- Bridget

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2005, 02:45:31 AM »

Because you asked for it here is a link of a scientific study of human brain sex determination.
http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/501420/

I will restate this in an easier to read version.

Should Bridget Stay on the Shrine?    It is a preference question not a question based on what you think of her personal lifestyle choice.  It is not a scientific question on the merits of her individual case.  It is not a question of how someone might be a fraud in the future and how that will make you angry.  This isn't a health club bathroom it is just a picture on the web. 

In fact if you succeed in disallowing her to express herself openly as a tranny.  You will be making an environment where fraud is more likely to occure.  If trannys are so upsetting to you. One would think that you would want to know up front who is and who isn't one right away.  Because alot of trannys can pass unless they told you the difference.

And just because something might be PC doesn't automatically make it a bad thing.  Medical Marijuana is PC but not a bad thing.  You have to look at an issue a little deeper than just dismissing it as PC.

Another link to gender and gender identification in a medical essay.  They are in the Tampa area maybe a guess spot potential down the road?  http://hermaphrodite.arriba.net/multi.htm

Those studies were done by UCLA, and none of the findings were absolute, only hypothetical.  Additionally, two thirds of all UCLA funding comes from the Federal Government: http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:cPzVMMceND8J:viterbi.usc.edu/assets/022/12932.pdf+%22UCLA+funding%22&hl=en&client=firefox-a

You are being lied to.

ladyattis

« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2005, 02:53:25 AM »

And so does all the research at CERN and other firms on unrelated sciences. You just want to say it's a lie because YOU want to, it fits your worldview quite nicely.

The fact remains the post-mortem inspections have a p factor of .05, which is the minimally requirement to even get published. Whether you want to admit it or not, there is no vast conspiracy. There are no Illuminati. There is no 'Black' Lodge controlling everything.

Next, you'll say intersexed conditions are some sort of demonic or magick issue rather than simple genetics.

Brokor, please realize that your assertions are not based in science, they are based in psychological want to seek for an enemy and to call those who may be your ally as an enemy as well.

-- Bridget

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2005, 02:58:17 AM »

Actually, you cannot deny that there was a man named Adam Weishaupt.  He just so happens to be the founder of illuminated freemasonry.  You cannot deny history, you transexual mentally ill despot.

And whomever controls the MONEY, controls everything.  THIS is why I look at the funding.  Your entire delusion is manufactured to control you.  I am the alarm clock.  Go on and keep hitting the snooze button.

I DON'T CARE.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2005, 03:06:27 AM »

Brokor

Most scientific research in the United States has funding from the government.  You would be hard pressed to find any medical research on any subject by accredited sources that didn't have a grant or two from some governing body.  And the two sighted sources (of which you only targeted the UCLA one) are not valid just because you say so.  However, the numerous conspiracy theories web sites are some how more valid because someone cooked them up in their basements, without any government funding?

Still you ignore the real issue concerning the topic.  And dive down into a non relevant debate as I have pointed out several times prior.  It is so sad that you live with so much hate, fear and intolerance.

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2005, 03:15:12 AM »

Quote from: libertylover
  Most scientific research in the United States has funding from the government.
True.  Does this then make said research true?  Does the majority of what happens automatically set the precedence of truth?

You are being lied to.  Wake up.  And STOP ASSUMING THAT I HATE PEOPLE.  I hate nobody, you fucking shitbag.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2005, 03:27:34 AM »

You need to wake up because basement conspiracy theorists aren't any more truthful  or untruthful than government scientific studies.  I didn't say that just because they have some government funding that was proof of their truthfulness.  But by the same token you can't automatically lable it a lie just because of their funding either.

And still you ignore the real issue.  If you live with so much hate, fear and intolorance.  Wouldn't you prefer there to be no fraud on the shrine?  Because trannys can pass and often do.  If you send them underground you create the likelyhood of fraud. 

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2005, 03:39:39 AM »

Libertylover:  STOP making accusations.  I have no HATE, I certainly do not FEAR a homosexual, and I have no intolerance for intelligent people.  Now, read carefully: http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=2751.0 And kindly shut the fuck up.

I am not a "basement conspiracy theorist", and I would like you to stop assuming these things.  You had better pay attention to the facts instead of making blanket accusations and labelling people as something they are not.  Now, I told you that government is FUNDING your reality, and until you prove otherwise, you can take a flying sugary frosted FUCK off the end of my penis.

And lighten up.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 38 queries.