Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Poll

Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Yes
- 82 (57.3%)
No
- 61 (42.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?  (Read 52682 times)

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
Re: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2005, 03:30:27 AM »

the Shrine is to harbour, physically real, 100% genuine women.
Really? I thought it was just to show that women(And Bridget is a woman, wether you admit it or not) listened to the show?
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Grey

• VP - Vandeleigh Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2005, 03:31:51 AM »

the Shrine is to harbour, physically real, 100% genuine women.
Really? I thought it was just to show that women(And Bridget is a woman, wether you admit it or not) listened to the show?

Is he now?

...and round and round and rooound we go.....
You get what you give. So, give.

bonerjoe

« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2005, 03:32:00 AM »

Then I'll fly you both over here, rent you two a room, and you can fuck "her" if s/he's a woman. No charge, but I get to sit in the corner and watch whilst smoking a cigar.

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2005, 03:33:07 AM »

Fuck that, I want to be the one smoking the cigar. 

Don't worry, BJ -I can pimp you out to some wonderful Latino men that frequent the nightclub. :lol:

bonerjoe

« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2005, 03:34:46 AM »

I don't do Puerto Rican. Their cocks are too huge.

Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2005, 03:35:17 AM »

Then I'll fly you both over here, rent you two a room, and you can fuck "her" if s/he's a woman. No charge, but I get to sit in the corner and watch whilst smoking a cigar.

no deal.

bonerjoe

« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2005, 03:38:42 AM »

Not you, finger boy.

Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2005, 03:39:53 AM »

you're one of them. stay back.

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2005, 04:01:13 AM »

Always be prepared to deal out punishment to the consumer zombies and buttbandits.  Eh...and vampires.

bonerjoe

« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2005, 04:03:13 AM »

Mmm.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2005, 04:50:55 AM »

"Is that supposed to be tactical?!"

8)
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2005, 09:55:23 AM »

All of this reminds me that EclecticBuddha wanted to dress up as a woman and be on the shrine, and nobody wanted him on it...
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

ladyattis

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2005, 10:12:04 AM »

Oh, btw, Grey you keep using statistics terms as moral terms.

First, state how being yourself is immoral? This isn't a trick question of saying being a murderer, rapist, filanderer and such is okay, but rather what is the moral issue of being, considering being isn't doing....

Second, you just want to call transgendered people 'fugly' because you probably NEVER met a transsexual or transgendered until ME. So please stop with the bullshit.

Also, equivocating Dana with Hitler is like equivocating Rush with the author of the Turner Diaries, so stop being obsurd and follow the logic of the argument.

The argument still stands, wo/man and fe/male are not the same, you lost. Now eat your humble pie, Jeebus sucker.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Silly Christians, Moral Absolutism doesn't work in the real world....

-- Bridget

Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2005, 11:57:44 AM »

Oh, btw, Grey you keep using statistics terms as moral terms.

First, state how being yourself is immoral? This isn't a trick question of saying being a murderer, rapist, filanderer and such is okay, but rather what is the moral issue of being, considering being isn't doing....

seriously, what did you say?? you make no sense. "first state how being immoral is yourself"?!!
Actually, I'm not sure I even want that clarified - b/c from past experience, whenever someone debates w/ you - you end up childish-ly name-calling and such....  it'd be pointless and exhausting.

Second, you just want to call transgendered people 'fugly' because you probably NEVER met a transsexual or transgendered until ME. So please stop with the bullshit.
That picture you posted of that mangirl was indeed fugly.  I mean, when they actually try and look attractive by attempting to be seductive or whatever - it just looks pathetic and yes, ugly.  It's like if a really fat girl tries to slip into a thong or bikini... look how you must, but dear God, (saying this to any really overweigh woman): stop living in denial, you are not a 115 lb women.  Likewise, transgenders are just transvestites...
you aren't going to attract straight men.  Well that's just it I suppose, they're going after gay ones..... enjoy....

Also, equivocating Dana with Hitler is like equivocating Rush with the author of the Turner Diaries, so stop being obsurd and follow the logic of the argument.

you missed the point - that just b/c someone is convinced w/ what you're doing is right or just - doesn't make it so...

The argument still stands, wo/man and fe/male are not the same, you lost. Now eat your humble pie, Jeebus sucker.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Silly Christians, Moral Absolutism doesn't work in the real world....

-- Bridget

*ding ding ding*... you hit it right on the head! thank you!! :D 
that's exactly why we have all this pain and suffering in the world - everyone doesn't follow moral absolutism...

There is a natural law, and when not followed, you get chaos.

when you're a subject moralist - it's easy to justify the genocide of any one group - b/c well, "it's for the greater good"... or they're "less human"... or whatever....

hmmm maybe I should try this subjective moralism... "gee, I think I don't like people that are different than me.  they don't look normal, so I'm going to punch them all in the face".... yeah... sure... that works for me... I mean, morals are subjective, right?

That's exactly the fallacy and problem you run into when you have such a distorted world view.

ladyattis

« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2005, 01:09:58 PM »

That picture you posted of that mangirl was indeed fugly.  I mean, when they actually try and look attractive by attempting to be seductive or whatever - it just looks pathetic and yes, ugly.  It's like if a really fat girl tries to slip into a thong or bikini... look how you must, but dear God, (saying this to any really overweigh woman): stop living in denial, you are not a 115 lb women.  Likewise, transgenders are just transvestites...
you aren't going to attract straight men.  Well that's just it I suppose, they're going after gay ones..... enjoy....
Sorry, babe, but men can't tell until they're told. So, not only are you being a jerk, you're really bad at it too.

*ding ding ding*... you hit it right on the head! thank you!! :D 
that's exactly why we have all this pain and suffering in the world - everyone doesn't follow moral absolutism...
Nope, it's due to people believing there is moral absolutism, look at how each side of a war has hallucinations of angels fighting the demons of their 'enemy' and also how everyone from the Germany Army to George W Bush say God is on their side[For the germans they put it on their belt buckles Gott Min Uns]. Moral absolutism leads to statism, which leads to tyranny. Where as moral objectivism[the objectivication of personal values as virtues and consequences] leads to critical thinking, self-ownership, and liberty.

There is a natural law, and when not followed, you get chaos.
No, you get chaos when you impose moral absolutism. Also, natural law is not evident. Non-human animals do not behave morally as they do not have rational faculties. Non-human animals have instincts and thusly are excluded from the assertion of so-called natural law, which is an excuse to evade reason, individualism, and liberty.

when you're a subject moralist - it's easy to justify the genocide of any one group - b/c well, "it's for the greater good"... or they're "less human"... or whatever....
Sorry, I'm an objectivist when it comes to morals. There are rights and wrongs, but are soley appended to the situation. Greater Good infers an absolute morality, and has been the warcry of many a Christian in causes against liberty. Rights and wrongs come from one's values, the consequences of those values, and the success/failure dichotomy that results. I suggest you read the virtue of selfishness by Ayn Rand, it might straighten out your head.

hmmm maybe I should try this subjective moralism... "gee, I think I don't like people that are different than me.  they don't look normal, so I'm going to punch them all in the face".... yeah... sure... that works for me... I mean, morals are subjective, right?
Nope, I never stated morals were subjective. You state that morals are subjective.

Also, I don't have a distorted worldview. It's based on Nature in that all existents are part of it. I suggest you look up Mises' work on Praxeology, Rand's Objectivist Morality, and Locke's view of human 'perfectibility.'

-- Bridget
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.