Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Poll

Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Yes
- 82 (57.3%)
No
- 61 (42.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?  (Read 52504 times)

bonerjoe

Re: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2005, 06:45:09 PM »

No.

Grey

• VP - Vandeleigh Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2005, 12:22:51 AM »

"trans·sex·u·al   Audio pronunciation of "transsexual" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (trns-sksh-l)
n.

1. One who wishes to be considered by society as a member of the opposite sex"

yes... so there you have it, he wants to be seen as a women...

much like some elvis impersonators want to be seen as elvis.

put up an alternative shrine...

it's pathetic that FTL is being politically correct and bending over backwards for some confused individual.
You get what you give. So, give.

TheOmni

« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2005, 01:45:55 AM »

"trans·sex·u·al   Audio pronunciation of "transsexual" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (trns-sksh-l)
n.

1. One who wishes to be considered by society as a member of the opposite sex"

yes... so there you have it, he wants to be seen as a women...

much like some elvis impersonators want to be seen as elvis.

put up an alternative shrine...

it's pathetic that FTL is being politically correct and bending over backwards for some confused individual.

It's nothing like the Elvis impersonators and you should know that.  She is a woman, and as such she simply wants to be seen that way. 

And I certainly don't see this as being "politically correct."  I doubt that is Ian's motives behind putting her in the shrine at all.  FTL is not the most politically correct show.  They don't try to be offensive for the sake of being offensive like many shock jocks do, but they certainly won't dance around a topic or betray their beliefs about it in order to pander to the PC crowd.  Puttng her in the shrine makes sense simly because she is a woman, she listens to the show, and she sent in a photo.  That's all there should be to it. 

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2005, 01:48:37 AM »

Being politically correct would be moving her to her own little shrine.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2005, 01:49:58 AM »

He can think whatever he wants about himself... that's fine.

But physically, he IS still a man.  It's that simple. It's irrefutable fact.

It's not the Shrine of "if you're convinced your a woman - we'll put you here" listeners. It's the Shrine of Female listeners.

Just give them their own shrine... miscellaneous or whatever...

Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2005, 01:51:20 AM »

Being politically correct would be moving her to her own little shrine.

no, it is welcoming all beliefs or lifestyles as "normal" (ie- keeping him in the shrine) - that's being PC.

ladyattis

« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2005, 01:55:29 AM »

So then why doesn't Ian and Manwich ask for everyone to be agnostic to atheist in their beliefs since both do not profess a strict religious adherence? Would you be angry if they stated you couldn't be on the shrine if you were a Christian, Muslim, or Jew? Your so-called 'normal' lifestyle shit is not only retarded it's down right fucking facist. What happens if one of the female shriners is a lesbian? What about if a butch lesbian gets on the shrine? What happens if a shriner happens to be intersexed? I guess you'll call them freaks as well, but then again, Grey, you are a pathetic little christian trashbag.

-- Bridget

TheOmni

« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2005, 02:01:24 AM »

He can think whatever he wants about himself... that's fine.

But physically, he IS still a man.  It's that simple. It's irrefutable fact.

It's not the Shrine of "if you're convinced your a woman - we'll put you here" listeners. It's the Shrine of Female listeners.

Just give them their own shrine... miscellaneous or whatever...

No, physically she still has a penis and a Y chromosone.  She is a woman.  I suppose I can see how you can not understand that distinction, since like most of everyone your actual gender and your physical gender are the same, but she is clearly a woman.  I could never see her as any differently.

ladyattis

« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2005, 02:03:36 AM »

Ohhhh Trannies are sOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo evil... Look, one of my kind is trying to be a singer, which btw, she is now internationally recognized.

-- Bridget

Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2005, 02:15:34 AM »

So then why doesn't Ian and Manwich ask for everyone to be agnostic to atheist in their beliefs since both do not profess a strict religious adherence? Would you be angry if they stated you couldn't be on the shrine if you were a Christian, Muslim, or Jew? Your so-called 'normal' lifestyle shit is not only retarded it's down right fucking facist. What happens if one of the female shriners is a lesbian? What about if a butch lesbian gets on the shrine? What happens if a shriner happens to be intersexed? I guess you'll call them freaks as well, but then again, Grey, you are a pathetic little christian trashbag.

-- Bridget

holy shit, their political stance or belief in God doesn't have any relevance, period.  And of course, they have the right to put anyone in there they want too... it's their own making.  But the whole point of this thread is to offer your views, so that's what I'm doing.

The point is, the Shrine is to harbour, physically real, 100% genuine women.  Not a cross dresser, or a transsexual, or a transvestite... or whatever...

The requirements are so cut and dry (or at least, they used to be).

And furthermore, does your immature, un-educated, childish, incessant name-calling another symptom or your mental condition? or is it exclusive? or is that simply b/c you don't like anyone disagreeing w/ your views? (ps: rhetorical question - just something to ponder)

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2005, 02:29:39 AM »

the Shrine is to harbour, physically real, 100% genuine women.
Really? I thought it was just to show that women(And Bridget is a woman, wether you admit it or not) listened to the show?
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2005, 02:44:01 AM »

Ohhhh Trannies are sOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo evil... Look, one of my kind is trying to be a singer, which btw, she is now internationally recognized.

-- Bridget

did I say they're "evil".  No, I did not.  I said they're abnormal. (not to mention horrendously fugly).

heh... "int'l recognized"... uh huh... *yawn*... I will just take your word for it.
yes yes... she's "famous"... whoopee... a bunch of people think she's great... and that's relevant, how? Keeping in mind Hitler and Saddam are both "internationally recognized" as well...  I think you know as well as I, that mass-knowledge doesn't equate normalcy or legitimacy.

PS... don't get your panties/tighty whities in too much of a bunch, I'm just showing how subjective beliefs are faulty and easily disassembled. ... and plus, it's just fun to debate (pwn you) ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 02:52:07 AM by Grey »

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2005, 03:26:44 AM »

Objective reasoning and even common sense escapes some people.  The moment you bring up morality and decency, they jump down your throat. 

It's amazing what the world is coming to.

bonerjoe

« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2005, 03:27:52 AM »

Morality and decency to me is adhering to the NAP "rule".

Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2005, 03:28:47 AM »

Objective reasoning and even common sense escapes some people. The moment you bring up morality and decency, they jump down your throat.

It's amazing what the world is coming to.

That's exactly it... once you hit that nerve (ie- questioning the very fiber of a person's nature/soul - or especially if you show it to be abnormal)... you will obviously get nothing but name-calling and general idiocy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.