Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Poll

Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

Yes
- 82 (57.3%)
No
- 61 (42.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?  (Read 52651 times)

csmith71

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Hazardous to your health!
    • View Profile
Re: Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2005, 12:27:46 PM »

My very first post and it has to come in regards to this?  Ouch!

My vote is yes, let her stay.  She lives her life as a woman and considers herself to be a woman.

And those of you, including Manwhich, who describe her as a freek or sick need to get your heads out of your asses and join the rest of us in the 21st century.  That's SO backwards thinking.

Chris

Grey

• VP - Vandeleigh Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2005, 03:31:50 PM »

Please, the "it's the 21 st" century line is completely irrelevant and without base...

so normalcy is based on what century we're in?

hmm yeah... I guess racism was accepted 120 yrs ago... "c'mon man, it's the 19th century you're allowed to own & abuse black people"... give me a break :roll:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 03:33:56 PM by Grey »
You get what you give. So, give.

She God

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2005, 04:32:21 PM »

Isn’t Manwich really a bit of a hypocrite? He wails and whines (and wails some more) that he doesn’t want the Shrine of Female listener to be a "freak show". So what does he go and do? Adds himself in such a way that it's mocking the whole process. Isn’t this all a self-fulfilled prophecy? Perhaps we would have never even gotten another transsexual  person asking to join. So Manwich is the one (and the only one I really think) who made it a freak show. Oh sure it's all tongue-and-cheek, but it still doesn’t changce the fact that I think he's cheapening the whole thing all by himself.

I vote yes to keep her in.

Although I can understand why some might vote no because she hasn’t had the surgery yet. I hope to hell all of you would vote yes then to all post-operation transsexuals then. Otherwise you'll also be hypocrites. If someone has had the surgery I think you *should* let them in. If they haven’t…well. I'd still let them but I can see why they wouldn’t.

Bridgett sees herself as a woman, and I will respect that. It’s a hard pillar to stand on, especially since so many want to call you "freak" and knock you down. I'd just like to shake her hand because I think she's a stronger person then I. I don’t know if I could publicly admit to someone something that would cause so much scorn if our situations were reversed.

Also is anyone else tired of Manwich saying she should go into a "Shrine Of Transvestites"? A transvestite is a *man* who wants to just dress like a woman, such as drag queens (Although that's an extreme example, not all transvestites are like that) Bridgett is a transsexual. They are a *woman* who was born a man. They are currently trying to correct that problem.

Please, the "it's the 21 st" century line is completely irrelevant and without base...

hmm yeah... I guess racism was accepted 120 yrs ago... "c'mon man, it's the 19th century you're allowed to own & abuse black people"... give me a break :roll:

Oh "please" yourself. It’s just an expression, meaning that we're in modern times, so we should be acting like it. Racism is a old as time,  its because of progressive thinking that we finally realized how absurd it is to hate someone just because of the color of their skin.

TheOmni

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2005, 05:31:26 PM »

I just want to put my vote firmly in the keep her column.  Unfortunately due to my habit of working and missing FTL and listening to it all in a bunch whenever I get some tie off I didn't hear about this controversy til just now.  But I certainly support Bridget.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2005, 07:16:50 PM »

For those of you who did not see Manwich's mean "Womanwich" pic, here it is:

http://freetalklive.com/images/womanwich.jpg
I have linked to it because of its disturbing nature.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

shanek

• Loudmouthed Skeptic
    • View Profile
    • www.shanekillian.org
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2005, 07:28:22 PM »

I'm for keeping Bridget on the shrine, if for no other reason that it pisses off Brokor.
When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir pelcgbtencul.

"Denying it doesn't make it so." --Brokor

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2005, 07:43:57 PM »

For those of you who did not see Manwich's mean "Womanwich" pic, here it is:

http://freetalklive.com/images/womanwich.jpg
I have linked to it because of its disturbing nature.

Oh my Lord.  I hadn't seen that.  It's quite disturbing.  But nice sign... :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russ84

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2005, 07:49:04 PM »

I actually think it's a good new look for Manwich err... Womanwich.

jtbreeze

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2005, 10:08:20 PM »

Yes, it matters. It isn't the superficial "when" we are, but all of the context within which we exist that matters. The superficial "when" is just a label for that context.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2005, 12:28:59 AM »

Around and round we go.  The question wasn't about Bridgets correctness in feeling that she is a woman.  Each side already knows were they stand and neither side is going to change the other side's mind with their arguments.  The bigger question is should Bridget stay on the Shrine? 

It is a marketing question.  Are there enough who feel that people should be free to consider themselves whatever they wish and want to keep her on the shrine.  Or are there enough who are upset and feel it isn't right that she should be on the shrine.  And will those who are upset buggeroff and discontinue supporting the show. 

Ultimately, it is Ian's choice because he has ownership of the show.  If he feels that Bridget doesn't generate enough attention he will most likely take the photo down.  And sometimes negative attention can work for you.  I bet because of this the shrine is getting way more hits than otherwise would be normal.  So if you really think about it from a marketing perspective and your goal is to garner more attention to the show.  Then you would have to say Bridget is the best thing that could have happened to the Shrine..  With of course WOMANWICH being a close 2nd. 

BTW Womanwich you are bringing out those undiscovered latent lasbian tendencies, oh baby baby. :lol:

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2005, 04:59:41 AM »

I'm for keeping Bridget on the shrine, if for no other reason that it pisses off Brokor.
haha, you bitch. :lol:  Nah, I really don't care, like I said before.  The shrine is aweful in my opinion.  "Bridget", who I like to now call Gus, is just another face.  Thankfully, we do not have to see more of Gus.

shanek

• Loudmouthed Skeptic
    • View Profile
    • www.shanekillian.org
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2005, 10:35:47 AM »

Nah, I really don't care, like I said before.

You seem to spend an awful lot of time and energy posting about it for something you don't care about...
When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir pelcgbtencul.

"Denying it doesn't make it so." --Brokor

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2005, 11:02:21 AM »

I don't think the shrine is going to help market the show in any way.  Especially with our shrine.  Like Ian says, it's really not a beauty contest.  And our Publishers' Clearing House Winners just aren't gonna get that big affiliate... :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Grey

• VP - Vandeleigh Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2005, 11:52:33 AM »

haha, you bitch. :lol:  Nah, I really don't care, like I said before.  The shrine is aweful in my opinion.  "Bridget", who I like to now call Gus, is just another face.  Thankfully, we do not have to see more of Gus.

lol... "Gus"

that's great.
You get what you give. So, give.

jtbreeze

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2005, 04:45:20 PM »

I say get rid of the shrine. Its lame.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Should Bridget stay on the Shrine?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.