Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Selling & shipping baklava! =)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling & shipping baklava! =)  (Read 50561 times)

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
Re: Selling & shipping baklava! =)
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2010, 08:49:24 PM »

I got my baklava in the mail today.  It tastes good:  like honey-coated freedom.  I had a hard time stopping myself from consuming it all tonight :D

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2010, 08:53:21 PM »

I got my baklava in the mail today.  It tastes good:  like honey-coated freedom.  I had a hard time stopping myself from consuming it all tonight :D

You have to be careful with it!  A pound and a half is a lot of baklava, even though it may not look it at first glance.  It's really easy to put 4 or 5 pieces down.  I enjoy peeling the layers off of it and enjoying it slowly.

Honey-coated freedom. Love it! =)
-Mandrik

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2010, 09:03:24 AM »

I finally got around to placing my order. Looking forward to getting it, maybe taking a few pieces to work and sending business your way.

Or just eating it all myself. We'll see what happens.
Bushi no ichi-gon

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2010, 09:50:57 AM »

After nearly 6 months I finally got my first customer that hated it!  She said it tasted "rancid," which is strange because everyone else who received their order from the same pan as her said it was fantastic.  I think the buckwheat honey must have been too strong for her tastes.  /shrug  I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, but I thought I'd mention it.  No matter what you are selling or doing you are bound to find someone who isn't happy with your product or service.
-Mandrik

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »

Tell me where she lives. I'll make her change her mind.

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2010, 10:28:01 AM »

I just listened to the Wheels off Liberty podcast that came out yesterday, and Jamie & Tarrin gave me props for my baklava.  I sent Jamie an order off of the *exact* same pan this lady got, and Jamie said it was amazing.  The entire podcast is great as always, but they briefly mention my baklava business in the first 5 or 6 minutes of the pod.

I gave this lady a refund and even gave her positive feedback on eBay.  If I get one negative response out of every 150+ orders then I can only assume I'm doing something right.
-Mandrik

ForumTroll

« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2010, 10:35:51 AM »

Rancid? I had it sitting in the refrigerator and on the counter for a long time, and at no point did even hint of tasting rancid. And I know what the fuck that tastes like.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »

Rancid? I had it sitting in the refrigerator and on the counter for a long time, and at no point did even hint of tasting rancid. And I know what the fuck that tastes like.

Yeah, I had mine in the fridge for maybe 2 weeks before I finally finished it and it didn't taste "off" at all.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »

Some people are just huge review tools.  Some are scam artists.  They throw a shit-fit hoping to get extra stuff or a refund. 

I stumbled into some crazy bitches review profile on Amazon one day [VIEW THIS PERSONS OTHER REVIEWS] and she musta had a thousand other reviews of absolutely normal shit.  Just look around your house -  mouse pad, lamp shade, bagel cutter, fucking everything you see, she bought it from Amazon and reviewed the fucker.  *NOTHING* made this cunt happy.  And everything somehow involved her sciatica.  I wanted bread pans because we bake a lot of bread and I have sciatica so I have trouble getting the loaves out of the pan.  Well, these bread pans suck, and I won't recommend buying them. 

I'm sure her husband is down in the basement chipping a hole in the concrete floor. 

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »

She's actually listed as a Top Seller on eBay, and her buyer feedback looks good.  I just think she was completely turned off by the buckwheat honey taste.  That is hilarious though, Drifter.  Some people just go through life completely miserable and they want everyone else to feel the same way.  I'd rather just smile at these people and tell them to have a nice day.
-Mandrik

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2010, 08:24:10 PM »

Send her another sheet but substitute buckwheat honey with "Mandrik honey.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2010, 12:10:39 AM »

Some people are just huge review tools.  Some are scam artists.  They throw a shit-fit hoping to get extra stuff or a refund. 

I stumbled into some crazy bitches review profile on Amazon one day [VIEW THIS PERSONS OTHER REVIEWS] and she musta had a thousand other reviews of absolutely normal shit.  Just look around your house -  mouse pad, lamp shade, bagel cutter, fucking everything you see, she bought it from Amazon and reviewed the fucker.  *NOTHING* made this cunt happy.  And everything somehow involved her sciatica.  I wanted bread pans because we bake a lot of bread and I have sciatica so I have trouble getting the loaves out of the pan.  Well, these bread pans suck, and I won't recommend buying them. 

I'm sure her husband is down in the basement chipping a hole in the concrete floor. 

You are one of my favorite people ever. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »

:lol:
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2010, 11:04:56 PM »

Got my package of awesome today. I took one box to work after having a few pieces with the Lady, and it was a pretty big hit. People seemed confused at the term "Baklava" and intimidated by the look of it (it looks much squishier under FedEx's lights), but everyone who tried it loved it.

I told 'em where to go for more.
Bushi no ichi-gon

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2010, 12:19:39 AM »

George's Famous Baklava is now the official sponsor of the Wheels off Liberty podcast.  I love Mike, Jamie, and Tarrin, so I was more than happy to sponsor those guys.  It's definitely one of the best pods out there!
-Mandrik
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Selling & shipping baklava! =)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.