Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Selling & shipping baklava! =)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling & shipping baklava! =)  (Read 50571 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Selling & shipping baklava! =)
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2010, 12:17:37 AM »

I think a graphic depiction would be more effective.

How exactly would you illustrate the honey god?  Would he be like the Kool-Aid man? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2010, 12:18:52 AM »

Wow, someone commission an artist for that piece.
-Mandrik

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2010, 12:23:27 AM »

I was thinking like one of these guys, except maybe with a beard, crown, trident and/or some other god-like accoutrement:

Oh, and of course, he'll need a nice big cock.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2010, 12:45:20 AM »

Its obviously Belushi in the bee costume. 

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2010, 12:34:38 PM »

Thanks to digitalfour I have a completely new site design!  Just in time, too, because my ads are gonna be running on FTL starting with podcasts this Thursday.  I added a couple sites to the links page already, but if you have any recommendations please let me know.  Thanks!
-Mandrik

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2010, 04:13:54 PM »

George, your page looks awesome.  I would like to see some new photos of the baklava though.  I see you put the one up you took recently with your wife's camera.  A couple of them are dark though.  From my foodblogging reading I've seen most suggest putting the dish near a window.  Apparently natural light is the best.  Again, digit did an awesome job and it looks good.   :D
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2010, 04:27:27 PM »

Thanks for the picture taking tips!  I plan on adding more to the site, including pictures, but at least I have a much better looking page set up before the ads hit.  I lack the creativity to create a site, but I have the knowledge to edit the existing one.  Having digitalfour create this was a huge help, and I plan on updating with new pictures and information in the near future.  I got a lot of ideas, but I'm always looking for feedback.  =)
-Mandrik

miriena

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »

I've been eating a couple pieces of this baklava a day for a couple weeks now and it's SO GOOD. I don't think I want to ever buy any sweets from the store any time soon because they are hardly ever as good as far as the flavor, and never as good when it comes to ingredients. The baklava is so rich that I can't really eat more than a couple pieces a day, but this just makes it last longer. It freezes really well, too, I can't tell the difference between a thawed out batch and a never-frozen batch.

YUMMM.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2010, 11:25:09 PM »

You all convinced me to go and order some.  I'm eagerly awaiting a tasty surprise in my mail next week :)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2010, 12:14:31 AM »

You all convinced me to go and order some.  I'm eagerly awaiting a tasty surprise in my mail next week :)

Okay, now I'm gonna beat Russ up.  He STILL won't agree to eat any. 
         -George W. Bush

Major Jizz

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2010, 12:16:17 AM »

Okay, now I'm gonna beat Russ up.  He STILL won't agree to eat any. 

Meet me at the back of Costa's in Greek Town.  :P

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »

Planning my next order very soon. Will order after next week's 13-miler, so that it gets here in time to be my postrun fuel after the 17-mile long run the week after.

Yep, that's right. I'm using George's baklava as a carrot during my marathon training. (The stick is that if I don't go on long runs, I'm at home with my 3 kids, 2 dogs, and 1 big pile of laundry.)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2010, 08:00:51 PM »

You all convinced me to go and order some.  I'm eagerly awaiting a tasty surprise in my mail next week :)

Okay, now I'm gonna beat Russ up.  He STILL won't agree to eat any.  

Meet me at the back of Costa's in Greek Town.  :P

You do know that place just burned down this week, right?  I'm assuming you do ;)

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2025280,deep-fryer-costas-fire-020210.article

Also, Jizzy and Lindsey should come to my place to eat wonderful baklava once I get it...I'm close enough to Costa's :P

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2010, 06:49:42 PM »

You all convinced me to go and order some.  I'm eagerly awaiting a tasty surprise in my mail next week :)

You do know that place just burned down this week, right?  I'm assuming you do ;)

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2025280,deep-fryer-costas-fire-020210.article

Also, Jizzy and Lindsey should come to my place to eat wonderful baklava once I get it...I'm close enough to Costa's :P

Yeah, he knows.  He's just being a dick.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Major Jizz

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »

Yeah. I was saddened by that. It all looks like a pile of shit right now.  :( I walk down Halsted everyday from UIC to get to the Union Station.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Selling & shipping baklava! =)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.