Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Selling & shipping baklava! =)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling & shipping baklava! =)  (Read 50542 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Selling & shipping baklava! =)
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 01:01:30 AM »

I wash so many dishes around here I had to start using gloves because my hands started getting all dry and cracked.

I should wear gloves, since I spend money on acrylic nails.  I'm bad about it though.  At least I wear them when I use abrasive chemicals in the bathroom now.   :lol:

BTW, I think I gained 3 lbs from eating that baklava.

Russ told me he won't eat baklava from the internetz.   :x
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

BonerJoe

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2009, 01:12:35 AM »

More for you.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2009, 01:19:08 AM »

More for you.

I'm not sure why.  Even the fact that Rillion placed an order didn't convince him.  Epic pickles from John Shaw and baklava...best foods of the BBS.   8)
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

BonerJoe

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2009, 01:28:58 AM »

Fuck, Shaw better make some more pickles. Miniscule sodium diet be damned.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 01:32:20 AM »

Fuck, Shaw better make some more pickles. Miniscule sodium diet be damned.

I think he will if we ask.  And by ask, I mean say it with PayPal.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 01:37:50 AM »

John Shaw is busy with zombies. Do not bother him with your pickle cravings.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 01:55:48 AM »

John Shaw is busy with zombies. Do not bother him with your pickle cravings.

How dare you.   :lol:

Okay, pickles after zombies.  I tell you though, never had a better pickle in mah life.   :wink:
         -George W. Bush

Osborne

• View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2009, 02:29:47 PM »

So that lasted a whole ten minutes. Expect another couple dozen orders from Defiance.

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2009, 03:11:42 PM »

So that lasted a whole ten minutes. Expect another couple dozen orders from Defiance.

A whole freaking pan in 10 minutes?!  OMG dude, that's crazy.  I take it you just gave it to all your employees and they destroyed it.

What did you personally think?
-Mandrik

Osborne

• View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2009, 04:02:47 PM »

Dude, it was ridiculous. I have never had anything like that in my mouth.

I have had baklava from the store and have never been a fan. This shit was unreal. So gooey and fresh and delicious.

I was a little skeptical about the price. This doesn't seem like much food for that much money. But, boy howdy. These puppies are DENSE and RICH. I couldn't eat more than one at a time, and as anyone who has eaten with me before can vouch, that is saying alot.

Should think about running an FTL ad for the holidays. They are pretty cheap.

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2009, 05:18:05 PM »

I have had baklava from the store and have never been a fan. This shit was unreal. So gooey and fresh and delicious.

I was a little skeptical about the price. This doesn't seem like much food for that much money. But, boy howdy. These puppies are DENSE and RICH. I couldn't eat more than one at a time, and as anyone who has eaten with me before can vouch, that is saying alot.

I keep the price as low as possible.  I've been down to Baltimore's Greek section & I see them charging $50-$60 for a full pan of baklava that looks like the crap you tried and hated.  It's probably costing them $6-$8 a pan to make, but they charge such a high premium since it's not a common product.  I'd rather sell a premium product at as reasonable a price as possible.  I don't buy cheap ingredients because I'm not trying to make a cheap product.  I only care about making the best.  A full pan is 15" x 11" and I cut the pieces small for the very reasons you mentioned--it's rich & dense.  I think a piece is around 1/2 an inch tall, but contains 54 layers.  That's why one piece is so filling. :)

I've thought about maybe running an ad, but honestly I'm worried about too much business, lol.  It's just me baking during my free time.  Don't get me wrong, I know I can fulfill all orders people throw at me right now.  I'm ready for it, and plan on skipping out on a lot of sleep.  This is my first year doing this over a holiday season, and I'm planning on using the sales data so I know what to expect next year.  I want to see how much work I need to put in this year & then look into expanding next year.  I'll continue to sell year round, though.  I'm having a lot of fun baking!
-Mandrik

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »

I keep the price as low as possible.  I've been down to Baltimore's Greek section & I see them charging $50-$60 for a full pan of baklava that looks like the crap you tried and hated.  It's probably costing them $6-$8 a pan to make, but they charge such a high premium since it's not a common product.  I'd rather sell a premium product at as reasonable a price as possible.  I don't buy cheap ingredients because I'm not trying to make a cheap product.  I only care about making the best.  A full pan is 15" x 11" and I cut the pieces small for the very reasons you mentioned--it's rich & dense.  I think a piece is around 1/2 an inch tall, but contains 54 layers.  That's why one piece is so filling. :)

I've thought about maybe running an ad, but honestly I'm worried about too much business, lol.  It's just me baking during my free time.  Don't get me wrong, I know I can fulfill all orders people throw at me right now.  I'm ready for it, and plan on skipping out on a lot of sleep.  This is my first year doing this over a holiday season, and I'm planning on using the sales data so I know what to expect next year.  I want to see how much work I need to put in this year & then look into expanding next year.  I'll continue to sell year round, though.  I'm having a lot of fun baking!

I think this could turn in to a great business for you.  I haven't had it, but I do plan on trying some in the near future.  If you bake other items as well, you could definitely grow this in to an extremely profitable thing for yourself.   :D
         -George W. Bush

Riddler

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2009, 08:28:07 PM »

if you greek fucks would STOP putting pecans or walnuts in the shit, i'd be in...
how bout some NON-mouth/throat swelling for once???
fuckin anti-nut discrimination bullshit

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2009, 08:57:12 PM »

LOL!

You know, I could make it with something else if you wanted to buy the pan (or split it with someone else).  You just tell me what you like as a filler instead of nuts.
-Mandrik

BonerJoe

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »

So that lasted a whole ten minutes.

lol
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Selling & shipping baklava! =)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.