Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Sam is a hero!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Sam is a hero!  (Read 40464 times)

Riddler

Re: Sam is a hero!
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:20 PM »

He wanted to play legal gotcha games with the court but then it turned around and bit him in the ass. 

hopefully, a big, pipe-hittin' negroe isn't biting him in the ass.
oofa...

Jetfire

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2009, 11:03:13 PM »

wooooow.... jail is not fuckin welfare. plus he's not accepting it by choice. They are forcing him to stay there for something ludicruous.

Sam is still in jail because Sam is a fucking moron.  He wants to be in jail. 

He wanted to play legal gotcha games with the court but then it turned around and bit him in the ass. 

gotcha games? is this a game to you? cuz I think he's takin it seriously. He's stickin to his principles.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2009, 12:02:50 AM »

wooooow.... jail is not fuckin welfare. plus he's not accepting it by choice. They are forcing him to stay there for something ludicruous.

gotcha games? is this a game to you? cuz I think he's takin it seriously. He's stickin to his principles.

I couldn't give a shit about someone with 'principles'.  People with 'principles' are usually a bunch of fanatics.   
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Jetfire

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2009, 12:04:59 AM »

I couldn't give a shit about someone with 'principles'.  People with 'principles' are usually a bunch of fanatics.   

Principles that I believe in. I dont know anyone who is willing to go half the distance he has.

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2009, 12:09:18 AM »

So, you reject people with principles as a matter of principle?
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

jeffersonish

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2009, 03:23:57 AM »

Far as I can see Sam hasn't done dick to make anyone freer

And if he has accomplished half of the convincing needed to get person x to join the FSP,
and if that person x is a fantastic leader who lives out of state, has never called in, never posted in the BBS,
and the future result of converting this fantastic leader is an incredible increase in the FSP's success,
how would one show this?

I maintain, you don't know Sam hasn't done dick... as you point out, you haven't seen it...
You don't see the benefit, Sam does. Sam does his thing, you do yours, and some people will call Sam a hero and some people will snipe at him for trying.

So as long as there are might haves and could bes to be discussed, he's a hero?

Guess it depends on your definition of a hero. I think someone who stands on principles, suffers because of it, and tries to make the world a better place at least deserves consideration that he might be. But then that's just me. I certainly wouldn't go around criticizing those who think he is. That might best be left for someone trying to demoralize the troops so to speak.

jeffersonish

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2009, 03:30:49 AM »

And if he has accomplished half of the convincing needed to get person x to join the FSP,
and if that person x is a fantastic leader who lives out of state, has never called in, never posted in the BBS,
and the future result of converting this fantastic leader is an incredible increase in the FSP's success,
how would one show this?

I maintain, you don't know Sam hasn't done dick... as you point out, you haven't seen it...
You don't see the benefit, Sam does. Sam does his thing, you do yours, and some people will call Sam a hero and some people will snipe at him for trying.

Guess it depends on your definition of a hero. I think someone who stands on principles, suffers because of it, and tries to make the world a better place at least deserves consideration that he might be. But then that's just me. I certainly wouldn't go around criticizing those who think he is. That might best be left for someone trying to demoralize the troops so to speak.

As a matter of fact, usually when I see the term fatcat, people are talking about either a corporate fatcat or a government fatcat. Which agency are you with?

fatcat

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2009, 07:20:18 AM »

how would one show this?

As a matter of fact, usually when I see the term fatcat, people are talking about either a corporate fatcat or a government fatcat. Which agency are you with?

I'm self employed actually. 'is ironic.

Demoralize the troops? What fucking world do you live in? All I have ever talked about is how there is no evidence to show Sam and other Civ dissers have or will achieve anything.

Its a weak path to wail about any criticism of methods as some sort of demoralizing attack on libertarians. All I am doing is speaking the truth as I see it, and trying to persuade people who support the same goal as me not to waste their time on methods that have no evidence of working. If you believe I'm wrong and you're right, then persuade me of that, don't puss out and bitch that I'm not playing nice.

I don't want people to waste their time on bullshit. I would rather Sam be jerking off at home with a wet towel, rather than waste his time in jail, at least he'd be enjoying himself.

Sam could be out making a productive living in the black market, but instead he's draining. You know what will happen if a bunch of Free staters get themselves put in jail? They'll build more prisons. How will they pay for the prisons? Steal from people.

YAY FOR FREEDOM! SAM'S A HERO!

Again, claims that "I don't know he hasn't changed anything" are redundant. Thats not how the burden of proof works. I could clap my hands and I don't know that I haven't caused a tsunami in Asia, but chances are I haven't, and until its proved I shouldn't believe that I have.

Until anyone shows me even a correlative link that Sam has increased any sort of freedoms, I'll rest my case.

And please stop busting out the "He's bringing attention" chestnut unless you have a good reason why all the police murders, politician scandals that make national news shouldn't be making 10 times the difference one libertarian (whats that? like a liberal?) starving himself over a stupid court rule.

Keep your snowballs and maybe's for someone who's willing to delude themselves.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2009, 09:32:40 AM »

I think we can reserve judgement of hero status until we see the final outcome. You can't call someone a good baker until the cake is ready.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Jetfire

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2009, 10:02:48 AM »

I think we can reserve judgement of hero status until we see the final outcome. You can't call someone a good baker until the cake is ready.

and not everyone is going to like the cake

JWI

« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2009, 11:23:43 AM »

And please stop busting out the "He's bringing attention" chestnut unless you have a good reason why all the police murders, politician scandals that make national news shouldn't be making 10 times the difference one libertarian (whats that? like a liberal?) starving himself over a stupid court rule.

It's hard to bring attention when your media coverage is mostly a handful of libertarian websites (preaching to the choir?) and a small-town newspaper.  The people of Keene have already shown they don't care why he's in jail, he "broke the law!"  Listen to the scary callers on Talkback sometime, these people are not being reached or changing their minds.

Now I suppose if you do stuff like this long enough and protest enough things you might get a few people to think differently eventually.  It's a long hard road and it will take a long time...just like politics.

blackie

« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2009, 11:27:15 AM »

Now I suppose if you do stuff like this long enough and protest enough things you might get a few people to think differently eventually.  It's a long hard road and it will take a long time...just like politics.
But most people will just think you are nutjobs, like the 9/11 truthers.

JWI

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »

But most people will just think you are nutjobs, like the 9/11 truthers.

Just because the sheeple are ignoring the truth isn't my fault.  They need to wake up and stop drinking the fluoridated water and open their third eye!

Jetfire

« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »

i dont get what the big deal is with flouride in ur water... I hate most conspiracy theorists

JWI

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2009, 11:49:38 AM »

i dont get what the big deal is with flouride in ur water... I hate most conspiracy theorists

The conspiracy theory is that it's mind control or something.

I did talk to a chemist who said the data shows that fluoride slows brain functions, but there's no evidence that makes you dumber.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Sam is a hero!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.