Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Sam is a hero!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Sam is a hero!  (Read 40486 times)

freetarian

Sam is a hero!
« on: May 07, 2009, 12:51:49 PM »

Sam of OTN is a hero in the quest for freedom and liberty.

fatcat

Re: Sam is a hero!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:54:11 PM »

What heroic things has he done?

fatcat

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:57:38 PM »

ya

Hero

#  In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.
# A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war.

If you have any examples of heroic acts sam has done I'd be happy to hear them.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:59:33 PM »

This freetarian guy loves kool-aid.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

fatcat

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:04:55 PM »

So you don't have any examples then?

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »

I agree that Sam is a hero. freekeene.com for those that care to learn the details about his situation.

Jetfire

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:22:04 PM »

he⋅ro
   /ˈhɪəroʊ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [heer-oh] Show IPA
–noun, plural -roes; for 5 also -ros.
1.    a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
2.    a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.
3.    the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.
4.    Classical Mythology.
a.    a being of godlike prowess and beneficence who often came to be honored as a divinity.
b.    (in the Homeric period) a warrior-chieftain of special strength, courage, or ability.
c.    (in later antiquity) an immortal being; demigod.
5.    hero sandwich.
6.    the bread or roll used in making a hero sandwich.

Sam is a hero imo. I believe him to be brave and noble for standing for his beliefs and facing tyranny. A hero doesnt have to be a god or a warrior. It can be a sandwich or "in the opinion of others" to have heroic qualities. He stood up for his right to freedom of speech and stood up for his right to remain silent by not giving his name. He could be out by now if he just complied. That is standing up.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »

ya

Hero

#  In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.
# A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war.

If you have any examples of heroic acts sam has done I'd be happy to hear them.

Heroism, indeed.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

blackie

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:26:08 PM »

blackie

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »

How about a Sam quote?

"There is a better way…"   -SamIAm

fatcat

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 02:31:29 PM »

Sam is in jail. That's not "standing up," that's being in jail.

I fail to see anything constructive coming of this.

A whole bunch of this.

So whats the deal? If you take risks or decide to make your life worse you're suddenly a hero? Don't results count for shit?

The fact he's willing to go to jail for his beliefs is enough? What about the people willing to go to jail for hanging their dick out in public?

Hell, what about risk taking in general? Why don't we have a circle jerk about all the dumbasses on youtube who fuck up a backflip or set themselves on fire.

In that case there are a whole lot of heroes in the world, and if thats your only standard then you've destroyed any useful meaning of the word hero.

Anyone care to name dick Sam has achieved besides inflating his own ego and giving civ dis fanatics some hollow sense of purpose?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:33:19 PM by fatcat »

blackie

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 02:43:33 PM »

Anyone care to name dick Sam has achieved besides inflating his own ego and giving civ dis fanatics some hollow sense of purpose?
More liberty activists are going to move to Keene, NH because of the heroic actions of Sam.

Sam is an inspiration to liberty activists everywhere. He might even die!

And he is trying to do this:
http://freekeene.com/2009/05/04/sams-jail-blog-thursday-april-30/
Setting a precedent in the process, that allows liberty activists to refuse providing a name, social security number, home address, physical characteristics and countless other things they ask, but defendants have no lawful requirement to provide.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:52:38 PM by blackie »

Jetfire

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 02:45:06 PM »

Yea seriously he practiced his rights and was arrested. He remained stout with his principles. Despite everything he has faced he hasnt back down. That is nothing in comparison to accidently hurting yourself in some stupid stunt or exposing your penis.

Jetfire

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »

More liberty activists are going to move to Keene, NH because of the heroic actions of Sam.

This. I've developed my savings plan and I'm putting my money away and getting ready to move.

fatcat

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »

Sam has a right to a speedy trail. A right to remain silent and a right to video record in public. All these rights are being violated by a tyrannical government.  Some say "He would be free if he would just state his name!"  If he states his name, he no longer remains silent, does he? And do not think this cannot happen to you. It can happen to you and may happen to you. Sam is exercising his rights. Anybody who stands firm against tyranny is a hero and Sam is a true hero! 

Calm the liberty shit, your preaching to the choir.

The point is, you can get warm fuzzies about it, and print T-shirts, and whatever, but I've yet to hear a single thing Sam has done to improve the freedoms of anyone.

Trying to do something is not the same as doing it.

I could sacrifice a goat to the gods and ask them to smite tyrannical politicians. I could make a voodoo doll of Gordon Brown and pull its eyes out. I could go on a shooting spree killing cops and bureaucrats.

I could do it all with a smile and a libertarian song in my heart, but it doesn't mean I'm actually achieving shit.

You civ-dissers need to calm the fuck down with the cheerleading and backslapping and think, for just a moment, about what any of this is actually going to achieve.

Still no one has mentioned anything Sam has actually achieved, everyone just has a hard on for how great he is for "standing up" against the government.

When you have that little consideration for the results, and so much focus on the motives, you have to wonder whether you're engaging in realistic activism, or just living in a happy fantasy world.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:57:18 PM by fatcat »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Sam is a hero!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 32 queries.