Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Russian Strategy vs. Foreclosures
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian Strategy vs. Foreclosures  (Read 1094 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Russian Strategy vs. Foreclosures
« on: February 21, 2010, 06:22:56 AM »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=815_1266715410

Like many people, Terry Hoskins has had troubles with his bank, but his solution to foreclosure might be unique.

Hoskins said he's been in a struggle with RiverHills Bank over his Clermont County, Ohio home for nearly a decade, a struggle that was coming to an end as the bank began foreclosure proceedings on his $350,000 home.

"When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and so M More..ore..meone decides they want to take it no, I wasn't going to stand for that, so I took it down," Hoskins said.

Hoskins said the Internal Revenue Service placed liens on his carpet store and commercial property on State Route 125 after his brother, a one-time business partner, sued him.

The bank claimed his home as collateral, Hoskins said, and went after both his residential and commercial properties.

Hoskins said he'd gotten a $170,000 offer from someone to pay off the house, but the bank refused, saying they could get more from selling it in foreclosure.

Hoskins said that he issued the bank an ultimatum.

"I'll tear it down before I let you take it," Hoskins told them.

And that's exactly what Hoskins did.

"As far as what the bank is going to get, I plan on giving them back what was on this hill exactly (as) it was," Hoskins said. "I brought it out of the ground and I plan on putting it back in the ground."

Hoskins' business is scheduled to go up for auction on March 2, and he's considering leveling that building, too.

RiverHills Bank declined to comment on the situation, but Hoskins said his actions were intended to send a message.

"Well, to probably make banks think twice before they try to take someone's home, and if they are going to take it wrongly, the end result will be them tearing their house down like I did mine," Hoskins said.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Txoria

• Bakearen Txoria
  • I am not a number, I am a person!
    • View Profile
Re: Russian Strategy vs. Foreclosures
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »

Very nice. If you have the resources to tear that sucker down and make a new life somewhere, you should. Why should you give them the product of your labor after such hostility?

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »

Very nice. If you have the resources to tear that sucker down and make a new life somewhere, you should. Why should you give them the product of your labor after such hostility?
Hey Drinking next Thursday.  No fuckin around this time :D.  We're gonna get some drinks next Thurs on 2/25/10.  You down?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Txoria

• Bakearen Txoria
  • I am not a number, I am a person!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:11:09 PM »

I don't think I can make it in the evening, but if my plans change I'll let you know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Russian Strategy vs. Foreclosures

// ]]>

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 31 queries.