Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Russia Today gives U.S. liberty activist a top slot
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Russia Today gives U.S. liberty activist a top slot  (Read 5631 times)

DadaOrwell

• View Profile
Russia Today gives U.S. liberty activist a top slot
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:49:49 PM »

Looks like Adam Kokesh of Iraq Veterans Against the War has just gotten his own daily prime-time show on Russia Today. 

http://AdamVsTheMan.com
The New Hampshire Revolution
Is now televised
http://RidleyReport.com

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: Russia Today gives U.S. liberty activist a top slot
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »

What no youtube link this time?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:39:45 AM »

State-controlled media powerhouse from a collapsing wanna-be superpower that ranks #142 in economic freedom picks up an Alex Jones wannabe radio show to hurt US interests....

This crosses the line.  You can and should fight against American government bullshit, but not in a way that profits governments that are substantially worse!  If not for the American iron fist, and if the Kremlin puppet-masters behind Russia Today had their way, all of Europe would look like Belarus by now (or worse), and much of Asia would look like North Korea!

This is the part where them NH Underground peace-tards get all intolerant, but I want the Putins of this world kept in their place, and the Private Sector does not yet have the ideological capital to do it.  I want to work toward a world where it does, which makes me a war-mongering baby eater apparently...  Reality be damned, let's just all just hug each-other and be "more peaceful than thou" as the Hitlers and Castros and Saddams and Putins of the world put billions into an early grave (with varying degree of direct responsibility)...  :roll:

A liberal is an emotionalist ignorant of economics (and pretty much everything else).  A libertarian is an emotionalist ignorant of geopolitics (and also of demographics, as discussed elsewhere).  Never compromise ideologically, but never let the enemy trick you into a tactical betrayal of some of liberty's greatest achievers, no matter how imperfect they might be.  Those that think rationally understand that the U.S. military and Pinochets and even cold warriors like McCarthy are the lesser of a whole pile of horrible evils!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:51:24 AM by /sbin/libmand »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 07:24:35 PM »

:)

Is he ignoring you or does he not come back to visit these threads?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »

Probably both.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 12:43:44 AM »

Probably both.

Dadaorwell is a spammer who occasionally will browse the bbs and post some real thoughts. Most of the time he just plops down a youtube link and press blurb then runs.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 12:49:35 AM »

Awww, one of my Top 10 favorite people on this BBS is criticizing one of my Top 10 favorite people in the FSP...  C'mon, you're just too cool for this!  Dave does amazing work distributing the info.  Ya gotta plant the links...

Amazing Richard

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 01:34:46 AM »

It's just business.

But, Dadaorwell will on VERY rare occasions post something that shows his more human and non-spam side. It's very rare...but he does do it sometimes.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 01:41:55 AM »

Awww, one of my Top 10 favorite people on this BBS is criticizing one of my Top 10 favorite people in the FSP...  C'mon, you're just too cool for this!  Dave does amazing work distributing the info.  Ya gotta plant the links...

Spam is spam man. He should provide some real content. Also in the sentence he posted he makes it seem like he just is reporting it as news, but as he stated on  FTL he is being paid to promote it. He was paid to post that link  here. I watch  the guys videos occasionally, nobody is reporting on the same news or with the same dedication, but nobody also enjoys spammers.

Amazing Richard

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 01:49:06 AM »

Spam is spam man. He should provide some real content. Also in the sentence he posted he makes it seem like he just is reporting it as news, but as he stated on  FTL he is being paid to promote it. He was paid to post that link  here. I watch  the guys videos occasionally, nobody is reporting on the same news or with the same dedication, but nobody also enjoys spammers.

How much does he get paid? Ian is a cheap bastard. I can't imagine Dave is getting paid much, which would explain why 99% of Dave's posts have no soul. If Ian pays Dave more money, I'm sure Dave would put a bit more effort into it.

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 09:03:33 AM »

He is one of the most Web-productive Free Staters around, IMHO.

I don't know how he's being paid exactly, but there's nothing wrong with making a buck if you can.

I don't see any examples of him posting anything off-topic (and I mean by sane standards, not my own, as I've just broke my own record for low-brow garbage earlier tonight).

DadaOrwell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »

I do come back to the threads but generally will only add comments if you guys do.  This one has comments... so... you get a response from me.

With regard to Alex's comment, sure it's appropriate to be skeptical of The Kremlin.   But know them by their media deeds...RT has a good track record so far when it comes to its handling of U.S. news.   I doubt anyone would suggest they are the place to go for lots of criticim of Serbia or Moscow's handling of the Near Abroad.  But there is now a history of television networks in relatively authoritarian countries putting out good programing with seeds of liberty.  Even PressTV out of Iran does some good stuff.  

In any case, some folks will come to the conclusion they need to work with what they have.   And right now, American liberty has Russia Today as an ally...we'll see how uneasy or smooth that goes.   I don't think they are going to want 100 angry calls an hour any more than Fox News did when they censored Ron Paul.

On the interview with Gary Franchi Apr. 4 Adam said he's gotten full editorial control and will raise the red flag if that changes.  If they're thinking straight they're going to be be eager to give him no cause to do that.

I'll try to respond to some of the other posts later.   There is a vid out, again will probably try and dig that up for you later.
The New Hampshire Revolution
Is now televised
http://RidleyReport.com

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 01:08:18 PM »

I agree.  Open competition can bring out the truth, even when competitors are vile superpower governments.  Just a reminder not to get too cozy with them and keep one hand on a gun at all times, so to speak.  We Russians are sneaky little bastards...

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »

I'm wondering if, based on who's at the broadcast controls, there's any chance (if things get really bad for liberty down the road) of the feds drawing up "treasonish" charges...particularly since this is ("someone else's") state-run media.  The way I envision this (perhaps slim) chance of happening is when Adam reports something that makes the State Department squirm (which is obviously something we'd otherwise look forward to, I'm sure.)

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 02:30:58 PM »

I'm wondering if, based on who's at the broadcast controls, there's any chance (if things get really bad for liberty down the road) of the feds drawing up "treasonish" charges...particularly since this is ("someone else's") state-run media.  The way I envision this (perhaps slim) chance of happening is when Adam reports something that makes the State Department squirm (which is obviously something we'd otherwise look forward to, I'm sure.)

Russia Today has an office in DC.  Americans work there for Russia Today.  They do that right now.  American Russia Today workers travel around America covering stories.  Though, I guess it is possible.  There may be no limit to what a government could/would do.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Russia Today gives U.S. liberty activist a top slot

// ]]>

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 32 queries.