Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ron Paul won't beat Obama because Americans will get afraid
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ron Paul won't beat Obama because Americans will get afraid  (Read 14599 times)

lucidhawk

• View Profile

Afraid of REAL change.

However, I think Ron stands a much higher chance this time of winning the Republican nomination.

Aren't people generally wising up a little after the past 10 years?

I mean look at his closest competition.
Mitt Romney??!!
What an Asshat!

Obama in a standoff versus Ron Paul means A lot of people opened to the ideas of liberty.

Thoughts?

"The arguments that were used to perpetuate slavery are identical to the arguments that are used to perpetuate the existence of the state."

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Ron Paul won't beat Obama because Americans will get afraid
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »

I just want my Little Debbies fudge rounds to be big again.

Ron Paul?

Well, we'll just have to wait and see. Lots can happen between now and then.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 11:47:09 PM »

This is why when you compare direct democracy to a republic, the republic is more stable, and the democracy is utter shit. Its because you can't trust the uneducated majority of people to make decisions. Look at the electorate quality we had before women could vote.

Was it better before?

Without a doubt!

Letting blacks vote too stripped the elitism from voting, and lowered the value of any one vote. Now our entire electorate is filled with a bunch of mouth-breathing tards elected by other mouth breathing tards and the rest of us can't do anything about it because we live in a democracy, and not a republic.

As much as I would love to see Ron Paul as president, I wont because there is no way in hell he will win. The majority of our country likes things the way they are. They are only upset when the big government they get is not the big government they wanted. Political forces are entrenched. He would first have to stand up against Republicans who want more big government and higher taxes. He'd lose in the first round. Remember when he went up against Guiliani and fought rhetoric with logic?

The audience loved the shit out of the rhetoric.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 12:27:14 AM »

This is why when you compare direct democracy to a republic, the republic is more stable, and the democracy is utter shit. Its because you can't trust the uneducated majority of people to make decisions. Look at the electorate quality we had before women could vote.

Was it better before?

Without a doubt!

Letting blacks vote too stripped the elitism from voting, and lowered the value of any one vote. Now our entire electorate is filled with a bunch of mouth-breathing tards elected by other mouth breathing tards and the rest of us can't do anything about it because we live in a democracy, and not a republic.

As much as I would love to see Ron Paul as president, I wont because there is no way in hell he will win. The majority of our country likes things the way they are. They are only upset when the big government they get is not the big government they wanted. Political forces are entrenched. He would first have to stand up against Republicans who want more big government and higher taxes. He'd lose in the first round. Remember when he went up against Guiliani and fought rhetoric with logic?

I agree with you about Ron not having a chance. Call me a pessimist or whatever, but I can't see it happening for the foreseeable future.

You mentioned the futility of Ron going against the entrenched GOP. Good luck. The leaders are every bit as bad as the entrenched Dems. John Boehner will compromise and roll over every time Obama sneezes.

IMO, the empire has a ways to go before things really get bad. At that point, it seems a Ron Paul figure OR a brutal, demagogic, populist dictator will rise to power.

I hope it happens after I'm gone, because history tells me which figure it will most likely be and I don't want to be around then.

AbstractVagabond

• Mind Navigator
  • He sees you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:00:17 AM »

I'll third this. Ron Paul has no chance, but if he's to accomplish anything, it's to see who grabs the ball Ron leaves to take to the next steps. He was never the answer. Only the ignition.

For the majority, yes, none of them believe in freedom or liberty or change. All they believe in is dominion. They believe in oppression, in dictatorship. George W Bush said two very wise things if used in the right context. One was that it would be a lot easier if it was a dictatorship as long as he was the dictator. And the majority in this country loves dictatorships as long as they're the dictators. As long as they're the oppressors. "Don't tell me what to do, but I have the right to tell you what to do." The other is when he called the constitution a goddamn piece of paper. Ok, he was close. The constitution is a whore, actually. But in one way he was right since the majority don't believe in it. He shouldn't be, but what good would arguing that do in such an elitist society?
Insert soapbox here.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 11:52:59 AM »

Just for some perspective - The vast majority of people don't even know who the hell Ron Paul is.

Vast majority.

I totally get that if you're still a sucker and believe you can change the system by being part of the system he'd probably be the best person to vote for, but it's a sucker's game.

If you participate you've lost. Ron Paul won't save you. Rand Paul won't save you. X won't save you. PROTIP- A politician won't save you.

Government is radioactive. It will give you cancer. Don't go near it.

*Sigh*
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 12:02:19 PM »

If, by some microscopic chance, Dr Paul wins the Republican primary it virtually guarantees Obama getting re-elected.  He is too big a threat to all the Entitlement programs.  Any one either on an Entitlement program or with a close family member on an Entitlement program will vote against him.  That would include Public service unions, welfare, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, SS, section 8 housing, and who knows how many additional "services".  Yeah I know in theory Public unions and SS aren't Entitlements but you can bet the Dems will tell the sheeple they are just as threatened.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyLlVClG-hM[/youtube]

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »

If, by some microscopic chance, Dr Paul wins the Republican primary it virtually guarantees Obama getting re-elected.  He is too big a threat to all the Entitlement programs.  Any one either on an Entitlement program or with a close family member on an Entitlement program will vote against him.  That would include Public service unions, welfare, food stamps, medicare, medicaid, SS, section 8 housing, and who knows how many additional "services".  Yeah I know in theory Public unions and SS aren't Entitlements but you can bet the Dems will tell the sheeple they are just as threatened.

The Road to Serfdom. People will not settle for austerity now. Look at Greece.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »

Made this earlier today.

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 10:52:16 PM »

I totally get that if you're still a sucker and believe you can change the system by being part of the system he'd probably be the best person to vote for, but it's a sucker's game.

If you participate you've lost. Ron Paul won't save you. Rand Paul won't save you. X won't save you. PROTIP- A politician won't save you.

I have not voted since 2000. I refuse to give the system legitimacy by participating.

Since then I have just been an avid observer and commentator of the folly of government, and feel much better for it. It was like taking a huge weight off my shoulders.

You are right of course, Ron Paul, nor anyone else can "save" the nation. None the less, I will take less government -- or even less growth -- if offered.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 11:19:55 PM »

Ron is a nice guy. I just like to watch him speak to the clueless masses at the debates. Thats my only motivation for supporting the guy, not in hopes he can pull off some amazing Superman act and reform/fix government.

I watched that debate last night and they asked him about his stance of legalizing weed, cocaine, heroin.......his reply........

"Ok, if they legalized heroin, how many people in this room would run out and start shooting up just because they legalized it?" then mockingly said "I dont wanna use heroin so I need these laws!!!"

Lots of applause and lots of laughs. It was fun to watch people in the audience nodding and looking at each other in suprise, as if they never really thought about it that way.

I for one am glad he's out there doing that.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 02:01:30 AM »

Ron is a nice guy.

This is a second hand quote from a fairly reliable source - (Prolly early 90's or so)

*whispering voice in hallway after speech*

"Well, what we really need to do is get the blacks off of welfare." - Ron Paul

Technically it's first hand, but hearing it from me makes it second hand.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 04:03:25 AM »

Ron is a nice guy.

This is a second hand quote from a fairly reliable source - (Prolly early 90's or so)

He's right.  We need to get the Whites, Browns, Yellows and Reds off welfare too.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 04:42:05 AM »

Ron is a nice guy.

That's a great point  :D
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ron Paul won't beat Obama because Americans will get afraid

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.