Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ron Paul's FSP Endorsement on Wikipedia
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ron Paul's FSP Endorsement on Wikipedia  (Read 4829 times)

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
Ron Paul's FSP Endorsement on Wikipedia
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »

Someone should add Ron Paul's endorsement of the Free State Project to his main Wikipedia page so that more people will learn of it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:44:56 PM by MobileDigit »
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Alex Libman

Re: Ron Paul's FSP Endorsment on Wikipedia
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:29:20 PM »

Don't look at me, I'm banned for calling global warming a hoax...

(And, no, I will not edit anonymously.  I'll wait until the weight of missing out on countless 1000s of things I could have contributed to Wikipedia overwhelms them and they publicly apologize.  Yes sir, any day now...)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:32:16 PM by Alex Libman »

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
Re: Ron Paul's FSP Endorsement on Wikipedia
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 11:45:16 PM »

(And, no, I will not edit anonymously.  I'll wait until the weight of missing out on countless 1000s of things I could have contributed to Wikipedia overwhelms them and they publicly apologize.  Yes sir, any day now...)

Ah, come on. You know you want to.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul's FSP Endorsment on Wikipedia
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:24:39 AM »

Don't look at me, I'm banned for calling global warming a hoax...

Seriously? Banned for that? Or is there more to the story?

Sounds like they need competition. How about "Truthepedia". Or - if one is lazy like me - H2G2.com (The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy)?
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Alex Libman

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 05:59:39 AM »

There's more to the story - after failing to win the argument that "List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming" is a biased article title, I've maliciously renamed it to "List of scientists opposing the Global Warming hoax".  Twice.

Well, anyway, their loss.  And my gain, because I would have wasted a lot of time over the years fixing vandalism, typos, and errors I encounter pretty much daily on my Watchlist.  The "let someone else do it" philosophy is very important when dealing with open source projects - why waste your own time when someone can waste theirs instead?  ;)

I like just being a lurker in some things...  I've been a lurker on this BBS for a while before signing up a year and a half ago too...

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 04:06:06 AM »

I like just being a lurker in some things...  I've been a lurker on this BBS for a while before signing up a year and a half ago too...

How long were you a lurker?

I registered just a few days after subscribing to Free Talk Live. I thought it was a good show. I didn't post or go back until after listening to FTL for a few months though.

Alex Libman

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »

Hard to say, because my interest has accelerated gradually.  Not more than a year, with regular lurking period of a few weeks.  Then I decided to engage myself to the FSP and started AMP`ing FTL.  The engagement has been called off though...  ;)

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 03:14:48 PM »

When are you going to start AMPing again?

Alex Libman

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 03:40:17 PM »

I can't stand mediocrity or centrism.  Either I love something or I don't.  I can't just AMP a small amount like normal people, and I just don't feel the same way about FSP / FTL as I used to...

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »

I can't stand mediocrity or centrism.  Either I love something or I don't.  I can't just AMP a small amount like normal people, and I just don't feel the same way about FSP / FTL as I used to...

Come on, FTL is a great investment for liberty!

jimmed

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 03:47:51 PM »

Sakal/CAI certainly thinks so.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 03:48:14 PM »

Do you?

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 03:51:34 PM »

jimmed

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 04:02:05 PM »

Do you?

I think using government airwaves to spread your message is a bit hypocritical.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 05:07:58 PM »

Why do you say that?

Do you?
I think using government airwaves to spread your message is a bit hypocritical.

Consider this:

The airwaves should be treated like any other finite resource that has a definable area of influence. Radio really is just an extradimensional resource supply. And because property rights are based on improvements, changes, and exclamation of ownership, if you are the first to put up a radio station you own the right to stop others from destroying your signal inside your range. That means that just like how grocery stores are competitive, along with every other type of business, radio stations could be the same way. They would be able to legitimately shut down any violators of their radio property rights.

Another view that opposes my argument of radio as an extradimensional resource supply is to look at this like shutting down people's pirate stations is itself aggressive, and is a violation of physical property rights. However, my sophistication allows for an increase of technological development that inevitably occurs whenever rational yet evolving minds collate together and advance toward the future. The technological development that is our society occurs whenever property rights based on original appropriation are followed. In other words, if you disagree with my sophistication, society will pass you by anyway, obey my correct objective morality, and realize that original appropriation of radio is legitimate. Your morality will be outdated, and will fade away as believers pass on, just as it has done again and again, from Zeus to Thor.

Thus, because of being seen as aggressive action, violations of radio property rights would be handled by private dispute resolution organizations, and we would be a lot better off.

I don't know how difficult it would be to get rid of the FCC, but as far as I know they don't do that much in the way of helping the medium of radio.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ron Paul's FSP Endorsement on Wikipedia

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.