Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich

Poll

Your comments?

He should go to jail.
- 6 (30%)
He should pay restitution.
- 10 (50%)
He's innocent.
- 4 (20%)
Legalize kiddy-rape.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich  (Read 5247 times)

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »

This would not have happened if the FSP had picked the Canton of Zug :P

fatcat

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 02:26:14 PM »

The "victim" has stated that she doesn't want Polanski to be prosecuted, what else is the to talk about in terms of what should happen to Polanksi?

As far as decline of Swiss sovereignty/Switzerland succumbing to outside pressures, the Schengen treaty agreements are far more worrying than some celebrity pedophile case.

Worst of which are restrictions on Switzerlands ability to regulate its own firearms laws, and privacy of banking.

I'd be interested to see a precedent of Cantonian law contradicting Schengen to see what steps would be taken to enforce it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:32:32 PM by fatcat »

Dewars

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »

The "victim" has stated that she doesn't want Polanski to be prosecuted, what else is the to talk about?

The victim (why the quote marks?) has asked that the charges be dropped because she's tired of the press hounding her and her family.

Samantha Geimer, 45, filed a legal declaration Monday asking that the charge against Polanski be dismissed in the interest of saving her from further trauma as the case is publicized anew.

Now a wife and mother of three children, Geimer said that the insistence by prosecutors and the court that Polanski must appear in person to seek dismissal "is a joke, a cruel joke being played on me."

How would you like it if you had to keep explaining to your kids why the press keeps posting gory details about the night the famous guy drugged you and raped you?

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 03:43:15 PM »

Samantha Geimer, 45, filed a legal declaration Monday asking that the charge against Polanski be dismissed in the interest of saving her from further trauma as the case is publicized anew.

Now a wife and mother of three children, Geimer said that the insistence by prosecutors and the court that Polanski must appear in person to seek dismissal "is a joke, a cruel joke being played on me."

How would you like it if you had to keep explaining to your kids why the press keeps posting gory details about the night the famous guy drugged you and raped you?

Yeah, that's pretty F'd up. If they want to go after the guy for fleeing prosecution, or whatever, then they should leave that poor woman out of it.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

fatcat

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 06:11:53 PM »

The "victim" has stated that she doesn't want Polanski to be prosecuted, what else is the to talk about?

The victim (why the quote marks?) has asked that the charges be dropped because she's tired of the press hounding her and her family.

I used the quotation marks because its not the actual person involved who wants prosecution. The government is going after the prosecution in the name of the "victim", even though that person doesn't want any action to be taken.

I fail to see how you can carry the name of the "victim" to do something they don't want. Or maybe what your suggesting is that she'd really like to see him prosecuted but doesn't want to because of media pressure.

A crime is an act between 2 or more people, if that person doesn't want restitution, I see no place for anyone to be handing out arbitrary punishment that will in no way benefit the victim.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »

I doubt any of ya are Psychic TV fans, but anyway..

[youtube=425,350]oGz9WTqCOj0[/youtube]

..couldn't find the regular version.

Roman you are, Roman you be
Roman in your history
Roman in your victory
Roman in your destiny

[Chorus:]
Are you free, are you really free?
Are you really, really, really, really, really free?
Is it you or is it me?
Or is it simply history?
Are you free, are you really free?
Are you really, really, really, really, really free?
Is it you or is it me?
Or is it simply jealousy?

Sharon walks alone as your wife
Sharon gives her life for a knife
Sharon floating high up above
Sighing, crying, dying below

[Bridge 1:]
Oh, oh Roman, oh Roman
Roman P.

[Chorus]

Life of money, life of sex
Life of money, life of hex
Little girls drinking and eating of cake
Little girls gorge you, your greatest mistake

The corrupter you are
The corruptor you be
The corrupter you are
The corruptor you see

The corrupter you are
The corruptor you be
The corrupter you are
The corruptor is ME!
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 02:37:31 PM »

If I were running the legal system, all rape except what we would call "statutory" would be punished by immediate execution.

The Holy Domina's justice is swift and fair.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Dewars

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 10:27:03 PM »

Fuck him.

I take it then that you don't agree with the poll results above which show that most of the people here who voted think that rich guys can drug and rape whoever they want as long as they cut a check to the victim?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 36 queries.