Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.  (Read 39812 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2008, 12:41:34 AM »

I'm sure.  It's not about much more than the fact that I already know them.  I'd just like to be able to be pretty much anonymous.  You know, wipe the slate clean kind of thing. 

You can never wipe your social slate clean. You will always be affected in some way by your experiences. And you'll lose your anonymity instantly, no matter where you are.

Actually, my plan was just not to tell people anything about myself.  They don't need to know.  Those who I may become close with, is something different, and even then not a lot would be revealed.  I'm tired of re-living the past all the time.  I'd like to focus on the present and scarily enough right now, my future. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2008, 08:23:13 AM »

I'm sure.  It's not about much more than the fact that I already know them.  I'd just like to be able to be pretty much anonymous.  You know, wipe the slate clean kind of thing. 

You can never wipe your social slate clean. You will always be affected in some way by your experiences. And you'll lose your anonymity instantly, no matter where you are.

Actually, my plan was just not to tell people anything about myself.  They don't need to know.  Those who I may become close with, is something different, and even then not a lot would be revealed.  I'm tired of re-living the past all the time.  I'd like to focus on the present and scarily enough right now, my future. 

Whatever you do, don't change your name to Henry Hill. 

Well, there goes my weekend plans. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2008, 08:43:57 AM »

If it were a community college in another state, maybe.  But any of the ones around here are going to be filled with people I went to high school with.  I'm not interested in that. 

I don't blame you in the slightest.  When I was searching for a college, nothing within the state was in consideration.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »

If it were a community college in another state, maybe.  But any of the ones around here are going to be filled with people I went to high school with.  I'm not interested in that.

I don't blame you in the slightest.  When I was searching for a college, nothing within the state was in consideration.

Thank you!  Unfortunately I'll have to stay in the state, since loans and such are covering it all, and it will be much easier to pay back.  Also, I have a scholarship from the state of Florida for 75% of my tuition.  Well, I did.  We'll see if it's still there.  I have to get some paperwork in order and make some phone calls. 
         -George W. Bush

NHArticleTen

« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »

Thank you!  Unfortunately I'll have to stay in the state, since loans and such are covering it all, and it will be much easier to pay back.  Also, I have a scholarship from the state of Florida for 75% of my tuition.  Well, I did.  We'll see if it's still there.  I have to get some paperwork in order and make some phone calls. 

what, you're not covered by the bailout

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2008, 08:49:49 AM »

Haha.  I have no idea.  They use the money they tax from the state lottery for these scholarships in Florida. 
         -George W. Bush

NHArticleTen

« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2008, 09:43:38 AM »

Haha.  I have no idea.  They use the money they tax from the state lottery for these scholarships in Florida. 

let's start a thread on gambling and how the state attempts to run the only "legitimate" games in town...or at least get in on the action in states that "permit" gambling...

just another way to fleece the sheeple

ali-cat

« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2008, 01:33:08 PM »

I have a paranoid streak in me. 

This paranoid streak tells me to be wary of him for one of the two following reasons:

• He is operating in a stool pigeon capacity, a subversive agent for the 'other side' who positions himself as a radical in order to attract and befriend people who have opinions similar to the ones he portrays in this arena.  He got himself in a whole shitload of trouble somewhere, and was flipped like a rat.  And he's terrible at it.  But as terrible as he may be at his task, he has the inroads unavailable to his handlers, and is wacky enough to produce results and some intel by association.

• He is dangerously off his rocker, and would make a suitable candidate for Lee Harvey Oswald training.  This place is, for certain, monitored by feds (if not penetrated).  They will have noticed this trait and will no doubt pay attention to his activities, which puts him back into the above category but without his direct willing participation.

Either way, he's toxic. 

i have long wondered who the stool pidgeon in the freedom movement is. maybe there's more than one. but have you read the moon is a harsh mistress?? good book, and an interesting concept, esp the part about not being able to trust anyone but a choice few with the whole picture.

Riddler

« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2008, 03:27:59 PM »

let's start a thread on gambling and how the state attempts to run the only "legitimate" games in town...or at least get in on the action in states that "permit" gambling...

just another way to fleece the sheeple

i wrote a letter to the ed. in a local paper,blasting the state liquor commission a while back, after a prolonged 'sting' operation that resulted in a raid on the local vfw.
these 'heroes' championed themselves over the shut-down of an illegal gambling operation = poker machines....big fucking deal.
they went on to cast the club as predatory because people were 'spending their paychecks' on the machines, yet, in the other room, legal, state-sanctioned scratch tickets & pull-tabs are perfectly acceptable, as the state gets to wet its beak.
also, non-predatory,$30-a-shot scratch tickets are available at every liquor store in the state. as though you couldn't squander a paycheck on those fucking things.
their hypocrisy knows no bounds
the great

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »

I don't think I'm explaining myself well enough. You constantly relive your past because your reactions are constantly reshaped by your experiences. Thus, you're still kinda hanging out with your friends from high school when you're in college. Your malleability decreases over time, as well.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2008, 08:01:45 PM »

I don't think I'm explaining myself well enough. You constantly relive your past because your reactions are constantly reshaped by your experiences. Thus, you're still kinda hanging out with your friends from high school when you're in college. Your malleability decreases over time, as well.

Its like a numerical average.  if you averaged a 5 for the past 20 years, then start hitting 8's into it, eventually you're not a 5 no more. 

However, for the first year or two, you're still damn close to being a 5. 

The only immediate effect of location change is culture shock. 

Yeah.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Taors

« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2008, 01:39:07 AM »

Plus, she'll still be fat. It'll be like high school all over again.

ali-cat

« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »

I have a paranoid streak in me. 

This paranoid streak tells me to be wary of him for one of the two following reasons:

• He is operating in a stool pigeon capacity, a subversive agent for the 'other side' who positions himself as a radical in order to attract and befriend people who have opinions similar to the ones he portrays in this arena.  He got himself in a whole shitload of trouble somewhere, and was flipped like a rat.  And he's terrible at it.  But as terrible as he may be at his task, he has the inroads unavailable to his handlers, and is wacky enough to produce results and some intel by association.

• He is dangerously off his rocker, and would make a suitable candidate for Lee Harvey Oswald training.  This place is, for certain, monitored by feds (if not penetrated).  They will have noticed this trait and will no doubt pay attention to his activities, which puts him back into the above category but without his direct willing participation.

Either way, he's toxic. 

i have long wondered who the stool pidgeon in the freedom movement is. maybe there's more than one. but have you read the moon is a harsh mistress?? good book, and an interesting concept, esp the part about not being able to trust anyone but a choice few with the whole picture.

No, I've never read that book.  Thats the kind of stuff I go for, though.  I use stuff like that as a palate cleanser between classics.  Gives me a dark chuckle.

Moving on...  Yeah, the stool pigeon.  I have a few theories on this, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was an actual informant placed within the community.  A mole, in intelligence gathering parlance.  Due to the nature of your organization, it would be extremely easy to penetrate the Project.  You welcome outsiders with open arms, from far away, and some of those people tend to be "fringe" personalities who might shy away from the details of their 'previous life'. 

Not to be unflattering, but you guys (as a whole) are kind of low on the radar, meaning not considered a significant threat of physical danger and/or violence.  You'd be watched for long term plans, annoyance protests, tax evasion, minor drug traffic...  and most importantly, heres where you actually are deemed worthy of investigation, being used as a shelter for terror.  As easily as you could be penetrated by an agent of law, you could be penetrated by a hostile goofball (i.e. "terrorist") who would use your connections and activities as a pre-formed network to operate within.  Of course, you wouldn't willingly have an actual terrorist hanging around with a camel parked outside Taproom Tuesday.  I'm talking about a rogue Tim McVeigh. 

If I could spot that potential, the feds could.  And that would be the most likely reason for them to put an agent "on the ground." 

If it wasn't for that potential misuse of your organization, you could be monitored online with a fair amount of online intelligence gathering.  You guys communicate on open channels without any consideration of law enforcement monitoring.  The percentage of participants not on-line is negligible, they can be seen photographed and identified at the events, their address cataloged from simple research like the DMV and periodic checks to see if that car is in the driveway at the listed address.

The field agent assigned to your activities would be about 26 y/o, probably female, single, and have an entry level white collar job to account for relatively decent living accommodations, although a trust fund college student is not unlikely.  Probably lives alone, and drives a car that won't break down. 

that's kind of what i was thinking, as far as being low on the radar. but i have considered all of the things you mentioned. it's one of the reasons i didn't sign up for so long, but then i figured that since my husband was online they would figure it out in no time. you should really read the moon is a harsh mistress.
i'm a big fan of the classics  :D

Riddler

« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »

pointless bump of dead thread is pointless

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2009, 10:41:39 AM »

Goddammit why is there so much drama here? Who the hell cares? I've honestly never seen any bitch as much as they do around here
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.