Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.  (Read 39830 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2008, 05:18:04 PM »

Hey did anyone else notice the sexual-fucking-tension in here?

I'm not being too subtle am I?

What are you talking about?

It's multi-layered irony.

Only if people know what you're talking about.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

BonerJoe

« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »

Yep.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2008, 05:21:26 PM »

No, it's still ironic. It's just I'm the only one amused by it, I guess.

My problem is that it seemed that you were implying that I was in some way unfaithful to my wife, and I wanted to see you say it explicitly, so I'd have a good reason to lay into you.

So I asked for clarification, which you've refused to give.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Riddler

« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »

wussup boner, she your bitch now?

(no offense linds, but i bet you could do better)

Please don't chime in unless you understand the subtext of the conversation.

He was being sarcastic. It was an inside joke.

easy guy.
i'm playin fuckaround.
sorry i crashed your little party

Riddler

« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »

maybe it's me.
or is js a little fucking cliquey here?

blackie

« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2008, 08:40:02 PM »

Where isn't?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2008, 10:49:37 PM »

I have to say that I believe words in and of themselves are harmless.  Words when spoken are only a series of sounds.  It is the person speaking them and the connotation he or she decides to assign to the series of sounds that makes it what it is.  And you as the listener (or reader, in this case) can choose to be offended or not offended by the word.  All of these words we use now, all around the world came from nothing.  There was a time when none of them existed, and there will be a time when the words we consider taboo now are no longer taboo, but commonly used words.

You should go to community college. 

That's mean.   :(

Yeah.  It was. 

Why? It'd be a step up for her.

Its an ongoing theme.  Theres also a hint of irony that she's writing about the meaninglessness of a word, when another word evokes strong repercussions and emotion by association.  She would not be ashamed to be called a nigger if she were black, but would be ashamed to attend a credited learning institute. 

I personally don't care one way or another, it just amused me to draw the parallel and see the reaction. 

I never, EVER said I would be ashamed.  I said it wasn't what I wanted.  I don't see why that has to be disrespected. 

It's an experience, really.  I want to be able to go to school and live on campus, and have that experience.  At least for now I get up and go to work and bust my ass every day.  It's been an experience.  I'm ready for another. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2008, 11:55:21 PM »

I never, EVER said I would be ashamed.  I said it wasn't what I wanted.  I don't see why that has to be disrespected. 

MM-hmm. 

I WILL NOT ATTEND COMMUNITY COLLEGE.  NOT EVEN IF YOU PAID ME.  IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. 

I'm just not seeing it in there.  Sorry.  I don't really care what other people think.  I'm going to do what gives me pleasure. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

JWI

« Reply #158 on: September 27, 2008, 12:00:13 AM »

I'm going to do what gives me pleasure. 

Pics?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 27, 2008, 12:26:10 AM »

You clearly gave the impression its beneath you, and the people who go there are the morons you attended school with, highschool +1. 

Again, I don't care.  Thats not what this is about.  But if that WAS your only choice, you would most likely not attend, when the degree is the primary goal to elevate your earning potential.  Which it absolutely WOULD do.  Lindsey with a degree is worth more in the job market than Lindsey without a degree.  Thats a fact.  And if you charted your opinion on attending, if thats where you attended, 1 to 10...   1 being embarrassed and 10 being proud, (5 being neutral) you've given every indication that you'd rate it a 1. 

If it were a community college in another state, maybe.  But any of the ones around here are going to be filled with people I went to high school with.  I'm not interested in that.  I'm sorry if what you think isn't exactly the case.  In a way, maybe I do think I'm above it.  But only because I don't need it.  I guess if I needed to go to a community college in order to be accepted to a four-year university, the tables would be turned.  But I don't.  So why not just skip over it and get down to what needs to happen? 
         -George W. Bush

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2008, 12:29:02 AM »

You clearly gave the impression its beneath you, and the people who go there are the morons you attended school with, highschool +1. 

Again, I don't care.  Thats not what this is about.  But if that WAS your only choice, you would most likely not attend, when the degree is the primary goal to elevate your earning potential.  Which it absolutely WOULD do.  Lindsey with a degree is worth more in the job market than Lindsey without a degree.  Thats a fact.  And if you charted your opinion on attending, if thats where you attended, 1 to 10...   1 being embarrassed and 10 being proud, (5 being neutral) you've given every indication that you'd rate it a 1. 

If it were a community college in another state, maybe.  But any of the ones around here are going to be filled with people I went to high school with.  I'm not interested in that.  I'm sorry if what you think isn't exactly the case.  In a way, maybe I do think I'm above it.  But only because I don't need it.  I guess if I needed to go to a community college in order to be accepted to a four-year university, the tables would be turned.  But I don't.  So why not just skip over it and get down to what needs to happen? 

Look Lindsey, fucking Cornell is filled with people you went to high school with, they're just more self-impressed.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2008, 12:31:06 AM »

Look Lindsey, fucking Cornell is filled with people you went to high school with, they're just more self-impressed.

I'm sure.  It's not about much more than the fact that I already know them.  I'd just like to be able to be pretty much anonymous.  You know, wipe the slate clean kind of thing. 
         -George W. Bush

BonerJoe

« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2008, 12:31:42 AM »

In this thread: wah.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2008, 12:33:04 AM »

In this thread: wah.

Perhaps on your part.  Certainly not on mine.  I'm fairly excited about it, actually.  The very fact that I have the desire to go to a learning institution at all again is exciting in itself. 
         -George W. Bush

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2008, 12:34:33 AM »

I'm sure.  It's not about much more than the fact that I already know them.  I'd just like to be able to be pretty much anonymous.  You know, wipe the slate clean kind of thing. 

You can never wipe your social slate clean. You will always be affected in some way by your experiences. And you'll lose your anonymity instantly, no matter where you are.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.