Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.  (Read 39846 times)

Taors

Re: Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2008, 06:45:29 PM »

Toars....honekykins...what is with this throwing around of that most atrocious word? Do you think that because your avatar is black you can say it? Because really, no one should...it's just such a rude word!

Fuck that shit, nigger.

As a person who has actually been called a "nigger" before...you know, in real life, to my face...I would really like to know why you guys are spewing this word around like this! It really is a bit alarming.

It bugs the crap out of me to see people spew that stuff--a white boy who grew up in a very "multicultural" environment (my first best friend was black, half my teen friends were latino, I dated mostly latina and asian women, and my wife is asian) yet normally hates "political correctness."  It's just plain rude and deliberately offensive of people to do that.  That said, I agree with the famous Lenny Bruce skit, but we're obviously not there yet.

I've tried to make it clear that using "fighting words" associated with ethnicity is unacceptable, but the response itself seems to be what they're after.

Yeah....they want the attention. And now I gave it to them, so now I'm the stupid bitch who played into it when I could have just walked on.

Ugh.

It is in this moment I am remembering why, almost a year ago, I thought it a waste of my time to come here and left. How sad. I like so many people here and this would be such a rad forum were it not for the grouchy, rude teenagers. And so, I guess...whatever. I can find the door.

See you later john Shaw, Kennth and other funny interesting people. To the rest.....have fun changing the world with your awesome attitudes. :)

Too bad, so sad.

Riddler

« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »

Toars....honekykins...what is with this throwing around of that most atrocious word? Do you think that because your avatar is black you can say it? Because really, no one should...it's just such a rude word!

Fuck that shit, nigger.

As a person who has actually been called a "nigger" before...you know, in real life, to my face...I would really like to know why you guys are spewing this word around like this! It really is a bit alarming.

It bugs the crap out of me to see people spew that stuff--a white boy who grew up in a very "multicultural" environment (my first best friend was black, half my teen friends were latino, I dated mostly latina and asian women, and my wife is asian) yet normally hates "political correctness."  It's just plain rude and deliberately offensive of people to do that.  That said, I agree with the famous Lenny Bruce skit, but we're obviously not there yet.

I've tried to make it clear that using "fighting words" associated with ethnicity is unacceptable, but the response itself seems to be what they're after.

Yeah....they want the attention. And now I gave it to them, so now I'm the stupid bitch who played into it when I could have just walked on.

Ugh.

It is in this moment I am remembering why, almost a year ago, I thought it a waste of my time to come here and left. How sad. I like so many people here and this would be such a rad forum were it not for the grouchy, rude teenagers. And so, I guess...whatever. I can find the door.

See you later john Shaw, Kennth and other funny interesting people. To the rest.....have fun changing the world with your awesome attitudes. :)

piss on her
she wants to give jobs to mexicans

NHArticleTen

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2008, 08:08:01 PM »

I know Rob "IRL"...not super well, but well enough to know that he is not a complete lunatic and that he is not a dangerous guy. (Hi Rob!) Now I will speak of you as if you are not here, since that seems to be what we are doing.

Rob actually is one of the most misunderstood people I have met in my life due to the following:

1. He is insanely stubborn. (Rob, you know this, so cool it)

2. I think he suffers a similar thought disorder to the one that I was once diagnosed as struggling with. It is not a super big deal, but it can hinder communication. If you notice his speech patterns indicate that he is rarely actually focused on the thought he is expressing...thoughts move quickly, sometimes in a circular fashion. He just has an active mind, he is thinking a lot of things, all at once. I think, he often has many thoughts in his head at one time and is trying to express them all at once...the result is incredibly disjointed, redundant, speechy/preechy looooooong winded communications. (Rob, I'm allowed to say those things because I have the EXACT same problem!) It has taken me a long time to get to a point where I can focus on one thought and express it well. This continues to be hard for me when I am excited or angered, etc....I have to remember to settle myself down and slow my thoughts.

3. His style of writing is not suited for the interwebs...seriously. Rob comes off as being a pretty weird guy on the internet...but really, he is just writing in the exact way that he speaks...and it just doesn't come off well.

He really is not a "nut job"...or at least, not any more a nutjob than most of us. I mean, we all have our quirks, obsessions, etc. Rob feels really really strongly about the Principles of Non Agression...and when he goes off in describing what it means he can tend to go on and on (Rob, in all fairness I HAVE told you that!) and if you don't keep up closely with the conversation you can kind of lose some of it and sort of "come to" right in the middle of the part where he describes his feelings about using force and it can make him sound like a violent guy...but really, REALLY, the point of it is that he does not believe that anyone has the right to use force against anyone else, unprevoked. It's just that his definitions of "force" and "prevokation" are sometimes a little more intense.

I haven't seen Rob in like....an eternity, so it's possible that he's been on some sort of downward spiral and is completely insane now...but I feel like I would have heard about that at some point, from somebody! So, I'm going to go with what he has been since I've known him: Misunderstood, heavily judged and really completely innocent of most judgements laid against him.

Oh, and the reason he seems to be a COMPLETE lunatic when engaged in a fight on the internet, is because he is really crappy at "off the cuff" communications in intense situations. (Rob, whether you feel this or not...it is what I have observed.) He enjoys choosing his words wisely, he can sometimes misspeak or talk in circles when he doesn't have time to mull things over.

Plus, did I mention he is ridiculously stubborn? :)

BTW, Hello John Shaw. I haven't been here in like...a year, good to see you around!

I'm exactly the same as I was that day at the coffee shop...no better, no worse...

and yes, as a matter of fact, I'm still wishing it was that other world...

better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all...

no one will ever know me as well as you, definitely...

XO

Russell Griswold

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2008, 08:24:58 PM »

Martha...

The gooks here are really gettin' on my nerves...

The bamboo cage isn't too bad this morning...

We got fed some leaves...

I'm making notches with my teeth of how many days I've been here...

I miss the musk of your panties...

The napalm fireworks here are really beautiful...

They remind me of your eyes...

I really hope you aren't fucking the milkman again...

Speaking of fucking...

I'm remembering the panties musk again...

Yours in captivity...

Major Jizz McClaniclan...

NHArticleTen

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2008, 08:29:49 PM »

Martha...

The gooks here are really gettin' on my nerves...

The bamboo cage isn't too bad this morning...

We got fed some leaves...

I'm making notches with my teeth of how many days I've been here...

I miss the musk of your panties...

The napalm fireworks here are really beautiful...

They remind me of your eyes...

I really hope you aren't fucking the milkman again...

Speaking of fucking...

I'm remembering the panties musk again...

Yours in captivity...

Major Jizz McClaniclan...

ROTFLMAOTIPMP

Russell Griswold

Riddler

« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2008, 08:35:16 PM »

Fuck that shit, nigger.

I mean....you either are using the word because you like it for it's original meaning...which would make you racist, which would make you a shit head...or you are one of these "I can use the word because to me it means something other than it's original meaning" - which is stupid. Because the word DOES mean something. It is a derogatory word meant to degrade and humiliate.

But maybe I'll try things your way. From now on, I think that the word 'mango' should mean mindless, poison spewing, shitbag attention whore.

Why, Squish, fancy meeting you here...when's the last time I told you you are the fucking king mango?

No, I'm a person who understands that language is a fluent entity that only carries connotations that people ascribe to it. I curse a lot, and not because my vocabulary is poor or any qualifier for my lexical ability for that matter, I curse to desensitise people to it. Why? Because the idea that people should be offended by a fucking word pisses me off.

So, yeah, I say "nigger." My best mate's half cast, I say it to him, he laughs. I'm not kidding. It's. A. Fucking. Word. You chose to be offended by it, every time you pussyfoot about that word or are offended by it, you give it power. Why would you want to give something you hate so much power?

If the word no longer carries the connotations you ascribe to it, then it's no longer a weapon of hate; no longer a thing to be concerned of. It'll either be used casually, which will no longer matter, or will fade into obscurity as it's powerless.

So, here's my challenge to you; next time you see that word, or any word that offends you: Laugh. Please.

You know....I enjoy language. I love writing, I love speaking...I love conversation. I sometimes speak well and sometimes have a mouth that sounds like a cross between a sailor and a hooker in jail. There is no word that I hate...not even the word in question, really...but a few that I choose not to use. I'll tell you why.

In this era of "PCness" language and etiquette have been so damaged. What was once witty wordsmithing, is now offensive. What once was uncouth is now hilarious because it is so inappropriate. So, I see you describe your usage of an utterly useless word as a backlash against the "PC" era...an attempt at desensitizing the people around you to such a word. My question for you....why do you need to hear the word so badly? I mean, your goal in saying it is take the sting out of it, to make it a word like any other....and this is the problem with this stupid, stupid generation. Why can't we have a bad word that shouldn't be said? Why can't we respect the history of a word? It is not to give it power, to never say it. It is to respect it's own heritage.

Whatever. It;s not that I hate the word. I'm a half black woman who looks ambiguously ethnic at best. I was raised in very diverse places, but still in middle class white neighborhoods. I don't have a long history of being ground down or picked on for my heritage and I won't pretend that I know very much about the black culture in our country....but when some kids in my neighborhood found out that my dad (who is a practical stranger to me) is black, and spit on me for it and called me "nigger girl" all the way to elementary school every day until I finally told my mother and she made me change schools...well, it really hurt me. It wasn't about the word. It was about people who used it to try to make me feel small. To try and make me feel less than. Trying to make me seem less relevant.

No black person here was ever a slave. No white person here ever enslaved anyone. I don't think we owe it to anyone living to not say that word....I think we owe it to the past. We owe it to people who did legitimately fucking struggle, to put the damn thing to rest. There is no purpose for the rehabilitation of such a word. <-- This is my real point. It's not like the word Fuck, which can be used in most any way imaginable. It isn't the word Slut, Cunt, Bastard...all of these words can be used in many different contexts and can be very funny. But Nigger?

Nigger means boy, gal, animal on two legs. It means MY Property. It means, you eat what I throw out the back door, scraps from my table. It means, you may not vote, I will rape you and you will give birth to my children and you don't have a say. It means, you are light skinned, so you can work in my house. It means, You are dark skinned and ugly to me and must work outside. It means, I have ultimate power over you and I will take you wherever I please, I will ensure that your people are kept in cages. It means, you can die and no one will care. It is a reminder of a burden that an entire race of people had to carry for the simple fact that they were of different color. It means Don't forget your place. It just sucks.

So whatever. Say what you will. Throw out any trash you wish to. But the truth of the matter is, in your effort to toss the "PC" coin out the window...you find yourself on the other side of it. PC is stupid. Throwing out inflammatory words because it makes you mad that people find them inflammatory, is even more stupid.

Have a little respect for the dead, for people who really did hate that word for a very real reason and who really didn't have the option of making it a word not spoken. I'm not asking you to bend to my sensibilities, I'm asking you to use your brain and class it up a bit.

...and another thing;
why are americans constantly brought to task for slavery of africans
the u.s. imported just >>>>>>>>>>>>>5%<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< of the world-wide slave trade.
you want reparations?
bitch to brazil , the various west indies islands (dutch, english, french,netherlands) & europe
they imported the vast majority of africans (most traded by their village elders), but we never hear about these facts.
why?
cuz the race pimps know they won't get a feckin' dime from any of these other countries.
the u.s., in it's p.c., limp-wristed, 'progressive/enlightened'  fashion, falls all over itself to apologize (o.k.) & pay ridiculous reparations, enact affirmative action policies, etc, etc.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2008, 10:09:07 PM »

I have to say that I believe words in and of themselves are harmless.  Words when spoken are only a series of sounds.  It is the person speaking them and the connotation he or she decides to assign to the series of sounds that makes it what it is.  And you as the listener (or reader, in this case) can choose to be offended or not offended by the word.  All of these words we use now, all around the world came from nothing.  There was a time when none of them existed, and there will be a time when the words we consider taboo now are no longer taboo, but commonly used words.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2008, 10:12:15 PM »

I have to say that I believe words in and of themselves are harmless.  Words when spoken are only a series of sounds.  It is the person speaking them and the connotation he or she decides to assign to the series of sounds that makes it what it is.  And you as the listener (or reader, in this case) can choose to be offended or not offended by the word.  All of these words we use now, all around the world came from nothing.  There was a time when none of them existed, and there will be a time when the words we consider taboo now are no longer taboo, but commonly used words.

Oh Lindsey, your mind is like a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2008, 10:13:26 PM »

Oh Lindsey, your mind is like a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Eat me. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2008, 10:14:58 PM »

Eat me. 

Shave it.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2008, 10:17:46 PM »

Eat me. 

Shave it.

I do.   :P
         -George W. Bush

Russell Griswold

« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2008, 10:31:27 PM »

Eat me. 

Shave it.

I do.   :P

I would too. It gets hot in Florida.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2008, 10:32:46 PM »

Rob, who is the fat girl in your avatar pic?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2008, 10:33:34 PM »

You should go to community college. 

That's mean.   :(
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Rob, AKA NHArticleTen, we need to talk, no BS.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 33 queries.