Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Reddit is complete bullshit
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reddit is complete bullshit  (Read 3843 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reddit is complete bullshit
« on: August 22, 2013, 01:35:26 PM »

It gives you this kind of bullshit:

"you are doing that too much. try again in 7 minutes."

Note, that it doesn't tell you what the fuck you're doing that it doesn't like. Looking up the text seems to indicate it's for commenting more frequently than some stupid fuck wants you to.

BTW, this is in response to commenting ON THE FREETALKLIVE SHOW PREP posts.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Reddit is complete bullshit
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »

It's telling you to stop being such an attention whore. More of the Internet should do that. ;)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 02:09:15 PM »

Actually, I found out it wanted me to verify my email address. Funny how it never sent an email asking me to verify my email address until I got around to posting a question to AskReddit.

So, people having this issue--THAT is what the issue is. (Dipshit designers that cannot ask for what they want--big surprise.)

In specific answer to your sarcasm, it was expecting me to wait something like eight minutes between comments. If I read posts in the Show Prep section, I'm going to do it infrequently and spend some time doing it, and I'm likely going to leave more than one comment every eight minutes or so...possibly three in five minutes, or something "abusive" like that.

Once again, Reddit is complete bullshit, and I wouldn't use it at all if it hadn't been sucked into my life via FTL show prep.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:18:32 AM »

Fuck Reddit.  I just gave up show prep.  Mark and Ian talk about market responses - here's my response - I refuse to join Reddit in order to leave or vote for show prep.  If prep ever becomes more user friendly without requiring an outside provider again I will participate again.  If not I will just continue to read only.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 01:11:46 PM »

Fuck Reddit.  I just gave up show prep.  Mark and Ian talk about market responses - here's my response - I refuse to join Reddit in order to leave or vote for show prep.  If prep ever becomes more user friendly without requiring an outside provider again I will participate again.  If not I will just continue to read only.

Maybe you should submit that as show prep.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 09:18:04 PM »

Maybe you should submit that as show prep.

Nah.  I don't need Reddit to participate in the forums.  Honestly most times when I saw something to add as show prep - someone else already added it.  I only used to vote stuff up to get it away from the shopper spam - since that has been almost done away with that isn;t really needed.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:27:23 PM »

I think Reddit is far superior for doing show prep than the Digg/Reddit clone thing that was hacked into the FTL site.  The FTL-hosted prep section was a hot mess and super buggy.  I also haven't experienced many of the "stop doing that" messages from Reddit, but I don't submit a ton of comments all at once very frequently.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »

I think Reddit is far superior for doing show prep than the Digg/Reddit clone thing that was hacked into the FTL site.  The FTL-hosted prep section was a hot mess and super buggy.  I also haven't experienced many of the "stop doing that" messages from Reddit, but I don't submit a ton of comments all at once very frequently.

The point was that I was new to Reddit and had very low privileges, because it didn't ask me to validate my email address, and I bumped up against those low privileges because I might come to the show prep area once a week and do a week's "business" at one time. FYI, that isn't an issue any more.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 10:54:55 PM »

Let's hope you guys don't loose functionality if you get banned/censored like RT did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Reddit is complete bullshit

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.