Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Recipe Thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recipe Thread  (Read 56002 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: Recipe Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2010, 10:27:10 PM »

If I ever eat breakfast, I always drink at least one glass of milk to start. Its just what I do. I weigh 135 and am 6 foot even so take that into consideration on your diet I suppose. I'm eating a couple of tamales and chips/salsa for lunch/dinner right now.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2010, 11:23:41 AM »

Thanks for the link Rill.  I've been buying WF non-organic milk.  I like the organic, but I can't drink a gallon fast enough - and it goes bad in like 3 days if it's in a carton without a screw top!  I'm a 1% drinker myself. 

So...

What's everybody making for Thanksgiving?
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Thread (Working on the title)
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »

Yeah, we make roasted garlic all the time.

& the vampires shall not darken your door

Of course not. Vampires are sparkly now, didn't you get the memo?
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2010, 02:00:41 PM »

I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

yamnuska

« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2010, 05:04:57 AM »

Braised lamb meatballs with yoghurt and herbs.  Serve with couscous or rice. Serves six.

750g minced lamb
2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
20g parsley, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
¾ tsp each ground allspice and cinnamon
70g dried sour cherries, roughly chopped
1 free-range egg
Salt and black pepper
100ml sunflower oil
700g banana shallots, peeled
200ml white wine
500ml chicken stock
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tsp sugar
150g dried figs
200g Greek yoghurt
3 tbsp mixed soft herbs (such as mint, coriander, dill or tarragon), torn roughly

In a large bowl, put the lamb, onions, parsley, garlic, allspice, cinnamon, sour cherries, egg, half a teaspoon of black pepper and a teaspoon of salt. Mix with your hands and roll into rounds about the size of a golf ball.

Heat one-third of the oil in a large, heavy-based pot for which you have a tight-fitting lid. Over medium heat, cook the meatballs a few at a time, turning them around for a few minutes on medium heat, until coloured all over. Remove from the pot and set aside. Repeat with the remaining meatballs.

Wipe the pot clean and add the remaining oil. Add the whole peeled shallots and cook them over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden-brown all over. Pour in the wine, leave it to bubble for a minute or two, then add the stock, bay leaves, thyme, sugar and some salt and pepper.

Arrange the figs and browned meatballs around and about the shallots; the meatballs need to be almost submerged in liquid. Bring to a boil, cover the pot with a lid, reduce the heat to minimum and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for another hour, until the sauce has reduced and intensified in flavour. Taste and season as needed.

Transfer the contents of the pan to a large, deep serving dish. Whisk the yoghurt, pour this over the top, sprinkle with herbs and serve.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Recipe Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 31 queries.