Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Recipe Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Recipe Thread  (Read 56180 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Thread (Working on the title)
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2009, 08:36:57 AM »

I frequently make chicken salad, as I will be doing so this evening - and I use a recipe that my girlfriend's mother uses.  I have ever since the first time she made it for me.  Obviously there's nothing specific here, so just do everything to taste.

Chicken Salad!

Shredded chicken breast (I usually use about a pound and a half or two pounds of chicken breasts)
Mayonnaise (As the Pioneer Woman sez - Miracle Whip is from the devil)
Grapes (Green or purple, doesn't matter.  I will be using both tonight as I need to finish up a bag of one)
Sliced almonds (I sometimes toast mine)
Salt
Pepper
Celery seed (Or if you like celery, use it)
Curry powder

- I like to boil my chicken, but you can certainly bake the chicken breasts and do it that way.
- Combine all ingredients and let it sit in the fridge for a while to meld flavors.  :D
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2009, 11:04:21 AM »

The Rachel

Not really an original recipe, but it's delish

Turkey, Rye bread, French Fries, Cole Slaw, Swiss Cheese, Thousand Island Dressing

Grille or Toast Rye (Grille preferable)
Place Swiss on Rye, Thousand Island on that, Cole slaw on that, Hot turkey on that.

Enjoy.
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2009, 11:58:43 AM »

I make these alot...  :)

Fancy Grilled Cheese Sammiches (makes roughly 2 sammies)

4 slices Italian bread such as ciabatta
1 cup Brie cheese
1/2 pound sliced smoked ham
Butter
3 to 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup roasted red peppers or sun dried tomatoes.

Top the bottom bread slice with the Brie cheese, then the smoked ham, distributing it evenly. Place top of bread on sandwich and brush with butter.

Heat a sandwich grill until hot. Set sandwich, butter side down in grill. Butter top side of bread. Place a heavy pan on top of entire sandwich to evenly distribute weight and cook until nicely browned and the cheese is melted, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.

Transfer the sandwich to a work surface and remove the top slice of bread. Spread the underside of the bread with mustard, and add roasted peppers, if desired.

Replace the top slice of bread, cut the sandwiches into slices, and EAT!
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2009, 12:07:42 PM »

I saw brie in the store the other day. Is it any good?
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2009, 12:14:12 PM »

It's a very very yummy French cheese, similar to goat cheese in texture. It's great with just about anything. It's really soft and best served with other food/fruits (imo).

I suggest you try it if you like cheese of any kind.
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2009, 11:57:57 AM »

It's a very very yummy French cheese, similar to goat cheese in texture. It's great with just about anything. It's really soft and best served with other food/fruits (imo).

I suggest you try it if you like cheese of any kind.

Phew! One thing that has concerned me about moving the US is whether I would be able to get decent cheese. If you still have brie then that is a good sign.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2009, 01:56:20 PM »

Phew! One thing that has concerned me about moving the US is whether I would be able to get decent cheese. If you still have brie then that is a good sign.

I'm pretty sure brie and lesser known cheeses are sold in every major American grocery store. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »

Move to WI if you want fine cheeses.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2009, 07:06:35 PM »

I'm pretty sure brie and lesser known cheeses are sold in every major American grocery store. 

We got two kinds a 'merican.  Yella and white.  A'course, everyone knows White 'merican is better. 

We keep alla that faggot frog cheese over there, by the handicapped bathrooms.  Get er dun. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2009, 07:58:01 PM »

We got two kinds a 'merican.  Yella and white.  A'course, everyone knows White 'merican is better. 

We keep alla that faggot frog cheese over there, by the handicapped bathrooms.  Get er dun. 

Hehe.....when I was growing up, the only cheese I knew existed were American and cheddar.   Now American tastes like plastic to me and I can't eat it.  I'm not even sure if it's actually cheese....

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2009, 09:33:18 PM »

Hehe.....when I was growing up, the only cheese I knew existed were American and cheddar.   Now American tastes like plastic to me and I can't eat it.  I'm not even sure if it's actually cheese....

Protest the government cheese! 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »

I like American, it has its purposes.  But it has to be from the deli, not that packaged crap. 

I'm not real experimental with such things.  I get burned too often when I try stuff.  I'm the bad luck guy who always buys the wrong shit.  So, I just stick to what I know.  Which is generally aged cheddar, it satisfies my desires to put some cheesy thing on a cracker.  I hate it when I buy something horrid. 

However, if I was in a setting where someone invited me to try something they were pretty sure I'd like, chances are good I'd like it. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »

I'm not real experimental with such things.  I get burned too often when I try stuff.  I'm the bad luck guy who always buys the wrong shit.  So, I just stick to what I know.  Which is generally aged cheddar, it satisfies my desires to put some cheesy thing on a cracker.  I hate it when I buy something horrid. 

However, if I was in a setting where someone invited me to try something they were pretty sure I'd like, chances are good I'd like it. 

I have that problem too-- once I find something good I tend to stick with it unless the store runs out of it, or the restaurant stops offering it, or whatever.  There's an awesome Indian place near me where I've gone probably thirty times, and I've had the exact same dish every time.  But I'll sample things other people get....they're never as good. 

As an experiment, we got some Bulleit bourbon along with the normal Maker's Mark a few weeks back.   We both agreed that the Bulleit, while respectable, is definitely not as good.  Then Boyfriend went to the liquor store again, and bought another bottle of Bulleit.  I don't understand him sometimes. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2009, 10:55:15 PM »

There's an awesome Indian place near me where I've gone probably thirty times, and I've had the exact same dish every time.  But I'll sample things other people get....they're never as good. 

Thats what I do with General Tso's Chicken. 

I could open the menu to a Chinese place, scan for General's chicken, and if its there the other 700 things are meaningless. 

I swear, I could open a menu and the only thing listed could be General's chicken, like this:

General Tso's Chicken   7.95

And I'd be like "Hey, lets try this place!"

BTW, the rating scale for Bourbon is "Less Bad".  You start deep in the negatives, and work your way up to zero, which is where Scotch begins. 

Riddler

« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2009, 11:16:46 PM »

There's an awesome Indian place near me where I've gone probably thirty times, and I've had the exact same dish every time.  But I'll sample things other people get....they're never as good. 

Thats what I do with General Tso's Chicken. 

I could open the menu to a Chinese place, scan for General's chicken, and if its there the other 700 things are meaningless. 

I swear, I could open a menu and the only thing listed could be General's chicken, like this:

General Tso's Chicken   7.95

And I'd be like "Hey, lets try this place!"

BTW, the rating scale for Bourbon is "Less Bad".  You start deep in the negatives, and work your way up to zero, which is where Scotch begins. 

can we clear this up, once & for all?
i see gen. gao
i see gen. tso.
same, fried-ass, chicken-in-spicy-sauce dish.
what gives?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Recipe Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 33 queries.