Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Recipe Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Recipe Thread  (Read 56188 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Thread (Working on the title)
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2009, 08:44:28 AM »

Boyfriend made the Marlboro Man sandwich for himself this evening: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/marlboro_mans_f/

Only he didn't have cube steak, so he took ground beef and mixed it with 1/2 cup of crushed Kettle chips, and then carefully sliced the "patties" to fry them.  Says it came out great.

Me, I was too full of edamame to have one.  But then, I pretty much don't eat beef except for the very occasional filet mignon or well-made cheeseburger. 

Oh wow.  I've been checking out the blog for about an hour tonight, but hadn't looked at this particular recipe even though I know it was linked here before.  It looks pretty delicious - and I don't actually eat a lot of beef either.  Might have to cook that for Jizz next month when I'm in Chi-town and then have a taste of it.  It's way too much for me to eat, but it sure looks good. 

The recipe says "It’s manly. It’s flavorful. And your man will grunt and daydream about Makita table saws and heavy machinery as he woofs it down."  Make sure that Jizzy knows what a Makita table saw is, so that he can fulfill this requirement.   :)

I think I've had more experience with Makita tools than Boyfriend, to be honest....

Will do.  Thanks for the tip.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Riddler

« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »

Boyfriend made the Marlboro Man sandwich for himself this evening: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/marlboro_mans_f/

Only he didn't have cube steak, so he took ground beef and mixed it with 1/2 cup of crushed Kettle chips, and then carefully sliced the "patties" to fry them.  Says it came out great.

Me, I was too full of edamame to have one.  But then, I pretty much don't eat beef except for the very occasional filet mignon or well-made cheeseburger. 

oh, and another thing........
your boyfriend made a hamburger
with chips in it.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2009, 07:04:14 PM »

with chips in it.

No shit!  Really???

Russell Griswold

« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2009, 07:05:44 PM »

Oh wow.  I've been checking out the blog for about an hour tonight, but hadn't looked at this particular recipe even though I know it was linked here before.  It looks pretty delicious - and I don't actually eat a lot of beef either.  Might have to cook that for Jizz next month when I'm in Chi-town and then have a taste of it.  It's way too much for me to eat, but it sure looks good. 

The recipe says "It’s manly. It’s flavorful. And your man will grunt and daydream about Makita table saws and heavy machinery as he woofs it down."  Make sure that Jizzy knows what a Makita table saw is, so that he can fulfill this requirement.   :)

I think I've had more experience with Makita tools than Boyfriend, to be honest....

Makita's battery chargers are becoming much worse in quality. I've always liked DeWalt tools a little bit better. However, Makita's triggers on their drills are nicer to use.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »

Makita's battery chargers are becoming much worse in quality. I've always liked DeWalt tools a little bit better. However, Makita's triggers on their drills are nicer to use.

Oy vey. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »

Yeah?  That's good to know, thanks.  I'd like to get a cordless drill for Christmas.   :)

Riddler

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2009, 08:47:57 PM »

with chips in it.

No shit!  Really???

well, a buncha you niggas insist on calling hamburger, a ''steak sandwich'', which clearly, (but just-fucking-barely), is what this marlboro-man sandwich is.
back in the day, cube steak was the poor man's steak....not anymore...you're better off buying...as i've said...a london broil, or cheap-cut steak, slice it thin & voila..
plus, the fact that this douche goes by the name, ''marlboro man'', disqualifies it from anything manly or cool.....
unless this cock-knock smokes 3-packs-a-fucking-day (marlboro, of course...non-filters....and if they don't make 'em non-filter anymore, he would have to be ripping the fiberglass filter off each one, before he smoked it)....ONLY THEN, can you be called MARLBORO MAN........
no, that's wrong...
unlesss you are a horse-riding, cow-wrangling, whiskey-drinking, whore-fucking, card-gambling, six-gun-shootin' , sleepin'-in-a-bunk-house, foul-mouthed son-of-a-bitch...can you be called...Marlboro Man.............

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2009, 10:56:25 PM »

its the best fucking sandwich in the world. Her site is amazing...she is a real woman doin real shit. She rules imo.
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2009, 03:50:03 AM »

its the best fucking sandwich in the world. Her site is amazing...she is a real woman doin real shit. She rules imo.

I've been browsing for quite a while (since last night, but I'm up with a headache right now and was already checking it out earlier when I got home) and I'm really digging it.  Even the non-food-related parts.  Have you tried any of the other recipes besides MM's favorite sandwich?  I came across his SECOND favorite sandwich on there as well.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2009, 07:24:41 AM »

I've been browsing for quite a while (since last night, but I'm up with a headache right now and was already checking it out earlier when I got home) and I'm really digging it.  Even the non-food-related parts.  Have you tried any of the other recipes besides MM's favorite sandwich?  I came across his SECOND favorite sandwich on there as well.   :lol:

I discovered her about 2 years ago...her site has really grown. She didn't used to have all that fancy stuff...:)

So far, I have made:

The Best Lasagna. Ever. - I'm not kidding when I say this is the best lasagna I have ever had/made. I think it's the cottage cheese vs. ricotta.
Chile Con Queso, Revved Up ---- Soooo good with Multi-colored tortilla chips.
Crash Hot Potatoes - Best things EVER!!!
Onion Strings - Oh Yeah, Baby. - soo good with her steak recipe.
Marlboro Man’s Second Favorite Sandwich - great for a rainy day with an Onion Soup
Marlboro Man’s Favorite Sandwich - The mother of all sandwiches
Twice Baked Potatoes. Simple. Man-Pleasin’. Delicious.
Pioneer Woman’s Pasta Primavera - Made this for my vegetarian BFF and he LOVED it.
My Most Favorite Salad Ever. Ever, Ever, Ever! - this is really light and yummy
Good Ol’ Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies - they really are basic and easy.

Probably a few more too...after we tried those sammiches we were in HEAVEN. I went on a Pioneer woman cooking spree and started making a new recipe of hers for each night. Gained about 3lbs in one week...so now I just do them sporadically.

The thing i like about her/her food is its not pretentious...she might just be the most talented woman on Earth. I'm so jealous.
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2009, 10:09:23 AM »

I'm curious about the Pico de Gallo and guacamole page.  I've eaten pico at restaurants, and if it has jalapeno in it everywhere I go - I am no longer resistant to the stuff.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »

Have you tried any of the other recipes besides MM's favorite sandwich?  I came across his SECOND favorite sandwich on there as well.   :lol:

I just read that one....not going out to buy chicken breasts and peppered bacon tonight, but DAMN it looks good. 

Boyfriend made Marlboro Man's favorite sandwich tonight....beautimous, but I had to add mustard because I love mustard so much. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 09:54:53 PM by Rillion »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2009, 09:32:21 PM »

How to make crab legs.
Get pot of water. Add bay leaves, onion quarters (yellow), lemon quarters, and a bunch of old bay seasoning. Allow to simmer for awhile if possible. Bring to boil when ready to make the crab. Toss crab in boiling water for 10 minutes at least. Crab should be floating when fully cooked.
Eat crab!
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

jeffersonish

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2009, 01:23:40 AM »

I'm curious about the Pico de Gallo and guacamole page.  I've eaten pico at restaurants, and if it has jalapeno in it everywhere I go - I am no longer resistant to the stuff.   :lol:

I make a modified Pico. Roma tomatoes - about a pound, white onion - one, cilantro - to taste, serrano chile (1 diced very fine),  lime juice and a can of herdez salsa ranchero. The tomatoes and onion should be diced to about 1/8" pieces, the cilantro chopped to about 1/4 leaf size.  Delicious. You can add a little sugar and/or salt if you like too.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2009, 11:46:17 PM »

Smoothie:

- some crushed ice
- some peaches
- some pineapple
- a banana
- some strawberry yogurt
- some honey
- some wheat germ
- some cinnamon
- some pressed apple juice
- in a blender

Fish Tacos:

- some catfish (most peeps use Talapia)
- some oil
- a lot of cajun spice

top with:

- chopped mango drizzled with honey
- diced onion
- diced jalapeno
- sliced red cabbage
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Recipe Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.