Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  re: Tipping
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: re: Tipping  (Read 14260 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: re: Tipping
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »

I dont tip niggers because they will just go buy crack with it.

I dont tip Jews because they are cheap and would never appreciate it, they always want more.

I dont tip Japs because they blew OUR shit up at Pearl Harbor, and I figure they owe me instead.

I dont tip whites because they still owe the native americans a shit-ton of cash ..... once thats paid up I might start.

I dont tip native americans because, well, they are too dumb to work at a restaurant anyway and besides that, theyre too busy drinking all the time.

I suggest you make a list of your own................ it comes in handy and might even save you some cash when you go out to eat.

P.S. - I DO tip midgets and retards though, but always add a little note to the tip.......... something like "go buy yourself some longer legs and fingers....and a smaller head too" or "take this and go buy yourself some more brain cells, ya dumb fuck"........... a tip inside of a tip you might say.

I just wanna make the world a better place  :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:50:37 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

davann

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »

I dont tip Jews because they are cheap and would never appreciate it, they always want more.

I dont tip Japs because they blew OUR shit up at Pearl Harbor, and I figure they owe me instead.

I dont tip whites because they still owe the native americans a shit-ton of cash ..... once thats paid up I might start.

I dont tip native americans because, well, they are too dumb to work at a restaurant anyway and besides that, theyre too busy drinking all the time.

I suggest you make a list of your own................ it comes in handy and might even save you some cash when you go out to eat.

P.S. - I DO tip midgets and retards though, but always add a little note to the tip.......... something like "go buy yourself some longer legs and fingers....and a smaller head too" or "take this and go buy yourself some more brain cells, ya dumb fuck"........... a tip inside of a tip you might say.

I just wanna make the world a better place  :D

Are you by chance from Europe or Jamaica?

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »

Im from a planet far, far away. Nice try though.

I also dont tip Jamaicans with their pot breath or Europeans with their smelly, unshaven female armpits.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 12:53:17 AM »

Doubtful either of you have worked in food service or any job for tips.  But there is a reason why some people get horrible service and others get great service.  People that work for tips do their own sort of profiling.  The worst tippers by far are Jamaicans and the British.  Some of the best tippers are other people who work for tips.  Strippers don't get the best service because they are pretty.  They get the best service because they are absolutely the best tippers.  They do go against the typical female who is usually not known as a good tipper.  Other poor tippers are upper middle class who never worked for tips in their lives.  Because they don't understand the pay structure of those who do work for tips.   When your livelihood depends on tips you tend to do a better job for people who fit the profile of a good tipper. 

You can do a little experiment for yourselves next time you are at a restaurant.  Figure out a way to slip in that you worked as a waiter or waitress or bartender at some time.  If you habitually get poor service you will see a marked improvement.  Just don't go to a place where they probably marked you as a lousy tipper.   And if you get great service and still skimp on the tip you will find that wait staff can seemingly have the memory of elephants. 

This might also be interesting high profile bad tippers are being listed on websites now.  http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-celebrities-who-do-not-tip-well/  If you develop the reputation of being a bad tipper service staff will only make a minimal effort.   It is also interesting that Liberals are some of the worse tippers.  Maybe they think the government will pay it for them.

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »

When I was younger, I waited on Joe Schmoe.

If you remember the show, you'll assume he was an excellent tipper.

Which he was.

davann

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 07:22:29 PM »

Doubtful either of you have worked in food service or any job for tips.  But there is a reason why some people get horrible service and others get great service.  People that work for tips do their own sort of profiling.  The worst tippers by far are Jamaicans and the British.  Some of the best tippers are other people who work for tips.  Strippers don't get the best service because they are pretty.  They get the best service because they are absolutely the best tippers.  They do go against the typical female who is usually not known as a good tipper.  Other poor tippers are upper middle class who never worked for tips in their lives.  Because they don't understand the pay structure of those who do work for tips.   When your livelihood depends on tips you tend to do a better job for people who fit the profile of a good tipper. 

Ha! I’ve worked in numerous tip type jobs as a younger lad. Such as, lowly change person, floor person, dealer and cage cashier. These are the jobs that people turn into successful livings that they do their entire lives. Not like waiting tables. Oddly, as a change person (a now mostly defunct position) I made the most per year. I know a thing or two about scoring tips.
You are spot on about Europeans. I’d throw in Midwesterners also. Smokers are the best no matter where they hail from. I never noticed Jamaicans as I rated all blacks as not worth hustling.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 08:36:35 PM »

Ha! I’ve worked in numerous tip type jobs as a younger lad. Such as, lowly change person, floor person, dealer and cage cashier. These are the jobs that people turn into successful livings that they do their entire lives. Not like waiting tables. Oddly, as a change person (a now mostly defunct position) I made the most per year. I know a thing or two about scoring tips.
You are spot on about Europeans. I’d throw in Midwesterners also. Smokers are the best no matter where they hail from. I never noticed Jamaicans as I rated all blacks as not worth hustling.

Delivered pizza for a place called Snappy Tomato Pizza for 2 yrs starting when I was 17. Every single person I worked with got high on the job..... me, the other drivers, mgr, owner, we drove crazy fast to get deliveries there early, and since they were company cars, eh........... train tracks?........ put the pedal to the floor and get some good air....... tore those cars up real fast. Tips were great for the most part. The biggest cheapskates were the kids at Valparaiso University BY FAR. Usually you got no tip at all. Best tip I got from the VU kids was when they were partying in this frat house at about 1 in the afternoon and they were like "hey dude, have a beer, were celebrating......WHOOO HOOO!!!!! " I was like "whats the occasion?" guy says "ANDY GIBB JUST DIED!!!....WHOOO HOOO!!!" So I stuck around for a few and had a couple of beers with them and when I left, they all threw a couple of bucks in my bag and it was prob like 35 or 40 buck tip. Other than those people, the VU were def cheap asses BIGTIME.

yamnuska

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 05:00:26 AM »

I watched the video Pizzly shared, and it was actually interesting.  The Armenian big nose blind jew cunt was an exceptional speaker. 

I prefer the Reservoir Dogs.

Reservoir Dogs is clearly superior viewing material. 

I want to be Miss. Pink

Bill Brasky

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2010, 12:18:30 AM »

I watched the video Pizzly shared, and it was actually interesting.  The Armenian big nose blind jew cunt was an exceptional speaker. 

I prefer the Reservoir Dogs.

Reservoir Dogs is clearly superior viewing material. 

I want to be Miss. Pink

You don't get to choose names.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 12:20:17 AM »

:-/

You didn't like her?  I thought she was extraordinary. 

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 09:12:44 AM »

Getting back on topic, I think people who think sweet tea is "not tea" can go to hell.  Sweet tea is amazing stuff, and libertylover is completely correct about the preparation and flavor of sweet tea.  Tea varies with the culture that surrounds it.  Saying that sweet tea is not tea because it's not prepared like the British or Chinese prepare their tea is silly.  A lot of Chinese people walk around in pajamas in the middle of the day, too.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »

Getting back on topic, I think people who think sweet tea is "not tea" can go to hell.  Sweet tea is amazing stuff, and libertylover is completely correct about the preparation and flavor of sweet tea.  Tea varies with the culture that surrounds it.  Saying that sweet tea is not tea because it's not prepared like the British or Chinese prepare their tea is silly.  A lot of Chinese people walk around in pajamas in the middle of the day, too.

It's not that it isn't tea because it's not prepared like the Britsh or Chinese prepare it.  It's not tea because it's tea and something else, which completely changes it from what it was (and which is positively repulsive, to boot.)

BonerJoe

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 01:08:11 PM »

There is nothing on Earth that doesn't have "what you think it is" and "something else". Run anything through a mass spec and you will find this out.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Indeed.

/goes off to drink some hot tea with milk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  re: Tipping

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.