Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Racism
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Racism  (Read 42214 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: Racism
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »

I saw that ban coming, but don't agree with it. For many reasons that Ecolitan listed, but mostly because the racism thing shouldn't be figured in at all. If the mods wanted to ban dragline for racism it should have been done under those circumstances, absolutely not as a result of pissing off a mod. Dragline's use of "nigga" being the grounds for a ban? On this forum?

Also, "stalking" is a poor choice of words. When you're open with facts about your life online and people remember those facts, that ain't stalking. If those details about your life are recalled in a positive light, that's usually consider flattering. If I missed a detail or two in there regarding something Shaw hadn't shared openly and somehow dragline knew about, then I'm wrong.

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2011, 05:58:41 PM »

I can't believe it happened.  I hated that motherfucker but like Anton Lavay said:  He didn't so much waste his account as take full advantage of it's inevitable bannination.  Coolest thing he ever did here.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »

I don't really see the point. I'm seeing posts by Riddler, which is Dragline as far as I know. What's he missing? An avatar or messaging privileges?

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »

When he got banned his handle reverted to his account name.  Those aren't new posts.  He can read this thread but he's gonna need TOR to post.  Or he can give Ian some money.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »

I did think Dragline was kidding around with you though John.  I agree he got pretty personal...

I might not have read the thread that closely, but I thought he admitted to being drunk off his ass when he was posting.

I must say he has a sense of humor that I find refreshing on this board.  He seems more like a guy I'd want to get a buzz on with than most I read here.

I didn't even know what the fuck a saxon was and wasn't  interested enough to even google it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:37:36 PM by Fred »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2011, 10:45:22 PM »

When he got banned his handle reverted to his account name.  Those aren't new posts.  He can read this thread but he's gonna need TOR to post.  Or he can give Ian some money.

Well that sucks. Doubt Ian will bring him back if he's told the reason for banning was "racism".

I thought the Saxon stuff was a hoot and was enjoying Shaw's playful trolling of the thread, something I hadn't seen much of lately.

I'm against banning at all unless it's a result of extreme shitheadedness, something that didn't happen in this thread.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2011, 11:04:05 PM »

BJ was banned.  Anything could happen.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2011, 11:05:31 PM »

BJ is a member of the Inner Circle though.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2011, 11:13:42 PM »

I'm surprised it took this long for Dragline to get his ass booted.

When he got banned his handle reverted to his account name.  Those aren't new posts.  He can read this thread but he's gonna need TOR to post.  Or he can give Ian some money.

If/when he gets out of prison.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2011, 11:14:23 PM »

There is no inner circle.

Dragline

• We gonna do a lotta world-shakin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2011, 11:50:02 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm ever so sorry for my bad behavior.

I have been a rapscallion and I regret it.

Again, my ever humble apologies.

Sincerely, the mod who just rebanned my stupid ass.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:24:48 AM by John Shaw »
''You don't get a name till Dragline gives you one....''

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2011, 11:51:20 PM »

Fucking un-ignored piece of shit...fixed.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2011, 11:54:12 PM »

Okay, we're getting played by this soap opera.  I could watch politics on tv.

BonerJoe

« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2011, 08:06:27 PM »

<babalugatz> anyways dude.........i know my people need me on that BBS......so tell shaw i said ize sorry.......w/ certain caveats

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »

So what's the plan? Wait until this blows over?

For those of us who like the guy, having him removed is pretty shitty - like having a "friend" taken away (quotes because online "friends" are different than IRL ones, but good nonetheless).

Ecolitan is right, if he had targeted any regular member on here he'd still be a member (WTFK). So it would seem that if this ban stands, all future insults between members will result in more bans. Classy.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Racism

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.