Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Racism
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Racism  (Read 42210 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Racism
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »

I fuckin love this place

Me too.

Problem is, I cant find anyone worth arguing with since they showed Avshae the door. I sincerely hated that prick. I cant think of anyone I wanna internet-fight with since he's been gone.

They? I was the one who banned him and deleted his shit, lol.

Haa

Thats right, it was you. I remember someone saying the BBS jumped the shark when you did that. I dont think I ever thanked you for that.

It was such sweet sorrow to see him go. Fun to argue with, but too big an asshole to be worth keeping him around.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »

Won what? I was making jokes about Saxons and he gets all nasty with me and makes personal attacks? What was there to win? Being cruel for no reason?

What do you mean rolled over? What do you mean surrender monkey?

Cruel for his own entertainment purposes.  Angry Shaw is entertaining. 

You gave him what he wanted, instantly.  I was entertained. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:52:04 PM by Ecolitan »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2011, 01:48:13 PM »

I see. So he won because saying cruel things to people and having them be upset by it is entertaining.

Got it. So what you're saying is that people should just take whatever is thrown at them and take it like a bitch because if they respond to cruelty then they're suckers.

Understood.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »

There. Fuck it. It was worth it.

BonerJoe

« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2011, 01:55:17 PM »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2011, 01:57:28 PM »

I see. So he won because saying cruel things to people and having them be upset by it is entertaining.

Got it. So what you're saying is that people should just take whatever is thrown at them and take it like a bitch because if they respond to cruelty then they're suckers.

Understood.

Sometimes

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »

Sometimes

Uh huh. Well you've got another nasty act to find humor in now. Racist fucker's had it coming for a long time anyhow.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2011, 02:00:16 PM »

Now I won  :P  You're my favorite FTL overlord but you ban an awful lot of people for fucking w/ YOU.  Coincidence that they cross that bannination line with YOU?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:03:04 PM by Ecolitan »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »

Now I won  :P  You're my favorite FTL overlord but you ban an awful lot of people for fucking w/ YOU.  Coincidence that they cross that bannination line with YOU?

Dude, do you know how many people I've banned apart from spammers?

How many would constitute "An awful lot" ?

Give you a hint, it's less than five.

And the only ones who directly fucked with me are this one and Libman, and I wasn't even the person to originally ban Libman, I just received the OK to reban him from Ian after one of his outbursts.

The reputation is often bigger than the man, as they say. I almost never ban regular users. Other mods and former mods can attest to this.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:08:27 PM by John Shaw »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »

And the only ones who directly fucked with me are this one and Libman, and I wasn't even the person to originally ban Libman, I just received the OK to reban him from Ian after one of his outbursts.

I figure 2 (apart from spammers) is a lot.  If it's less than 5 than at least 50% of your bans are directly related to interaction with you.  You are not 50% of the people on this forum so......

You are angry and you would not have banned dragline for saying those same things to me.  

Don't you know that was a humorous rant?  With all the asterisks and stuff, he made timing and inflection if only just by encouraging the reader to add his own.  It was good work.  An obvious performance piece that no one but you took seriously... I didn't anyway.  An obviously successful one.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:13:53 PM by Ecolitan »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »

I figure 2 (apart from spammers) is a lot.  If it's less than 5 than at least 50% of your bans are directly related to interaction with you.  You are not 50% of the people on this forum so......

Uh huh, your math is broken. It's been almost four years that I've been a mod. Two assholes in four years over tens of thousands of posts.

Also, Riddler has been chucking racial epithets forever. Tell me he wouldn't have been banned anywhere else. Spare me man.

For whatever reason there are people on the BBS that think I'm some sort of tough guy. It's a weird thing to think because I've never fed into it and people who know me IRL know that I'm a fairly mellow dude who has maybe a bit of an edge and a low tolerance for stupidity.

<<<Not ever playing a tough guy and not ever trying to come off as one.

As a matter of fact I think I tolerate abuse for far longer than most people would before taking any action. I've been told this by more than one other mod.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2011, 02:18:39 PM »

Don't you know that was a humorous rant?  With all the asterisks and stuff, he made timing and inflection if only just by encouraging the reader to add his own.  It was good work.  An obvious performance piece that no one but you took seriously... I didn't anyway.  An obviously successful one.

Uh huh. He talked about my weight, he talked about specifics about my face, he talked about specifics (Although incorrect) about my home, he talked about my career and mocked it, the thing people here know is my one true passion in life*.

Those were personal attacks. If someone pointed out very specific things about you, you'd react the same way.

It wasn't a joke, and his responses afterward were supportive of that.

"You just can't take a joke" is the parting shot of a person who's gone too far and knows it and can't defend themselves.

I'm done talking about this now.

*Not personal relationship-wise
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:24:39 PM by John Shaw »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2011, 02:25:20 PM »

No doubt he would have been banned anywhere else long ago.  I think my math is good.

4 years...  <=4 bans.  50% of them directly related to their interaction you.  You being less than a very small % of total members.  That makes you like 1500 times more likely to enter into a conversation that results in banning than the rest of we trolls.  And he wasn't being racist this time.  He was being funny (yes that was funny) at your expense.

:(  I really expected you to see that by now.  Of course he couldn't say that shit in the real world unless he was on a stage at a roast, and he wouldn't.  But this ain't the real world.  It's the FTL BBS and you got trolled and showed your ass.  You need a little Fleetwood Mac for your Saturday afternoon and who's gonna bring it now?

Those were personal attacks. If someone pointed out very specific things about you, you'd react the same way.

Yes but I'm a well-known crazy motherfucker who some days can't calm himself the fuck down enough to interact in the real world. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:27:22 PM by Ecolitan »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2011, 02:30:14 PM »

No doubt he would have been banned anywhere else long ago.  I think my math is good.

4 years...  <=4 bans.  50% of them directly related to their interaction you.  You being less than a very small % of total members.  That makes you like 1500 times more likely to enter into a conversation that results in banning than the rest of we trolls.  And he wasn't being racist this time.  He was being funny (yes that was funny) at your expense.

:(  I really expected you to see that by now.  Of course he couldn't say that shit in the real world unless he was on a stage at a roast, and he wouldn't.  But this ain't the real world.  It's the FTL BBS and you got trolled and showed your ass.  You need a little Fleetwood Mac for your Saturday afternoon and who's gonna bring it now?

Yeah I get it, everyone is ever so above it all until it's directed at them. I'm just a puss, got it.

This is why I spend most of my time on FB and + now. This is why EVERYONE spends most of their time on FB and + now.

You're gonna keep tugging my chain as long as I keep replying, so I'll give you some free time to do something more productive now by walking away.

Feel free to keep bagging on me. Maybe some day you'll post something about your personal life and have someone shit all over it.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »

:?  I post shit about my real life all the time and not just the shit I think makes me look good.  I HAVE had people shit all over it both intentionally and unintentionally. 

My complete impatience with Rillion and Dio for exactly that reason appears to me directly correlational to me getting much less friendly attention and generally ignored most of the time by most people here.  You can compare yourself to me if you like...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Racism

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.