Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Racism
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Racism  (Read 42177 times)

Ecolitan

• View Profile
Racism
« on: August 07, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »

Listening to last Sunday's show I got annoyed at all the blanket refusal to allow for genetic or cultural differences that have a strong tie to race.

Example.  My dog puked up beef stew a few weeks ago.  Did it come from the old neighborhood watching survivalist to the East of me, or the barely english speaking mexicans to the West?  

Is it impossible that the mexicans made textbook american beef stew?  No.
I say there is a very very small chance that beef stew came from the mexicans.  Does that make me a racist?  I don't think so.  

Ian and apparently others among the FTL crowd are so feared of being racist they can't see the world in front of their eyes.

Darker skinned people are far more likely to have flatter noses with wider nostrils.  I don't need a study to prove it.

For the record, I like my mexi-neighbors better.

White people are more likely to say "dude" and "awesome".

How can a person convince themselves that they embrace cultural/ethnic diversity when they're so busy denying that it even exists?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:05:39 PM by Ecolitan »

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Racism
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 02:53:02 PM »

I agree this is getting silly. I would appreciate thicker skins on liberty people in general. One of the things I wanted when I became a libertarian is that if I said or did something mildly offensive without really realizing it people wouldn't take it so hard. I notice a lot of libertarians seem to be looking for a reason to bitch or be offended and they seem to stay mad forever. Someone says something that bothers me I tend to just let it go especially if it is someone who respects the NAP.
 On the FTL Sunday show I sometimes feel a little bit for mark because his co-host seems to be looking for a excuse to snip at him. The new Monday Ian and Dale lovefest and the Sunday Mark walking on eggshells shows really have made me appreciate the regular format.

Riddler

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »

those greasy wetback fucks poisoned yer dog & ''disguised'' the culprit as a dish a ''typical white family'' would cook.
think about it

if you continue to doubt yourself, you can ALWAYS fall back on ken-ken
i needed to tell you that?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »

I'm not really one to talk about race very much, as you all know, but I too, at one point, back when I was a listener to the show, also noted that the show's approach to racial issues were entirely predictable, never straying from politically correct positions, and lacked any amount of distanced, non-emotive logic, which was quite disappointing and directly provided my motivation to seek out alternative sources of entertainment.

The new source of entertainment happens to center on zombies, where the non-thinking (non-thinking in the traditional zombie sense) personalities are typically afflicted by means or situations beyond their control, which is much more airy and cheerful as opposed to the sort of non-thinking personalities that afflict themselves willfully, which, frankly, caused me to feel embarrassment for them.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 08:50:55 PM »

you sound way higher than I can get with pot and legal shit.  must be the go fast...

you talk often about race...

Riddler

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 10:34:17 PM »

you sound way higher than I can get with pot and legal shit.  must be the go fast...

you talk often about race...

i often speak of road negroes
go slow>>>they

wthe fuck shit are yo talkin bout, williis?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 07:21:48 AM »

One of the things I wanted when I became a libertarian is that if I said or did something mildly offensive without really realizing it people wouldn't take it so hard. I notice a lot of libertarians seem to be looking for a reason to bitch or be offended and they seem to stay mad forever.

The reason people with integrity behave this way is because we don't want people using monopoly force to legislate our behavior.  Encouraging people to police their own shit is a much better and more adult behavior than getting the police to get into their shit.  It's fundamental to libertarianism that we have to encourage people to be self-governing (sometimes strongly, and in ways you may not like) rather to trying to govern them by coercion.

By the way, it's usually the same people who "don't get it" on this BBS (that explicitly does not include the OP, and probably doesn't include another of the previous posters, but I'm sure there's someone I have on ignore who went out of his way to prove my point.)  There is nugget of truth to the idea that general behavior is too PC in this regard, but it's also true that some people really piss others off, and the complaining about others taking exception to bigoted talk is stale and tiresome.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 08:06:07 AM »

People that pull all the guns and vinegar on little things bother me. People who want to ostracize everyone who says some word they don't like remind me of censers and other dangerously judgemental fucks. I would prefere to be around and have discussions with people who are honest to me and themselves. Sticks and stones and all that.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 09:48:51 AM »

I was under the impression you were referring to my impatience with dios jewiness (it's more than that) with your first post.  You might have noticed I don't bring it up when he doesn't.  Also, you might have noticed I was well into Dio hating when you made your account and therefore have no idea how it all started.  That motherfucker would not treat me well if we were to meet as strangers on most days.  He has said in no uncertain terms how much he is offended by people who possess traits that I possess and objects to their very existence.  He denies that now or at least pretends to have no clue what I'm talking about but he hasn't retracted a damn thing (a step necessary in apologies and forgiveness) so I'm forced to assume his self-righteous holier than thou bullshit still stands and will continue to react harshly when he chooses to remind me.  Yes, I am unusually sensitive.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »

I wasn't referring to anything. I thought I was agreeing with you. Whom ever any one wants to dislike as a person is none of my business really. I may have giving you shit over what I construed as collectivising, but after listening to Mark getting his balls busted every Sunday over every little snafu I think I will quite commentting on that as well. Next time I give a negative comment it'll be over "I like to eat orphan kittens" or something similar.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 01:31:49 PM »

People that pull all the guns and vinegar on little things bother me. People who want to ostracize everyone who says some word they don't like remind me of censers and other dangerously judgemental fucks. I would prefere to be around and have discussions with people who are honest to me and themselves. Sticks and stones and all that.

People who criticize aren't dangerous.  People who use coercion (which is what happens when you let that kind of unacceptable behavior fester) are.  Calling it dishonesty is...dishonest.

wo --> who
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:59:00 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 01:59:31 PM »

You go right ahead. I'll wait for the actual coercion. I am sick of arguing over words people want to use or opinions or generalizations. Long as a person follows the NAP I see no reason to confront them on any issue. It is just getting boring and irritating to me.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »

You go right ahead.

I will then.  I am with you 100% on NAP being my religion, I liked that you said that.  I can pontificate upon it for a good while but I'll just say this.  

NAP is how to NOT be evil.  It takes more than that to be actively good and it has very little to do with your clothing (which I expect you never will see dio make a big deal about thanks to me).  Also I probably wouldn't have been so hard on Dio if I'd realized how young he is at the time.  I'm not inclined to backtrack though.  I've worked too hard and paid to high a price purging my life of people who spend an inordinate amount of time telling me how I'm not good enough to turn around and welcome Dio into it.

And since this thread is dead to it's original purpose and I am assuming the original was lost in the purge.  It is interesting to note that Dio's complaints about dress went beyond dirty construction and rural types to include all people who couldn't be bothered or felt no compulsion to wear a collar every time they left the house yet we recently discovered that when he goes to the bar he wears a t-shirt and ballcap... L O fucking L especially since if I pick clothing specifically for social events it almost invariably involves a collar (the better to manipulate shallow people into treating me better).  I guess the shine of his new jew uniform wore off.  Maybe one day he'll shed the sense of superiority as well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:45:47 PM by Ecolitan »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »

So anyway, Stephanie?  Is it Stephanie on sunday?  We can see that men have smaller boobs and more facial hair so why is it so hard to think that some genetic differences can effect personality and thought process?  It's a fact that testosterone levels will change a person's behavior so why isn't it acceptable to believe that women would more likely to behave as a person with more estrogen and less testosterone in their brain than the man standing next to them?  And mark said you were scientific.  You're anything but.

Of course men and women are biologically wired to think and act differently.  It's a scientific fact.  Moron.  You are a complete and total feminazi so intent on your agenda your arguments have no relation to reality whatsoever.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:16:11 PM by Ecolitan »

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 11:03:17 PM »

You go right ahead.

I will then.  I am with you 100% on NAP being my religion, I liked that you said that.  I can pontificate upon it for a good while but I'll just say this.  

NAP is how to NOT be evil.  It takes more than that to be actively good and it has very little to do with your clothing (which I expect you never will see dio make a big deal about thanks to me).  Also I probably wouldn't have been so hard on Dio if I'd realized how young he is at the time.  I'm not inclined to backtrack though.  I've worked too hard and paid to high a price purging my life of people who spend an inordinate amount of time telling me how I'm not good enough to turn around and welcome Dio into it.

And since this thread is dead to it's original purpose and I am assuming the original was lost in the purge.  It is interesting to note that Dio's complaints about dress went beyond dirty construction and rural types to include all people who couldn't be bothered or felt no compulsion to wear a collar every time they left the house yet we recently discovered that when he goes to the bar he wears a t-shirt and ballcap... L O fucking L especially since if I pick clothing specifically for social events it almost invariably involves a collar (the better to manipulate shallow people into treating me better).  I guess the shine of his new jew uniform wore off.  Maybe one day he'll shed the sense of superiority as well.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Racism

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.