Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Questions for gun owners
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions for gun owners  (Read 10956 times)

Riddler

Re: Questions for gun owners
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »

my pistol is black powder, and I heard they can go off by themselves so i don't keep it loaded. anyone know if it is true?

No. You can even keep it capped if you have indents between the cylinder. Comon, people carried this shit loaded on horses, and you're worried about your nightstand?

a lotta guys kept 1 cylinder empty, for horseriding & jostling about, thereby, no misfires

BonerJoe

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 06:38:54 PM »

my pistol is black powder, and I heard they can go off by themselves so i don't keep it loaded. anyone know if it is true?

No. You can even keep it capped if you have indents between the cylinder. Comon, people carried this shit loaded on horses, and you're worried about your nightstand?

a lotta guys kept 1 cylinder empty, for horseriding & jostling about, thereby, no misfires

You had to do it on the old style Colts, but the New Army 1858 Remington has notches in the cylinder so you can keep all 6 loaded.

fatcat

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »

I have no interest in forever hauling a couple pounds of steel around with me for protection.

This is my main reserve about getting a gun for defensive purposes should they be made legal/i move somewhere they are legal.

They make lightweight guns for women that I'm sure you'd be happy with.

its the bulk, not the weight.

If they make a gun that can fit in my wallet (and still be useful) I don't think it would be a problem.

BonerJoe

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »

:|

Riddler

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »

If they make a gun that can fit in my wallet (and still be useful) I don't think it would be a problem.

that'd be a might fag of a gun, now, woodenit?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 08:33:52 PM by Lord Humungus »

BonerJoe

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 08:32:42 PM »

You might as well carry a razor blade.

Riddler

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »

mebbe fatcat  (being in brit-land, an all) knows some sort of desmond lewellan ''Q''-type character over there, who has developed a walther ppk wallet gun...
...''now pay attention, double-Oh-fatcat''
do try to return the aston martin in one piece

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 10:15:16 PM »

I have no interest in forever hauling a couple pounds of steel around with me for protection.

This is my main reserve about getting a gun for defensive purposes should they be made legal/i move somewhere they are legal.

They make lightweight guns for women that I'm sure you'd be happy with.
ZING
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 10:58:09 PM »

If you're going to carry a gun for protection, I'd assume you want something that's actually going to do the job, not something so lightweight it'll only annoy the person you shoot.

In any case, I just don't want to shoot anyone. They can have the wallet, and what little is inside it. I'm not too worried at home. They won't get into the house.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

fatcat

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »

If you look how big mobile phones where 20 years ago, I don't think anyone would buy one that big nowadays because of the hassle it would involve. Would you rather have a "womans" cell phone? Or a manly one the size of a brick. I'm guessing with modern batteries, one of those old phones could probably go years without a recharge. Plus you could probably do some damage if you threw it at someone.

Its pretty short sighted to believe the only useful method of self protection there's ever gonna be is in the form of big lump of metal/polymer where lead comes out of the end.

Here's the kind of thing i would be interested in, except its not really that useful since when its folded up its bigger than alot of pistols already.

[youtube=425,350]D99NHb6B03s[/youtube]

Riddler

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 09:32:49 AM »

too right old boy

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 10:50:56 AM »

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/

9mm

http://www.seecamp.com/products.htm

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3at.htm

Sheesh. And you can buy a variety of pocket holsters for them that look exactly like a wallet.

Here's one:

http://unclegeorgeswalletholster.com/default.aspx
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

fatcat

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 02:38:37 PM »

hey, I haven't even met a person who's seen a gun, im allowed to be broadly ignorant about guns.

thanks for the info John.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 03:02:17 PM »

im allowed to be broadly ignorant about guns.

I said "sheesh" rather than "Google It!" so as to look like slightly less of a jerk about it.

The point is, is that there is a whole market for small carry guns. Look for "Carry" and "Subcompact"

Don't bother with anything smaller than .380 - And for me personally, .380 is still a little anemic.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »

Don't bother with anything smaller than .380 - And for me personally, .380 is still a little anemic.

True....I can't wait to get a .45.  Although I do still want a Derringer, because they're cute-- maybe one of these
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Questions for gun owners

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.