Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Protests on 4/20
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Protests on 4/20  (Read 1232 times)

rabidfurby

Protests on 4/20
« on: April 12, 2006, 05:48:34 PM »

Anyone else doing any anti-drug war activism on 4/20?

The Western Washington University Libertarians, of which I'm vice chair, are building a 6' tall bong out of metal ductwork that's going to be smoking from dry ice. We're going to have it in the middle of campus, Red Square, for 3 hours on 4/20. We're also passing out brownies (not the special kind...we're not trying to get arrested) This is at a university that's fairly well-known for its pot-smoking students (we got an Honorable Mention when High Times did a list of the Top 10 Counterculture Schools in 2002)

We're getting tons of publicity from this too. The Western Front, our twice-weekly school paper, is doing a preview article on the event for next Tuesday's (the 18th) paper, and we're slated for a front-page article with a picture of the montrosity the following Tuesday. This is in addition to a very favorable article in yesterday's paper profiling Bruce Guthrie, a WWU lecturer (and the WWU Libertarians faculty adviser) who was nominated at the LPWA state convention last weekend to run for U.S. Senate against the Democratic incumbent, Maria Cantwell.

I plan on calling in to FTL on 4/20 to report on the protest, and I'll be posting all the pictures and links to the articles here. I'll also post copies of the construction details for anyone who wants to build their own fake bong for protests. We got the idea from a similar event the University of Washington Libertarians held, so it only seems right to pass the idea on.

For now, here's a picture of it during construction. We're going to paint it this weekend with pot leaves, clouds of smoke, and "WWU LIBERTARIANS" down the side. To get an idea of how big it is, Bruce, standing a couple feet behind it, is 6'2".
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10059989je.jpg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Protests on 4/20

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 29 queries.