Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Privacy of sons and daughters?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Privacy of sons and daughters?  (Read 1424 times)

feedmeliberty

• View Profile
Privacy of sons and daughters?
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:26:55 AM »

Stossel had an interesting guest who was upset that his college-student son was caught by the university using heroin and some time later died of an overdose. He said the school should have notified him when the son was caught so he could have tried to save him from his addiction. Who's right? I thought it also made for an interesting hypothetical question too.

Pizzly

• View Profile
Re: Privacy of sons and daughters?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:29:16 AM »

I wouldn't want information like that about myself made known. I think privacy is important for everyone, family doesn't change that much.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:43:35 PM »

Most colleges likely inform the parents of stuff like that.  Some colleges likely even advertise that they do.  Though, unless it is in a contract that was signed, the college certainly doesn't have to do it at the risk of monetary loses if not done.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:05:47 PM »

If the kid was in college then he was probably 18. Under that age, and living at home, children legally are under the guardianship of their parents, and have only whatever privacy their agents allow them.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Privacy of sons and daughters?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 31 queries.