Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Premeditated provocation by so-called "peace activists" ends in bloodshed
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Premeditated provocation by so-called "peace activists" ends in bloodshed  (Read 22635 times)

avshae

Does anyone have good info on why the IHH is considered a terrorist org? Just saying "Anti American with ties to Muslim Brotherhood" doesn't do it for me. What are their crimes?

http://counterterrorismblog.org/2010/06/shooting_the_messenger_a_look.php

Is sounds like their crime is the use of violence (primarily by trafficking arms) in an attempt to establish an Islamic state in Turkey. Are you prepared to condemn all organizations which use violence and/or traffic arms in the creation of a religious state?

No. The IHH's crime is that they are connected and have financially aided and supplied organizations that are regarded in the international community as terrorist orgs. And they did this using a humanitarian cover. Like you go to mosque, donate money for poor Gaza children or something like that, they hand it over to Hamas who put it to use in ultimately making Gaza children even more miserable.

Ecolitan

• View Profile

No. The IHH's crime is that they are connected and have financially aided and supplied organizations that are regarded in the international community as terrorist orgs. And they did this using a humanitarian cover. Like you go to mosque, donate money for poor Gaza children or something like that, they hand it over to Hamas who put it to use in ultimately making Gaza children even more miserable.

I hear they spend 90% of it on 'the people'.  That's a pretty good number for any humanitarian organization.  If I can't find someone who wants a few bucks to send another boat to Gaza I just might find me a mosque.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile

I hear they spend 90% of it on 'the people'.  That's a pretty good number for any humanitarian organization.  If I can't find someone who wants a few bucks to send another boat to Gaza I just might find me a mosque.
If you mean on distributing explosive vests and thick sweaters to small children and RPG's and AK47's to Hamas terrorists you might be on to something with that 90% stat...

The problem is that even the Turkish government has identified these folks as arms traffickers.

Now if they were just distributing small arms to Gaza rebels (i.e. not members of Hamas) I don't think I'd be upset about that.  But they have been implicated in arming Hamas terrorists.

"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ecolitan

• View Profile

That's just a ridiculous and stupid thing to say surely you didn't expect me to believe it.  No doubt they buy a few rpg's but 90%...  Impossible!  There are still Israelis left alive.

davann

I hear they spend 90% of it on 'the people'.  That's a pretty good number for any humanitarian organization.  If I can't find someone who wants a few bucks to send another boat to Gaza I just might find me a mosque.

Don't do that. Seriously, don't. The current climate makes it even dangerous to joke about. This is about the same thing as blurting out in a public area that you are willing to hide Jews in your cellar if anyone is interested and the year is 1942 and you are in downtown Berlin. Dangerous stuff dude.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:27:59 PM by davann »

avshae

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

...unless the shoe fits...

Ecolitan

• View Profile

I hear they spend 90% of it on 'the people'.  That's a pretty good number for any humanitarian organization.  If I can't find someone who wants a few bucks to send another boat to Gaza I just might find me a mosque.

Don't do that. Seriously, don't. The current climate makes it even dangerous to joke about. This is about the same thing as blurting out in a public area that you are willing to hide Jews in your cellar if anyone is interested and the year is 1942 and you are in downtown Berlin. Dangerous stuff dude.

meh, somebody's got to.  If they want to lock up the homeless guy for spouting his mouth off about bringing down israel I'll make as much noise as possible on the way.

Riddler

anyway, my long-time contention matches, unfortunately,  that of that liberal arab-shrew, helen thomas
the jews should have been allowed to occupy/own 1/2 of germany, after the war.
never wood-a been 9/11, most likely.

avshae

Even a thousand demagogue experts pulling all-nighters for ten years couldn't make it fit.

On the flip side, there is no need for any stretching to compare the Palestinians to Nazis since their leaders at the time were actually enthusiastic Nazi supporters.

avshae

Get a load 'a this.

Israel's new supporter of the naval blockade on Gaza: none other than Mahmoud Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority.

See anybody with a brain, Abbas no exception, knows that bringing down Hamas is the first thing that must be done if there is ever to be peace in the region.

So we have this nice agreement by just about all parties in the region (Israel, Egypt, PA), not just the eeeveeel Zionists, that the blockade is a required measure.

Ecolitan

• View Profile

The PLA offered Israel something very reasonable.  The same thing that was suggested by the head of US forces in 1948 as absolutely necessary to avoid wholesale oppression.  Israel has rejected it repeatedly. 

That's WHY you have Hamas.  Palestinians figured out Israel won't be reasonable and doesn't want to coexist in peace.  Well, you got it.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Even a thousand demagogue experts pulling all-nighters for ten years couldn't make it fit.

On the flip side, there is no need for any stretching to compare the Palestinians to Nazis since their leaders at the time were actually enthusiastic Nazi supporters.

Gee...I wonder why.

avshae

Gee...I wonder why.

Probably since they thought Hitler's plan to exterminate all the Jews fit perfectly well with their own wish to do the same. Luckily for Jews and the rest of the free world, good ultimately triumphed over evil.

blackie

Luckily for Jews and the rest of the free world, good ultimately triumphed over evil.
Wars aren't about good and evil.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Premeditated provocation by so-called "peace activists" ends in bloodshed

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.