Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Porcfest 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Porcfest 2006  (Read 14664 times)

FreeStater

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Porcfest 2006
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 10:26:54 PM »

Hell yes, I'm going!

PorCFest is a HUGE party, and is an amazing opportunity to network with freedom activists from around the country.  Since there are already plenty of politically active people who have moved to NH as part of the FSP, you can get an insider's advice on how to make the move easy & efficient, where to find housing and employment, and how to most effectively apply your individual skill set to acheiving Liberty in our lifetimes.

Last year was a blast:  http://www.freestateproject.org/news/festival/festival05/reports/walker/     8)

The beautiful and talented Kate Rick will be the organizer this year, and we expect PorcFest '06 to be bigger and better - the biggest and best yet! 

More information about the FSP PorCFest can be found at:

http://www.freestateproject.org/news/festival/

and

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=60.0

We went to the first official festival in 2004, and it changed our minds completely about the FSP and making the move to NH.  The people who are moving to NH and making a difference are the real, dedicated, hard-core freedom activists that everyone wished they had more of in their community.  They're motivated, hard-working people who don't wait for permission ... or for anyone else.  They MAKE freedom happen _NOW_ !  I'm considered somewhat of a radical, top-of-the-Nolan-chart Libertarian in my area, but these people really hold me in awe.  I'm a small-time moderate in comparison.  Not to move, not to make the truly small risk involved in going to NH and TRYING, would be a failure on my part, a betrayal of honor to my principles and the people who I know share them and act on them.  As my eyes continually open to the terrifying levels of statism and government abuse, I also can't stand the cesspool that I live in, and NH and the FSP really is the only viable option that I see for me.  I can't "go along to get along."  Every Right, every Liberty, every "freedom" and promise that was part of the deal to federalize the US is gone or for all intents and purposes might as well be.  We're headed down a bad road, and I don't see any path for improvement in sight.  When the SHTF, which may happen even sooner than _I_ think, I'm going to need all the friends and support I can get in a community dedicated to freedom as the Founders intended, or better.

As for the weather, I can't say that winter in NH was any different than the winters I've experienced in NJ, NY, MD, or VA.  If anything, the people there are far better prepared, since they grasp the concept that winter in something that happens EVERY YEAR, and so are not stunned when snow falls from the sky and are not caught unprepared.  I can't say that it was any colder in Keene, Concord, or Manchester than anywhere else tends to be. 

Washington (that traitorous statist [Whiskey Rebellion]) led troops across the Delaware to battle King George III's police - wearing uniforms with red coats.  I think I can deal with the comparatively mild weather with 21st Century comforts while battling with King George Bush II's police - wearing uniforms with blue coats.  If you think heat is expensive, try tyranny.  :shock:

FreeStater
Fighting tyranny - one petty bureaucrat at a time.

Neal Jayu

• wears asian speedos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 10:18:31 AM »

I plan on being there. The airfare is cheap, only $177 from Orlando to Manchester. The problem that I will run into is where to stay. I don't exactly have enough cash to spend for a hotel every night. I'm hoping to eventually get in contact with some FSPers who'd allow me to crash on their couch, or pitch a tent on their lawn.

Ooh, I just remembered that there's a website where people who will let you crash for free have postings of their info and terms. I think I'm on it, I just forget the name of it. Hrm. Anyone know of it?

fisher

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 10:31:18 AM »

The beautiful and talented Kate Rick will be the organizer this year,
Adam?

bonerjoe

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 10:41:59 AM »

Where's the party in Grafton?

fisher

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 10:44:44 AM »

I think someone suggested moving procfest to grafton once, to Bob Hull's property.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 10:50:33 AM by fisher »

fisher

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 10:48:44 AM »

Where's the party in Grafton?
John Babiarz's house?

bonerjoe

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 10:57:57 AM »

Were they his brain trust? I guess that didn't work.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 11:57:03 AM »

If all goes as planned, Manwich, Julia, and I will be there for Porcfest.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Neal Jayu

• wears asian speedos
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 12:03:46 PM »

Ah, great, I found the site!

The Hospitality Club

So yeah, if anyone's got a couch or a front lawn and are willing to host one or two college age Free Staters, that would be awesome and very appreciated.

Where are other people who're making the trip staying?

fisher

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 12:04:29 PM »

Dude, it is a fucking campground.

fisher

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 12:05:37 PM »

If all goes as planned, Manwich, Julia, and I will be there for Porcfest.

So, you plan on buying a place before then?

Are you only looking at vacant properties?

TN_FSP

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006, 12:23:17 PM »

I plan on being there. The airfare is cheap, only $177 from Orlando to Manchester. The problem that I will run into is where to stay. I don't exactly have enough cash to spend for a hotel every night. I'm hoping to eventually get in contact with some FSPers who'd allow me to crash on their couch, or pitch a tent on their lawn.

Bring a tent and a sleeping bag and you will be OK.  Remember, this is at Roger's campground.

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2006, 01:32:42 PM »

So, you plan on buying a place before then?

Are you only looking at vacant properties?

Yes, no.  I'd prefer it be occupied when I buy so I can collect rent while we're not there.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

fisher

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 01:52:04 PM »

Kinda weird, but to each his own. If I was renting out a place, I would want to choose the renter. Sounds kinda risky. There is a housing shortage in NH, so finding a renter shouldn't be a problem.

So, will FTL drop to fewer hosts, or will torgo, johnson and jason work remote.....does julia get to become a host?

Does Manwich plan on quiting his day job?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 01:54:35 PM by fisher »

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 02:17:06 PM »

Kinda weird, but to each his own. If I was renting out a place, I would want to choose the renter. Sounds kinda risky. There is a housing shortage in NH, so finding a renter shouldn't be a problem.

So, will FTL drop to fewer hosts, or will torgo, johnson and jason work remote.....does julia get to become a host?

Does Manwich plan on quiting his day job?

I'm not sure which co-hosts will come up when, and Julia is not interested in that role at the moment.

Yes, Manwich will be quitting his job and working FTL full time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Porcfest 2006

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.