Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Police Shootings are MURDER.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Police Shootings are MURDER.  (Read 7857 times)

Pizzly

• View Profile
Police Shootings are MURDER.
« on: September 27, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »

I'm tired of hearing excuses. Police shootings are cold blooded murder.

I'm probably young and still kind of naive, but I think it's fair to be a little terrified of this rise in Gestapo like behavior.  http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/09/25/secrecy/index.html

I feel my life it threatened everytime I'm near a military member or police officer. (philosophically more than literally, a lot of police are old and fat)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:53:48 AM by Pizzly »
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

BonerJoe

Re: Police Shootings are MURDER.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »

What are you getting upset for? As a pacifist, you can't do anything about it.

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »

I'm probably young and still kind of naive, but I think it's fair to be a little terrified of this rise in Gestapo like behavior.  http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/09/25/secrecy/index.html

I feel my life it threatened everytime I'm near a military member or police officer. (philosophically more than literally, a lot of police are old and fat)

I agree completely. Cops are brutal and rarely face the consequences of their actions. It ain't what it used to be.

Just in the past month or two there were several stories of tasering or attacking the elderly or other harmless citizens.

Will Grigg does a great job of chronicling these abuses, check here. But as you read some of these stories, be prepared to get very pissed off.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »

What are you getting upset for? As a pacifist, you can't do anything about it.

Sign me up.  I'll beat and kill and won't collect tax.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 11:27:09 PM »

I agree completely. Cops are brutal and rarely face the consequences of their actions. It ain't what it used to be.

Just in the past month or two there were several stories of tasering or attacking the elderly or other harmless citizens.

Will Grigg does a great job of chronicling these abuses, check here. But as you read some of these stories, be prepared to get very pissed off.

It gets to be too much at times.  I'm on the verge of purging my google reader subscriptions and just burying my head in the sand until I move to NH and can attempt to make change happen.  That's our only hope IMHO.  That or a violent uprising.  I'm more on the side of peaceful evolution.

AntonLee

• The Beast from the East
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »

I'm finding it harder and harder to read these stories without wanting to _______

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 11:40:56 PM »

Just remember that they are a gang comprised of gangsters. No less than any other gang. How often do you get mad at the Italian Mafia? Hells Angels? Yakuza? Mugabe the Crocodile?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:46 AM »

Wheres tom?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 12:36:11 AM »

Wheres tom?

Violent Tom? He hasnt been around for a bit.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 02:05:49 AM »

Why would you feel uncomfortable around soldiers?  They don't have any jurisdiction here nor do they want it.  The ones here are on vacation from war and want to relax not shoot people.

Cops on the other hand... they make me feel uncomfortable.  They have jurisdiction and get off on figuring out little things to harass any citizen about.  No matter what you're doing they'll be able to figure out some charge to hang on you if they're in the mood to screw people over. 
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 02:53:29 AM »

OK, so how are police shootings the same as classifying military targets for assasination?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 03:02:45 AM »

OK, so how are police shootings the same as classifying military targets for assasination?

In a personal sense, I can be targeted by the police any day at random. In fact just last week they were knocking on my door at 4AM acting like thugs, covering the peephole with their finger, refusing to identify themselves.  Very nasty situation.

The military on the other hand? I have a friend there. They arent likely to target me or anyone I know. Thus, I'm less likely to be afraid and uncomfortable because I dont feel directly threatened. ANY situation with a cop could end very badly for myself. Day or night, anywhere.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 03:27:37 AM »

The reason why I asked that is because... that's what the news article is about

Did anyone notice?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 09:24:33 AM »

Why would you feel uncomfortable around soldiers?  They don't have any jurisdiction here nor do they want it.

With the overturning of the Posse Comitatus act in 2007, they DO have jurisdiction at any time the president chooses:

Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122) (2), which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th, 2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder."

President Bush seized this unprecedented power on the very same day that he signed the equally odious Military Commissions Act of 2006. In a sense, the two laws complement one another. One allows for torture and detention abroad, while the other seeks to enforce acquiescence at home, preparing to order the military onto the streets of America. Remember, the term for putting an area under military law enforcement control is precise; the term is "martial law."
ENTIRE STORY

As for what the soldiers want, that is irrelevant: they are slaves. When/if the day comes and they are ordered to patrol the streets, conduct household raids, etc. they will do so. And the first time it happens, whether for "fighting terrorism" or drug dealers, it will be an insight to the future. The proverbial camel's nose will be under the tent. The masses will cheer.

I make no distinction between any of the endless assortment of armed government employees. Whatever costume they may happen to be wearing, or whatever pieces of state-approved metal or cloth that may be attached to them means nothing to me: they are all armed enforcers of government policy. Maybe Pizz feels the same way . . . ?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:31:03 AM by Branlin »

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 10:11:01 AM »

Sometimes.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Police Shootings are MURDER.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 32 queries.