Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Poison Ivy And Coconut Nick Pull A Fast One In Keene, Soundwave's Common Sense!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poison Ivy And Coconut Nick Pull A Fast One In Keene, Soundwave's Common Sense!  (Read 2375 times)

NHArticleTen

Poison Ivy And Coconut Nick Pull A Fast One In Keene, Soundwave's Common Sense!

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=1061.msg10222#msg10222
This may not be a popular thing to say, but I'm going to give my honest opinion on the matter:

I'd like to preface this, Bill, by saying that I have always liked you, and never looked down on you for anything that went on in your personal life. I understand your anger and sadness right now, especially on top of everything else that is going on in your life, but I think you need to take a step back and think about this for a while before reacting.

Allow me to tell a personal story. Before I met Ian, I was with a guy named Brad for four years, and though it was not perfect, we had a pretty awesome relationship. Maybe after two years or so, Brad told me one day that he had cheated on me, and he kept lying about how far it had gone. At the time, I was heartbroken. I can't think of a time when I felt more shitty, and I dwelled on it for a long time, and always held it against him. Fast forward two more years, and even though things were great, for some reason, I really wanted to meet Ian, and I started emailing him behind Brad's back, until we did meet, and I made the hard decision to leave Brad for Ian. 

Since that time, my perspective on cheating has totally changed. Now, I don't want to make it sound like I think cheating is good, because that is not the case. I am not proud of what I did, but people make mistakes, and that's important so you can reflect and learn from them. I think cheating is cowardly and dishonest, but since I did it, even though I knew how much it hurt me, I can understand what goes through a person's mind while they are doing it.  The chemicals in the brain are very strong, and really, that makes a lot of sense from a biological standpoint. I honestly don't believe that humans were meant to be monogamous, and that the chemicals in our brains encourage us to fuck a bunch of people to help our species survive. There are some practical aspects in our modern day society to monogamy, but that's why I think communication about sex and what's going on in your head is so important in any relationship. I also think that people often confuse sex and love. Sometimes they go together, but not always.

Bill, I'm offering this as friendly advice, because I understand how dangerous it can be to be so angry. Please take a step back, calm down, and really look at this situation. It takes two to tango as they say, so logically any anger that you feel towards Nick, you should equally feel towards Ivy. Also, you should be able to understand where I am coming from on issue of cheating, because you too, have been in a similar position. The only thing I think Nick and Ivy both did wrong was not communicate what was going on with Bill.

I am truely sorry for all the shitty things going on in your life right now, but making it better is all in your hands, and being angry is not the best way to go about it, and not a good way to live your life. To forgive is right on!

Rock On Julia!

enjoy!

fatcat

good post

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile

It's a shame so many people get so worked up over sex, and that most people in relationships are too scared to be honest about what they are thinking/feeling. I believe it's a learned behavior, and one can get over this if they actually put the effort into gaining control of their emotions instead of just reacting.

As you can probably tell, this is one of my favorite topics. Well, sexuality in general is.
Julia

Njal

• Anarcho-Rodent
  • Being better than you for 30 years!
    • View Profile
    • High North Alliance

It's a shame so many people get so worked up over sex, and that most people in relationships are too scared to be honest about what they are thinking/feeling. I believe it's a learned behavior, and one can get over this if they actually put the effort into gaining control of their emotions instead of just reacting.

As you can probably tell, this is one of my favorite topics. Well, sexuality in general is.

Have you ever considered blogging on the subject? It could be a relatively low effort way to play with your thoughts.
Don't be that guy.

Soundwave

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Ya know, I am very self conscious about my writing. I blame government English class for that.
Julia

NHArticleTen

Ya know, I am very self conscious about my writing. I blame government English class for that.

expand the show...

Free Sex-Talk Live?

NHArticleTen

expand the show...

Free Sex-Talk Live?

Dr. Phil and Montel look out!

Bill Brasky

You're very good at it, you should do it more often.  It comes across as comfortable, conversational and genuine. 

Evil Muppet

• View Profile

I'm in if you want to do a show about sex.  It is one of my favorite subjects. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Soundwave

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Well thanks guys! It's a lot easier to write about something you are passionate about, and sex just happens to be that topic for me. I have given serious thought to tuning my skills up and doing some sort of sex radio show in the future. I have always said that if there is one thing I would love to get paid to do, it's talk about sex.

Coming from you Brasky (you'll always be Brasky to me  :D) that actually means a lot, as I love your writing style. You pretty much take what I am thinking and put it into words in a cool suave way.
Julia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Poison Ivy And Coconut Nick Pull A Fast One In Keene, Soundwave's Common Sense!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 33 queries.