Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  People/beliefs that annoy you the most.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: People/beliefs that annoy you the most.  (Read 16579 times)

Pizzly

• View Profile
Re: People/beliefs that annoy you the most.
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 11:31:45 PM »

I have to add people who vote, given today was elections. I asked my dad who he voted for and he said "I don't know...the Democrats."
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2010, 12:14:28 AM »

I have to add people who vote, given today was elections. I asked my dad who he voted for and he said "I don't know...the Democrats."

I don't mind people who vote.  I mind the people who think there's something wrong with people who don't vote.  I was thinking earlier today that if I heard one more person say "You don't have a right to complain if you don't vote," I would punch them in the face.  Words cannot express how sick I am of that moronitude.  It's so idiotic it deserves a new word. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:05:35 AM by Rillion »

davann

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »

Don't believe the results. These things are fixed. There is far too much money at stake for it not to be. Just like the World Series and Super Bowl. The idea that voting matters is for people that still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Don't let the fake results sour your opinion of your neighbors. They win if you start buying into their game. How else do you think a local community organizer ended up in the White House? It was planned. Obamba was seen as clay that was a good speaker they could form to what ever shape they wanted. He fit their agenda. Just like every politico that won tonight. It is a fixed game in place to appease the masses.

Don't believe me? Just look at the Shara Palin story. She was an outsider from bum fuck Alaska. No one seen her coming. Within 24 hours of being chosen as McInsane's VP she was on a plane with the Israeli lobby group. A straight flight of at least 4 hours with them talking in her ear. Within 24 hours. She is a lost cause. She has been bought. The point is, these things even when unplanned are quickly and efficiently "managed".

Okay, I've been drinking. But that is the way I see it. Don't loose faith in your fellow human. We are good inherently. It is just that power corrupts... yada yada yada. Don't loose faith. It is a game.

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2010, 12:21:20 AM »

Don't believe the results. These things are fixed. There is far too much money at stake for it not to be. Just like the World Series and Super Bowl. The idea that voting matters is for people that still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Don't let the fake results sour your opinion of your neighbors. They win if you start buying into their game. How else do you think a local community organizer ended up in the White House? It was planned. Obamba was seen as clay that was a good speaker they could form to what ever shape they wanted. He fit their agenda. Just like every politico that won tonight. It is a fixed game in place to appease the masses.

Don't believe me? Just look at the Shara Palin story. She was an outsider from bum fuck Alaska. No one seen her coming. Within 24 hours of being chosen as McInsane's VP she was on a plane with the Israeli lobby group. A straight flight of at least 4 hours with them talking in her ear. Within 24 hours. She is a lost cause. She has been bought. The point is, these things even when unplanned are quickly and efficiently "managed".

Okay, I've been drinking. But that is the way I see it. Don't loose faith in your fellow human. We are good inherently. It is just that power corrupts... yada yada yada. Don't loose faith. It is a game.

Damn skippy!  Only, I wouldn't make a positive statement, but a negative one.  That is, the only opinion poll that matters is that of the voting machines, because your vote wasn't counted.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »

Anyone else want to fuck these puppets as a kid?

want to fuck these puppets

fuck these puppets

fuck puppets
wat
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »

I don't mind people who vote.  I mind the people who think there's something wrong with people who don't vote.  I was thinking earlier today that if I heard one more person say "You don't have a right to complain if you don't vote," I would punch them in the face.  Words cannot express how sick I am of that moronitude.  It's so idiotic it deserves a new word. 

If you've never seen Carlin on this, it will make you laugh -- and he's right. I ran across this a couple of years ago, and it is a classic. Check especially around 2:00:

I threw this back at a couple of voting buddies, who didn't think I had any right to complain, and they were at a loss for words.

[youtube]xIraCchPDhk[/youtube]

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2010, 12:16:09 AM »

People who think that they are supporters of the free market, yet oppose free trade (I'm thinking of the Constitution Party, primarily).  Saying that you are for the free market but oppose free trade is like saying that you are for sexual abstinence, but don't care much for chastity.
For God and Free Trade

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2010, 12:24:39 AM »

People who say that the "American Civil War" was only about slavery.
For God and Free Trade

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2010, 12:43:25 AM »

People who think that Toy Story 3 could ever be as good as this:

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbZtfznQb-Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbZtfznQb-Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbZtfznQb-Y
For God and Free Trade

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2010, 11:24:37 AM »

Heh, and to go one step farther:

Those who call the "War of Northern Aggression" the "American Civil War."

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2010, 11:42:21 AM »

How about those who insist it had nothing to do with slavery?

What do you call world war 2?

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2010, 12:00:29 PM »

People who blame the economic collapse on deregulation...  ARGH!  (And, in the same paragraph, say that it's not fair that the "Wall Street people" make a lot of money and have big houses and cars and boats, so we should just go and take those away from them...  but they still think the bailouts were a good idea.)

^^^That. I swear if its not the evil NeoCons, its the fucking shitheel NeoLibs. Its called 'Cognitive Dissonance much?'.

Edit: Oh, and assholes who call you racist when you state that, yes, even racist assholes have the unalienable right to freedom of speech and association. Cause, apparently, 'that makes you a racist' as well. Fucking hypocritical asstards.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:04:46 PM by Brooklyn Red Leg »
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

cavalier973

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2010, 12:40:47 PM »

I call it "The First War of the Southern Secession"; but I use the dumbed-down "ACW" because it's the convetional label that most people will understand.
For God and Free Trade

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »

The Civil War wasn't directly about slavery, but slavery was involved in a convoluted way.  It was really about tariffs, and the US Government's insistence on using them to coerce the south, followed by the US Government's insistence on disallowing the right of the people in the south to dissociate from their previous federal government.  The slavery excuses are lame because Lincoln and others offered to capitulate on the slave trade to get the south back into the union.  Further, when Lincoln "freed" the slaves, he did so in the south, during the war, and backed anti-immigration policies to keep them in the south.

You can argue that it was all "in the context" of slavery (which was not only in the south, and most southerners did not own slaves), but the above makes it obvious that there were other factors which were "more important" to the people who were willing to kill each other.

Branlin

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2010, 01:29:42 PM »

What do you call world war 2?

World War II.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  People/beliefs that annoy you the most.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.