Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Penn Jillette endorses FSP
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Penn Jillette endorses FSP  (Read 3216 times)

fatcat

Penn Jillette endorses FSP
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »

http://freekeene.com/2009/06/08/penn-jillette-endorses-keene-activism-and-the-free-state-project/

Not sure if this has already been posted up, but heres a pretty impressive endorsement by libertarian-juggler extraordinaire Penn Jillete for the FSP.

Since theres no youtube video up I'll post the embedd code in protest against the lack of forum features.

<embed src="http://crackle.com/p/Penn_Says/Live_Free_or_Die.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#869ca7" width="500" height="281" name="mtgPlayer" align="middle" play="true" loop="false" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="id=2475758&mu=0&ap=0&ml=o%3D12%26fpl%3D377781%26fx%3D" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"> </embed>
 <div style="font-family:"Trebuchet MS";font-size:12px;width:500px;"> From Crackle: <a href="http://crackle.com/c/Penn_Says/Live_Free_or_Die/2475758/" title="Live Free or Die" style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:bold;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;word-wrap:break-word;">Live Free or Die[/url]</div>

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
Re: Penn Jillette endorses FSP
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 10:04:05 PM »

When did the definition of endorsement change from a pledge of money and manpower to celebrity mention in a positive light?

An in-kind donation of advertisement is great, but "good for thee, but not for me" seems tepid.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

blackie

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 10:20:43 PM »

The Free State People.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »

There is a delay between the Penn Says on Crackle to You Tube.  It should be up in a couple of days.

fatcat

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:05:54 AM »

When did the definition of endorsement change from a pledge of money and manpower to celebrity mention in a positive light?

An in-kind donation of advertisement is great, but "good for thee, but not for me" seems tepid.

Penn Jillette even mentioning the Free state project is worth the equivalent of hundreds of dollars in donations.

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »

Penn Jillette even mentioning the Free state project is worth the equivalent of hundreds of dollars in donations.

ia.
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

blackie

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 11:39:49 AM »

Donating money to the FSP almost like burning it.

One would be much better off donating the money to a specific project a FSP participant is doing.

Jetfire

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 07:08:30 PM »

One of the few celebs who have my respect.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 10:23:25 PM »

One would be much better off donating the money to a specific project a FSP participant is doing.

As an FSP member, I concur with this statement.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 07:29:59 PM »

Yay Penn!
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 12:56:45 AM »

As an FSP member, I concur with this statement.

If by 'project' you mean 'retirement fund' it would sure make me more likely to join.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Penn Jillette endorses FSP

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.