Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Other Peoples Anger
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Other Peoples Anger  (Read 4226 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Other Peoples Anger
« on: July 08, 2009, 02:34:54 PM »

A few weeks back, I was driving from Flatbush to Monsey, and on the George Washington bridge, I needed to switch over to a lane on my right.

I look back on my blind spot, and rear view, and there is plenty of room, so I put on my blinkers and start crossing over.

Hoooooooooooooooooonkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled back over in my lane because some idiot saw my turn signal, then sped into my area and began honking at me because of it.

He then pulls behind me and like some stupid pseudo cop begins flashing his lights, and honks.

Then he pulls aside me and still honking "orders" me to "pull over".Nevermind the fact that there is no place to pull over, a glance at his car reveals several unhappy looking minorities.

I assess the situation. These guys have numerical courage so they want to administer an ass-kicking on their own terms. They have no real way of getting me off the road. The only options they have that would scare me is ramming or shooting, and neither is a likely situation. I have a rental and can ram it into things day in and day out, because I already paid the insurance. Sun Tsu would tell me duking it out would result in my loss and not theirs.

I decide that for all intents and purposes there is nothing they can do to me. I dont have to care a bit about their anger, and the most infuriating thing to do is to not reciprocate. I turn to them, smile and wave, then cut them off and drive home.

How do you deal with other peoples anger?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Hideaki769

Re: Other Peoples Anger
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 02:41:28 PM »

I woulda pulled over when I could and beat some sense into them. If it's someone I know I might try and calm them down but what can you really do? No point in getting caught up in their pace. Let them honk and act like idiots. I got a boxing bag in my garage to deal with my anger issues so i keep relatively calm and patient in regards to idiots or bad shit happening.

davann

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »

I do what ever I can to intensify it like say something smart, do a Utah moving road block if on the road, flirt with their girlfried some more, catch a two outer on the river and so on. The moron is more then likely a statist so I enjoy it when they get mad at me for a change.

Hideaki769

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 03:59:54 PM »

I did that once and I had 6 guys on me right as I exited the bar. Ended up at the hospital for a day.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 04:02:20 PM »

A few weeks back, I was driving from Flatbush to Monsey, and on the George Washington bridge, I needed to switch over to a lane on my right.

I look back on my blind spot, and rear view, and there is plenty of room, so I put on my blinkers and start crossing over.

Hoooooooooooooooooonkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled back over in my lane because some idiot saw my turn signal, then sped into my area and began honking at me because of it.

He then pulls behind me and like some stupid pseudo cop begins flashing his lights, and honks.

Then he pulls aside me and still honking "orders" me to "pull over".Nevermind the fact that there is no place to pull over, a glance at his car reveals several unhappy looking minorities.

I assess the situation. These guys have numerical courage so they want to administer an ass-kicking on their own terms. They have no real way of getting me off the road. The only options they have that would scare me is ramming or shooting, and neither is a likely situation. I have a rental and can ram it into things day in and day out, because I already paid the insurance. Sun Tsu would tell me duking it out would result in my loss and not theirs.

I decide that for all intents and purposes there is nothing they can do to me. I dont have to care a bit about their anger, and the most infuriating thing to do is to not reciprocate. I turn to them, smile and wave, then cut them off and drive home.

How do you deal with other peoples anger?

I never understood why people behave that way.  Especially on the road.  If there is one place you shouldn't fuck around, it's while driving. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Zat

• View Profile
    • Just a photo gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »

Mime fellatio at them.

blackie

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »

I woulda pulled over when I could and beat some sense into them. If it's someone I know I might try and calm them down but what can you really do? No point in getting caught up in their pace. Let them honk and act like idiots. I got a boxing bag in my garage to deal with my anger issues so i keep relatively calm and patient in regards to idiots or bad shit happening.

Its the GW bridge. Impossible to pull over, besides they outnumbered me. People often say and do things they wouldnt if they were alone. I call this phemenon "numerical courage".

I laughed in their faces at their worthless little anger. Methinks throwing all their rage back at them in the form of laughter is the most infuriating thing I could do.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Hideaki769

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »

Oh i was kidding lol u already mentioned you couldnt pull over beside I wouldnt let it get to me I would probably either give a big smile or laugh too.

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
  • Dr. Montessori: Discipline through liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 12:20:36 PM »

Show them your cell phone. Tell them you're calling 911. They'll probably take off.

If you can't resist revenge (not recommended), take off after them, flashing your highs and honking.

Now the tables are turned.
As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.

Hideaki769

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »

What good would calling the police do? Thats just a silly tactic while driving and in that situation. In california it's illegal to use a cell while driving anyway I dont know where it happened. If they arent doing anything illegal its a pointless scare tactic.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 07:23:57 PM »

Pretend like you're pulling a piece outa your jacket, point your finger at them and go "boom".  Then laugh and ignore them because short of ramming your car off the road there's nothing they can do about it.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

fatcat

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 07:41:41 PM »

whip out your dick and start rubbing it on the side window to display your male dominance

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »

I think a good move for women is to wink and blow a kiss at them. For men it might not be as advisable, unless you are feeling tough.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
  • Dr. Montessori: Discipline through liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 08:56:30 AM »

Pretend like you're pulling a piece outa your jacket, point your finger at them and go "boom".  Then laugh and ignore them because short of ramming your car off the road there's nothing they can do about it.

Unless you get stuck in stopped traffic together. Then they smash your window and pull you from your car.

As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Other Peoples Anger

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 33 queries.