Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ostracism
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ostracism  (Read 6231 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Ostracism
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 02:03:15 AM »

Hey im easy like sunday mornin', so whatever way you think is best as far as the 510's, thats cool. Im in no hurry for anything really. I have enough stuff lying around to last at least a month before even thinking about ordering.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 02:29:46 AM »

These xl cartos hold about 2 ml. 

Sometimes the design gets a little weird and starts gurgling.  I'm pretty sure its occasional.  I've had successful individual cartos, and someimes you get one that is just a dullard. 

I've only been through a pack or so, in the last two weeks.  They last.  I might be being too cheap with 'em.  But they should last two days, for fucks sake.

I try to be a little thrifty about it.  In the last half a day, it starts to taste pretty bluh.  (Gotta finish your juice!.)

But they're a nice alternative.  You'll either think they're okay, or you'll absolutely hate 'em. 

Thats why I don't wanna send a real lot of those.  2 - 3, should last a month.

Have you tried dripping yet?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 03:13:08 AM »

Partially agree with the O.P.. I would like to pin down what charisma is someday. It is a destructive phenomenon. Serial killers often have it in spades. I have broken it down to two types is all, there seems to be the "too cute and harmless" looking to deal with type, and the cool type. Both can be very dangerous. I don't know if charisma has ever been studied, but I try and educate people I am responsible for to look at what is really there and try not to be blinded by it. Also should note, charismatic people either don't like people immune to their bullshit or are best friends with them. Point being they fear or respect them.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 03:35:46 AM »

Have you tried dripping yet?

No, itd be a brand new thing for me. I want to try it, but to be honest, I dont think it will be "my thing" simply because I like to just grab and go. Kinda like the real thing.

But who knows, I've been wrong about things before that I haven't tried. Might just be something I like alot after I get used to it.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 04:55:11 AM »

Arite, now the threads all tangled up.

Sorry BJ, didn't mean to derail your thread, seriously didn't.

I'm gonna answer one thing.

Dripping is like having an important scientific instrument.  Sometimes you wanna taste a flavor, and see what it really tastes like. 

Its the vape version of having a bong.

I don't know why I've never seen anyone say that before.

But thats what it is.

And you have to eiher love it, or want to experiment with it.   A flavor, I mean. 

I vaped a 306 lr of that mahallo, it was good man. 

Then go figure, I haven't dripped in a month.  So it's not like you have to sit around like the king of Persia dripping all day onto a hookah of virgin's pubes.  But come to think it it, I think I'd like that.

Some people will only drip, y'know.  Them types.  Vapemasters.

Some people keep dripping instruments to buy the tiny tiny bottle, if they're trying out a new avenue.  I know I hate buying a whole ounce of something that sucks.

But dude, Geoffs 'wolfman' on a drip is ridiculous.  As good as you think it tastes, you don't know half of it. 

I honestly don't know why it makes such a big difference, but it does.

They're only a couple bucks, but they fry quick.  They get gunky after a long night of improbable and grotesque mischief.

Then I throw 'em in an ashtray.  And there they are, mocking me.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 10:26:21 AM »

Ostracism only works when the social norms are your side, otherwise you look dumb for doing it.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »

My only beef with ostracism in the liberty type people community is when people declare it openly, like an announcement.

"I AM NOW SOCIALLY OSTRACIZING ROBERT PEAHAMMER JONES FOR SHITTING ON MY WIFE"S BEGONIAS, APRIL 19, 2012."

Looks silly.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »

Yeah, very silly.

If you have a beef with someone, just dont talk to them anymore. Dont be a drama queen about it, as if the fact that you dont want to associate with that person really means shit to anyone else. Makes em look like they are full of themselves.

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:06 PM »

People use this word alot. I do not think it means what they think it means.

Seems that "shun" is the appropriate term for what you see people doing today.

Shunning is something a single person can do. Ostracizing is something that every individual in a community does together.

I shun a few folks, BonerJoe, to the point that I will not patronize establishments where those folks are welcome.

BonerJoe

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »

as if the fact that you dont want to associate with that person really means shit to anyone else.

It really doesn't.

You can inform a person about what someone did. Then they will still associate with them. Then later on down the road will bitch about how this person is pulling the same exact shit with them. Meanwhile, they continue to tolerate it and bitch about the shit they continue to do. Hellloooooooooooo!?

BonerJoe

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »

Shunning is something a single person can do. Ostracizing is something that every individual in a community does together.

But in the Amish, shunning is a community thing!

Confusing. Anyway, we both know what each other is talking about. I guess.

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 12:40:07 PM »

But in the Amish, shunning is a community thing!

Confusing. Anyway, we both know what each other is talking about. I guess.

I hear you, but that is more like an inside lingo use of the word, rather than the general definition.

On that same note, I guess the "Shire" folk can have their own thing that they call ostracism if they want.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »

You can inform a person about what someone did. Then they will still associate with them. Then later on down the road will bitch about how this person is pulling the same exact shit with them. Meanwhile, they continue to tolerate it and bitch about the shit they continue to do. Hellloooooooooooo!?

Funny,

In four sentences you pretty much summed up about 99% of the people who vote in this country.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ostracism

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.