Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  One third of doctors do not want swine flu vaccination
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: One third of doctors do not want swine flu vaccination  (Read 14900 times)

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
One third of doctors do not want swine flu vaccination
« on: September 19, 2009, 04:30:20 AM »

I am against reporting polls as news but damn if this isn't interesting. 

One third of doctors do not want swine flu vaccination 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/swine-flu/6084234/One-third-of-doctors-do-not-want-swine-flu-vaccination.html

The survey, carried out by Healthcare Republic for GP newspaper, found that almost three in 10 GPs said they would not have the swine flu vaccine, with the same number, 29 per cent, unsure whether they would or not.

Out of the 216 GPs polled, more than seven in 10 said they were concerned there had not been sufficient trials.
[/size]

Maybe the real story is that there is an epidemic of Doctors placing themselves in thousands of dollars of dept for their educations and risking their career reputations to only be infected with the vaccine quackery virus?  Not to worry fine people, vaccine manufactures are hard at work to stop this epidemic of MDs being infected with this quackery bug which leads to the vaccine charlatan flu.  Because we all know if you don't have complete and utter blind faith in all vaccines you must be infected with quackery.  It seems the old treatments of fear and professional threats aren't as effective at combating the vaccine quackery virus.  Just to make sure you in the public aren't harmed by any future outbreaks of quackery in the Medical and Scientific community big pharma lobbyist are bribing persuading lawmakers to make our new anti-quackery vaccine mandatory for medical school and many scientific degree graduations.  (disclaimer:  Anti-quackery vaccine in initial trials has resulted in 1% deaths and 1% brain damage.  It has also proven ineffective against all other forms of quackery so the public is instructed to remain skeptical just not skeptical of vaccine safety and effectiveness.)

Show of hands how many of you did not know that flu vaccines do not run through animal testing to see if they are safe and effective before being given to people?  And that in fact people are the first test group that receive any new flu vaccine?  How many know that vaccines for animals go through more rigorous testing and trials prior to market than most vaccines intended for human consumption?   Please don't let these facts concern you because to do so might mean you too have been infected with the vaccine quackery virus.  Be on the watch for the vaccine charlatan flu and please report any suspected cases of this flu to your local health authorities.  Sadly any medical or scientific researchers infected with the vaccine quackery virus can not be treated so their licenses and credentials must be revoked and if they insist on continuing to practice medicine or conduct scientific research into vaccines they will be fined and jailed.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: One third of doctors do not want swine flu vaccination
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 05:02:25 AM »

Wow one vaccine that a significant amount of doctors don't want.  I guess all vaccines are evil then.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 05:09:57 AM »

Wow one vaccine that a significant amount of doctors don't want.  I guess all vaccines are evil then.

The flip side to your argument.  Just because one vaccine has been proven to be very valuable, it doesn't make all vaccines beyond reproach.  A point vaccine worshipers seem to miss time and time again.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 05:26:08 AM »

The flip side to your argument.  Just because one vaccine has been proven to be very valuable, it doesn't make all vaccines beyond reproach.  A point vaccine worshipers seem to miss time and time again.
I've never said that.  In fact I've never gotten the flu shot because I don't see a point to it.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 05:57:21 AM »

All vaccines arent evil,just the ones that dont go through the normal testing and trials.
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »

I've never said that.  In fact I've never gotten the flu shot because I don't see a point to it.

Well I never said all vaccines are evil  but your statement seems to indicate somewhere that I have done so.  Never said that I am anti-vaccine just cautious about them.  For example I don't see the point of injecting hepB into a newborn considering the extremely long odds that they would ever contact HepB in the first few years of life.   In fact the documented adverse reactions to the HepB vaccine by newborns which the vaccine manufactures are willing to acknowledge is more likely than a newborn contracting HepB should a parent elect to not have their infant get that one vaccine.  The risk reward is simply not in favor of injecting newborns or even infants with the HepB vaccine.  Yet when people point this out they are accused of being quacks or kooks or that they reject all vaccines as being evil. 

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 07:56:12 AM »

All vaccines arent evil,just the ones that dont go through the normal testing and trials.

What do you consider normal testing.  Testing funded by the vaccine manufactures and conducted by vaccine manufacture employees.
Personally, I would prefer the results of independent labs.  Something similar to the UL which certifies electrical devices.  Or a consumer reports sort of organization which doesn't take money from the products for which they are testing.  Please note neither of those solutions are government ones to insuring that a vaccine is safe and effective.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »

Was the polio vacciene a good thing?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »

Almost 3 in ten is not 1/3. 

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 02:19:07 AM »

Almost 3 in ten is not 1/3. 

Look I was quoting the article.  I suppose they should have CYAed the headline rather than rounding to the nearest fraction.
Maybe they could have used the term significant rather than a percentage.

todd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 11:54:24 AM »

the reason they don't do trials every year for the flu vaccine is because it is a variation of the same thing every year.  they spend 3 months discussing what are the most likely 3 strains to enter the population, then form the vaccine with dead forms of those 3 strains.  they use the same method every year, only the strains are different (so it is not a new vaccine every year, in effect).  the h1n1 vaccine is the same thing as the regular flu vaccine except that it will contain h1n1 as the dead virus.  i am not sure why they are running trials- maybe to allay some public fears.

blackie

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »

Are government programs to fund and distribute the polio vaccine a good thing?

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »

Thats an entirely different issue, Mr. Red Herring.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

blackie

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »

Is it?

The polio vaccine didn't eradicate polio, the government programs did.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 10:08:35 PM »

Is it?

The polio vaccine didn't eradicate polio, the government programs did.

Quoted for posterity

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  One third of doctors do not want swine flu vaccination

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 33 queries.