Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Old HST video I found interesting
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old HST video I found interesting  (Read 1696 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Old HST video I found interesting
« on: October 01, 2010, 04:49:17 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccyu44rsaZo&feature=fvst
Puts the whole biker craze in a whole new perspective. And make HST even more cool than I already thought he was.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Old HST video I found interesting
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 05:09:53 AM »

Heh kinda discredits hst a bit (or does it?) and I love that guys quotes.

We gotta revive our and trillians motorcycle thread
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 02:17:30 PM »

Anybody that stands up to a gang of Hells Angels to defend a woman, is and will always be subzero fucking cool. Just forget he lived life uncompromisingly badass as well. When I heard about his death I never for a second judged him, he wasn't going to die by anyone else but his own terms. I have no intention of living longer than I should either. Being some sad, helpless, useless leach on the productive is a pathetic existence.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 04:14:48 PM »

Another article about Dr. Thompson. I stumbled into it and since I started this thread what the hell.
http://www.timescolonist.com/Hunter+Thompson+brutally+honest+Canadian+request/3606508/story.html

Bill Brasky

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 05:55:08 PM »

Thompson was inside the Oakland gang for about a year when that happened, the biker who beat him was from another chapter.  Tensions were mounting from a variety of sources, they were possibly about to go to war with a black biker gang, and the cops and feds were really beginning to crack down on the Angels.  So they had a lot of nomads drifting around, which are bikers who do the enforcing and float between chapters.  They're not known for their diplomacy and Thompson was probably too big for his britches, thinking he was untouchable by way of protection from Sonny Barger. 

One of their rules is when an Angel starts beating on someone, they all swarm him.  They pretty much have to do it as a unified front or they'll be viewed as a weak link in the chain.  So Hunter got his ass kicked.  One of the guys who befriended him in the Oakland chapter intervened, and put a stop to it after a little violence had been dispensed, and showed him the door.  He was told he probably shouldn't return and had just become persona non grata.  He was pretty sick of the scene anyway, and had compiled enough research to finish his book. 

In 1967, nobody had ever been inside the Angels before, unless they were patched members or their bitches.  Thompson was really cutting edge for his time, it seems like a boring anecdote nowadays, but the facts known about the Angels were smaller than these paragraphs.  And the hysteria was pretty high, they were making the national news.  People were scared shitless of them. 

His book is still relevant.  You should read it.  The guy was an absolute master of the written word. 

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »

I read Hells Angels but it was a while back. I read Bargers book, Hells Angel as well.
In the late 80's  me and some Friends were huge fans of HST. We even liked to get drunk and watch Where The Buffalo Roam. I hope he stays relevent with today's youth as well.
With that said, I find most of HST's work difficult to follow, not Hells Angels though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Old HST video I found interesting

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.