Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  OHSNAP. Atlas Shrugged Trailer -
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: OHSNAP. Atlas Shrugged Trailer -  (Read 51569 times)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: OHSNAP. Atlas Shrugged Trailer -
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 08:55:23 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an-jkqnpDz4[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an-jkqnpDz4

Still looking pretty boring.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Y_IUgoyCk[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Y_IUgoyCk

Why is Dagny getting that guy coffee?--  "Do you want one lump of sugar in your coffee, or do you want two?"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:07:24 PM by Dalebert »

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2011, 09:12:01 PM »

Why is Dagny getting that guy coffee?--  "Do you want one lump of sugar in your coffee, or do you want two?"

Oh, my bad.  I just looked again and she was actually saying "If you double cross me, I'll destroy you." but maybe she said it on her way to getting coffee right before she asked how he wanted his.

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2011, 10:55:01 AM »

From my e-mail spam box -- Atlas Shrugged Movie Clip --

Striker,

In response to the overwhelming reception, and seemingly endless debate, accompanying the unveiling of the Atlas Shrugged Movie trailer, we are proud to share with you a very special clip pulled directly from the film.

The clip shows Henry Rearden...

the clip shows Henry...

Eh ehm...

I guess you'll just have to watch to find out exactly what Henry's doing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PK5Sq3bIHY[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PK5Sq3bIHY

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »

That's a good choice for fans of the book, but I also am wondering if the movie will get/hold the attention of people who are not already fans of the book.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:16 PM »

That's a good choice for fans of the book, but I also am wondering if the movie will get/hold the attention of people who are not already fans of the book.

I think that clip was released as a fan service for readers of the book. The trailer is the part this is supposed to capture new interest.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Lothar

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 11:25:21 PM »

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 09:10:23 PM »

http://silverunderground.com/?p=1616
I don't think I've ever been this excited (and nervous) for a movie...My road away from religious conservatism began with Atlas Shrugged.  LOTR was awesome when I was still in middle school, but this review just kindled hope that this might actually be worth watching.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Neal Jayu

• wears asian speedos
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 09:12:39 PM »

I've already admitted to pleasuring myself to Rush concert videos on Prometheus Unchained.

Undoubtedly, once Atlas Shrugged comes out on DVD, I will be whipping it out to Hank Rearden too.

Or maybe I'll just cut some holes in my pocket for the theatrical release.

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »

Of course Ayn Rand took a rational position on homosexuality, and so should you.

I wonder if any whore (female professional sex worker) in New Hampshire can be hired to teach Heterosexuality 101...   :)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »

But then Ayn didn't have any children, did she?  Hmmm... Hypocrite.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2011, 01:24:51 PM »

I disagreed with Ayn Rand's whole worldview on sexuality from the get go. I say this as a admitted chauvinist and heterosexual.
I hate to think of a world where woman want to have a man who can rule over them, even if he has to earn the right. I also note that a "Randian" woman would leave Mr. Wonderful for a better man if she can get him. Woman would also compete for the best men, with no sense of loyalty to her husband and family or the new man's for that matter. The highest men in a Randian society could trade out the old wife every few years. It would be a mess.
I sincerely hope they rewrite some of the original love story from Atlas Shrugged, I think many would find Dagny's always taking the better man and family ruining hobby repugnant.
For the record, I read Dr. Ferris, Hugh Akston, and Eddie Willers as gay when I read the book. Evidently I was wrong.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2011, 01:30:13 PM »

I disagreed with Ayn Rand's whole worldview on sexuality from the get go. I say this as a admitted chauvinist and heterosexual.
I hate to think of a world where woman want to have a man who can rule over them, even if he has to earn the right. I also note that a "Randian" woman would leave Mr. Wonderful for a better man if she can get him. Woman would also compete for the best men, with no sense of loyalty to her husband and family or the new man's for that matter. The highest men in a Randian society could trade out the old wife every few years. It would be a mess.
I sincerely hope they rewrite some of the original love story from Atlas Shrugged, I think many would find Dagny's always taking the better man and family ruining hobby repugnant.
For the record, I read Dr. Ferris, Hugh Akston, and Eddie Willers as gay when I read the book. Evidently I was wrong.

Rand did come from Russia...I know in the Fountainhead, the main female (her name just slipped my mind) character had her romantic plot changed for the film. In the film, she breaks off an engagement with Keating (instead of marrying and divorcing him) and Gayle Wynand kills himself (instead of her marrying and divorcing him) to free her to marry Roark.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2011, 01:42:22 PM »

Yeah, My Wife's Russian they are weird.....
Luckily.....I am the Best. 8)

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »

But then Ayn didn't have any children, did she?  Hmmm... Hypocrite.

And so time has come for me to reveal... The Secret...

Before coming to America when she was ~21, Ayn Rand was a Social Pedagogy student at the at the Petrograd State University, and while there she seduced a young Trotskyite-Zionist history professor whose last name was Libman.  She became pregnant and had a late term abortion (she was initially very picky about how dirty all Soviet abortion clinics were), but, without her knowledge, the doctors saved the fetus and used it to conduct ungodly medical experiments, including those involving brain stimulation and cryogenic preservation of living tissue.  This, like many other bizarre top-secret medical experiments Soviet scientists had the free reign to engage in in the 1920s, was brought to a halt by a sudden change in government policy.  The specimen was preserved in a refrigerated laboratory warehouse in Moscow, its documentation misplaced by the inept bureaucracy, until, in 1981, the faltering Soviet economy had to shut off electricity to that warehouse, causing the specimen to thaw.  Later that year there were reports of horrified hysterical people saying they saw a demonic-looking baby crawling around in the snow on the streets of Moscow...  You can read the rest in my upcoming autobiography.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:08:06 PM by /sbin/libmand »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  OHSNAP. Atlas Shrugged Trailer -

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.