Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX  (Read 24373 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2010, 02:09:01 PM »

just as the guns to our heads.
I've never had anyone put a gun to my head.

The threat is there, and they also steal bank accounts (and I've seen that.)

blackie

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2010, 02:16:32 PM »

I have never had anyone threaten to put a gun to my head.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2010, 02:48:13 PM »

Why is it wrong for him to request that the federal government give them their stolen money back?

If it was simply issuing checks back to taxpayers, then that would be different. But that's not the case.

So, under the current circumstances, you think Ron Paul should just not at least get the money back to the district that paid it in? Instead you think he should be principaled and not even try to do what he can?
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »

Then you're not paying attention, or you're stupid.  Judging by this thread, I have my own opinion.

Riddler

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2010, 04:07:21 PM »

why don't you pull an ed brown & see what happens?

blackie

« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2010, 04:13:38 PM »

Then you're not paying attention, or you're stupid.  Judging by this thread, I have my own opinion.
Good argument, Mr. Hyperbole.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:15:49 PM by blackie »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2010, 04:30:58 PM »

Then you're not paying attention, or you're stupid.  Judging by this thread, I have my own opinion.
Good argument, Mr. Hyperbole.

No hyperbole there at all.  Perhaps you think the treasury agents back their threats with harsh language and nerf bats.

blackie

« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2010, 04:42:50 PM »

No hyperbole there at all.
So you literally have an IRS agent with a gun to your head right now?

AL the Inconspicuous

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2010, 06:46:25 PM »

No hyperbole there at all.
So you literally have an IRS agent with a gun to your head right now?

Reading is fundamental.  They routinely DO take your money, DO seize bank accounts and DO put people in cages, and when they come for you, they DO point guns in your face if you choose not to go.

What's more, Mr. Smartass, I have been arrested for protesting my personal property being improperly seized by IRS agents (for taxes someone else "owed.")  I am glad I didn't do something violent about it--though I certainly gave it more than a passing thought.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:51:14 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2010, 07:21:08 PM »

His daughter called him a hero, sorta, but was then forced to retract...

The part I didn't find was whether this Vernon Hunter that died in the attack worked for the IRS.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

davann

« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »

His daughter called him a hero, sorta, but was then forced to retract...

The part I didn't find was whether this Vernon Hunter that died in the attack worked for the IRS.

(Ken) Hunter told "Good Morning America." "My dad Vernon did two tours of duty in Vietnam. My dad's a hero."

Was a vet and a vietnam one at that. They are the worst of all vets with all the fucking whinning and bitching about no one welcoming 'em home. Bunch of pussys, an entire little girl generation.  So weird they sprang from the loins of the greatest generation. Apple really fell far from the tree there. This world is going to be a far better place when all the 'nam vets are dead and we never have to hear them crying ever again.

blackie

« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2010, 08:07:44 PM »

I read something that said he worked for the IRS.

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/02/19/victim-in-austin-plane-crash-identified/?test=latestnews

We now know the IRS worker who was killed in the attack on an office building in Austin. He was Vernon Hunter, a 67-year old Revenue Office Manager. He was responsible for collections. Correspondent Kris Gutierrez talked with his wife, Valerie, who also works for the IRS and was in the same building when the attack happened. They have six grown children who live outside of Austin and who are flying in to be with their mother.

Valerie Hunter says before yesterday, she had never heard the name Joseph Stack. He’s the man investigators say set fire to his own home before getting in a plane and flying it into the office building. Witnesses confirm it was a deliberate attack. They say the plane looked like it was “dive-bombing” the building that is next to a busy Austin freeway. Stack left behind a lengthy, obscenity-filled internet post expressing his frustration with the IRS. Within hours of the attack, several Facebook pages were created in support of Stack’s barbaric attack. Looking at the building and the surrounding area, it’s amazing more people were not killed or injured. Another person was also severely hurt in the attack, a worker for the Texas Comptroller’s office.

Stack’s wife has decided not to talk with the media at least for now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 08:54:10 PM by blackie »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »

Look, its pretty f--kin simple................. I'll explain it as if you are 10 yrs old

The taxpayers in his district pay a shitload of money to the federal govt......... the federal govt decides they want to spend that money....... RP votes against it (lets give it back to the people that paid it)............. the majority votes to pass the spending bill because they are not like RP, his vote lost,  so since it passed anyway, he might as well get some of that money back to the people in his district that paid it in the first place, and that is done through earmarks. Understand?

If you were a tax payer in his district, would you rather the federal govt take your money and spend it on studying the mating habits of earthworms somewhere in California 1000 miles away , or would you rather at least get some of it back to your town where the money came from in the first place? Sure, it would be better if they didnt take it from you at all, but since they do, would you rather just have a congressman that said "nah, let them spend our money somewhere else" ?

So two wrongs make a right?

No, but two Wrights made the airplane

:lol:
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2010, 03:26:00 AM »

Stefan's take:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1SH7jeWpmhI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1SH7jeWpmhI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Nut crashes stolen plane into IRS building in TX

// ]]>

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 32 queries.